R.I.P. Antartica

• 78 Replies
Re: R.I.P. Antartica
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »
OK, there have been OBSERVED and RECORDED Antarctic journeys across the South Pole. People have died trying to reach it and I honestly find it offensive for them that you guys are calling it all a "conspiracy". Let's actually list off the problems Antarctica shows for FEers.

• Countless journeys and bases constructed at the Geographic South Pole. I'm pretty sure tourists (or at least college researchers) are allowed to travel there. In addition, the Magnetic South Pole (the place where all compasses go haywire, which should not exist under the FE map) does exist and has been discovered.
  • Others have actually crossed the Antarctican continent and approximated its distances, which do not match up with the FE map.
  • Sailors have navigated around the Antarctican Continent. Under the FE model, they would have to go a hell of a longer distance, and in a different direction.
  • Somewhat unrelated to Antarctica but relevant to the above, loxodromes would measure differently under the FE model, and RE loxodromes have worked perfectly for the last 500 years (seriously, you guys would get a spark of credibility if you found a single sailor who expressed trouble navigating the world with RE loxodromes).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:13:05 AM by Mr. Anon »

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011, 03:26:23 AM »
Did the conspiration prevent you from writing number 4?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
Whoops. I'm a bit new here, so yeah I'm prone to mess up sometimes.

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
And what about the scientific bases all over Antarctica?

Try getting them to show you where they are on a flat earth map, you won't have much success.

That's because a small place on the southern pole of a flat earth map would stretch around the outer perimeter of the world.  It would have to.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
Antarctica as a continent, doesn't exist.  It is actually a ring around the FE.
You can circumnavigate the Antarctic continent in a clockwise direction whilst always keeping land to your right. Please explain how this is possible.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 08:39:43 PM »
You can circumnavigate the Antarctic continent in a clockwise direction whilst always keeping land to your right. Please explain how this is possible.

The same way that you can trace the circumference of any circle.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »

If Antarctica is a continent, like is believed in RET, then the only way to travel around it in a clockwise fashion is to keep land on your right. If Antarctica is outermost part of a rim, like in FET, then the only way to travel around it in a clockwise fashion is to keep land on your left.

You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »

If Antarctica is a continent, like is believed in RET, then the only way to travel around it in a clockwise fashion is to keep land on your right. If Antarctica is outermost part of a rim, like in FET, then the only way to travel around it in a clockwise fashion is to keep land on your left.

Thank you, that's what I was trying to say.

So how is it possible we are able to travel around the antarctic continent with the land kept to your right, when on a flat Earth, this would be impossible.

Rushy

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
Thank you, that's what I was trying to say.

So how is it possible we are able to travel around the antarctic continent with the land kept to your right, when on a flat Earth, this would be impossible.

Obviously it is because of all of the fairy magic bending the light in a direction that is uniquely useful for explaining a flat earth.

Rushy

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 07:30:28 AM »
Why is this thread not getting more attention? I really want to know how a FE'er explains this.

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 08:02:02 AM »
Because FE'ers don't want to answer embarrassing questions.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
the answer is simple,
As MAster Willmore has thoerized, Antartica is a separate continent.

People live year round there, on the Antarctica pennisula, I think they would know of a giant ice wall.

Whats makes more sense is the barrier (really just a metaphor) is much farther beyond.
It is the point in which our spherical sun no longer shines. What lays beyond is unknown,
and it could be endless... Much exploration is to be had to confirm, but i know very soon it will.

Rushy

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
the answer is simple,

People live year round there, on the Antarctica pennisula, I think they would know of a giant ice wall.

Whats makes more sense is the barrier (really just a metaphor) is much farther beyond.
It is the point in which our spherical sun no longer shines. What lays beyond is unknown,
and it could be endless... Much exploration is to be had to confirm, but i know very soon it will.

Antartica isn't a peninsula. Other than that, I really can't discern a logical statement from what you posted.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »
conclusive proof that its a continent thats all

Rushy

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

Conclusive proof that it isn't? The burden of proof is on you, since academia has accepted RET and not FET. This is something that every conspiracy theory seems to have in common, the "prove me wrong" tactic.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

Conclusive proof that it isn't? The burden of proof is on you, since academia has accepted RET and not FET. This is something that every conspiracy theory seems to have in common, the "prove me wrong" tactic.

you just acting dumb or what? did i say it isnt? what have i got to prove? im only agreeing with the statement that it must be a continent and not the ice wall if you can travel clockwise and keep land to your right.
im confused as to why your react to my statement like that

Rushy

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »

you just acting dumb or what? did i say it isnt? what have i got to prove? im only agreeing with the statement that it must be a continent and not the ice wall if you can travel clockwise and keep land to your right.
im confused as to why your react to my statement like that

Wait what? You mean you were agreeing? Is that possible? Not even sure if the forum guidelines allow such a thing as agreeing.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »
yes i agree on what most people know and that the globe i had on my desk as a child was correct

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2011, 03:36:59 AM »
the answer is simple,

The map that Master Lord Willmore espouses was proved false, IIRC. Also it's supported by Tom, which is always a death sentence for anything you want taken seriously.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.