R.I.P. Antartica

• 78 Replies
?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
Re: R.I.P. Antartica
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »
Apparently there's Antartica the ice wall, and antartica the continant, floating like a massive island.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

katmarie

• the moon is made of cheese
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 10:40:36 AM »
Apparently there's Antartica the ice wall, and antartica the continant, floating like a massive island.
Oh, I thought the ice wall was referred to as the ice wall, not Antartica... Anywho, no island "floats", Antartica does not float, the large ice sheets that cover it do, at least the ones that extend over the ocean.
i point and laugh at you

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
They live in Antarctica, where the ice wall is.
Thought you said Anartica doesn't exist? And about the ice wall, how did they shoot the movie March of the Penguins. You would think they'd see the edge or something.
No no, you see, that charming bit of documentary was filmed at the edge of the semi-continent-wall thingie called Antarctic. It was too far out for people filming it to actually SEE the wall. Ah yes, the "theory" remains intact.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 02:51:13 AM »
Oh, I thought the ice wall was referred to as the ice wall, not Antartica... Anywho, no island "floats", Antartica does not float, the large ice sheets that cover it do, at least the ones that extend over the ocean.
you knew what I meant.  :P Maybe I should start my own site "the floating island society"....islands float, and the governement, trying to protect their blow-up countries, are trying to keep terrorists from finding out and popping the island..
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

dacdac

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »
Why does the gov't care to not let us know that there is a ice wall and the world is flat. I don't think my life would be any different if i knew. I truly don't care either way, so why are they trying to "cover it up"?

?

katmarie

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
you knew what I meant.  :P Maybe I should start my own site "the floating island society"....islands float, and the governement, trying to protect their blow-up countries, are trying to keep terrorists from finding out and popping the island..
hahaha. I bet you'd get at least 20 people to believe you. Make up some facts, etc and you have a conspiracy site.
i point and laugh at you

?

katmarie

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 07:12:52 PM »
Why does the gov't care to not let us know that there is a ice wall and the world is flat. I don't think my life would be any different if i knew. I truly don't care either way, so why are they trying to "cover it up"?
oh the makers of the site don't know the answer to that. They just "know" the earth is flat.
i point and laugh at you

El Cid

• ...And the truth shall set you free.
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
Hee hee hee.  Old topic.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
Hee hee hee.  Old topic.

Don't necro-bump a thread unless you have something to add to the discussion.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 06:37:29 AM »
Antarctica is not an ice wall,
the barrier of the unlit earth lays very far beyond,
please refer to Lord Willmires map.

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »
Antarctica is not an ice wall,
the barrier of the unlit earth lays very far beyond,
please refer to Lord Willmires map.

Prove it.
The FAQ needs updating to reflect the falsehood of the FAQ.

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 08:05:45 AM »
proof? the thousands of explorers that have mapped the continent

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:01 AM »
proof? the thousands of explorers that have mapped the continent

Heh. Yep, and none of them have seen an ice wall because it's a made up thing, complete fantasy. Harry Potter is more believable than Flat Earth.

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
no one has ever seen it because it more than likely does not exist and if it does it is not located anywhere near Antarctica.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 10:40:58 PM »
4 years and we are argueing the same things... there is no point in debate here, it doesnt get anywhere

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
4 years and we are argueing the same things... there is no point in debate here, it doesnt get anywhere

FE should shut the forums down, this isn't about debate, it's about FE not accepting any facts as facts.

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Then why hasn't anyone in modern times crossed it, then flown/come back over to tell of their discovery?

You mean, like this?
http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/

I think the first person ever to fly over Antarctica was a Brittish colonel who did it in a hot air balloon.
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

El Cid

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
Harry Potter is more believable than Flat Earth.
So true.  They don't tell us muggles anything, and they have magic.  Easy peasy.

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
Then why hasn't anyone in modern times crossed it, then flown/come back over to tell of their discovery?

You mean, like this?

I think the first person ever to fly over Antarctica was a Brittish colonel who did it in a hot air balloon.

You might want to look at this.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »

You mean, like this?

You might want to look at this.

who me?  What for?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »

You mean, like this?

They don't go over the whole thing.

El Cid

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »
http://www.south-pole.com/

They're all easy enough to explain, right up until NASA comes into play. Coincidence? I think not.

El Cid

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

They're all easy enough to explain, right up until NASA comes into play. Coincidence? I think not.
Or, maybe, they didn't have as descriptive records back then.  And I don't want an explanation.  The first person received government honors for going over Antarctica.  See http://www.south-pole.com/p0000107.htm.  Was there a conspiracy even then?  Has this been going on since the dawn of time?  Jeez, even my conspiracy theories aren't that implausible, and I think that the entire world has been ruled from behind the scenes by a secret society since 1948 or so.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »

Or, maybe, they didn't have as descriptive records back then.  And I don't want an explanation.  The first person received government honors for going over Antarctica.  See http://www.south-pole.com/p0000107.htm.  Was there a conspiracy even then?  Has this been going on since the dawn of time?  Jeez, even my conspiracy theories aren't that implausible, and I think that the entire world has been ruled from behind the scenes by a secret society since 1948 or so.

They lied for the glory.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 12:34:22 AM »
And what about the scientific bases all over Antarctica?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Zogg

• Secret NASA space picture photoshopper
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:12 AM »
Has this been going on since the dawn of time?

I find this very unlikely.

Then again, some FEers believe that the actual duration of our world history is not more than 500 years old, that Jesus was born 1680 AD and crucified in Troy before it was sacked, that the destruction of Pompeii by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius actually happened in the 18th century and that the Great Wall of China was built in the second half of the 20th century...  :o

I'm not making this up: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg854193#msg854193

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 06:26:16 AM »
They lied for the glory.

Why?  If there no glory in reaching the end of the world and proving conventional science to be flawed?  Why does it make sense to base our belief structure on a 19th century crackpot with a bunch of debunk ideas, and then call all the scientists and explorers who agree that the south pole actually exists as we understand it liars?

Zogg

• Secret NASA space picture photoshopper
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »
Why does it make sense to base our belief structure on a 19th century crackpot with a bunch of debunk ideas...?

The man was a genius! Not only he invented a wonder-cure for all illnesses, but also the life-preserving cylindrical railroad carriage!  ;)

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
And what about the scientific bases all over Antarctica?

Try getting them to show you where they are on a flat earth map, you won't have much success.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.