Explain a few things to me:

• 77 Replies
Re: Explain a few things to me:
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »
1. Because you are afriaid to be wrong.
3. That curve, because of the Earth being round, is actually the closest thing to a straight line.
4. Prove us wrong.
5. No, you don't. If you did, you'd show them.
You have no reason not to show them.

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »
I agree, plus I am very interested in these "journals".  Why can't you show them.
Flat. Earth. Is. Psuedo. Science.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »

Nice way to kick a man who's down, Round Earther.

3. That curve, because of the Earth being round, is actually the closest thing to a straight line.

IF the Earth was round, you couldn't go in a straight line to begin with.

4. Prove us wrong.

You mean getting jailed for being a "terrorist" is not a valid reason?
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »
1.  Like you haven't been the least bit offensive.

3. A straight line relative the curve...

4.5.  I fail to see how giving information on some journals is going to get you jailed. Your more likely to be jailed for a hate crime.

FEIPS

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »

Nice way to kick a man who's down, Round Earther.
Wow, you actually admitted to being down! (Like you haven't been offensive?)

IF the Earth was round, you couldn't go in a straight line to begin with.
Exactly. Which is why you have to go what would be considered a curve on a flat map. Because going straight horizontally would actually lead you on a longer path because it's already a curve. Thusly, aircraft travel in curves when in transit.
4. Prove us wrong.

You mean getting jailed for being a "terrorist" is not a valid reason?
1) The government is not all seeing. They do not have enough personnel to observe everything, even if they wanted to.
2) The government is not unjust, contrary to your stupid "conspiracy" theories. Saying it is is absolute ignorance.
3) That's not terrorism. They wouldn't jail you, they'd laugh at you. If they going to jail you for being a terrorist, they'd have done it already. If they were going to, just for saying that you've got those documents, they'd be after you, that's if your theory of that being a conspiracy is correct.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »

I have never been offensive.

Exactly. Which is why you have to go what would be considered a curve on a flat map. Because going straight horizontally would actually lead you on a longer path because it's already a curve. Thusly, aircraft travel in curves when in transit.

No, going straight would just make you crash into land.

1) The government is not all seeing. They do not have enough personnel to observe everything, even if they wanted to.

Ever heard of Project Echelon? They *can* observe everything, at least insofar as the Internet is concerned. This is all public knowledge, not conspiracy.

2) The government is not unjust, contrary to your stupid "conspiracy" theories. Saying it is is absolute ignorance.

Very funny. Don't be ridiculous. Either you never studied history in high school, don't watch the news at all, and have been living under a rock for your whole life, or you are a fanatic statist. Either way, there's no point in debating this.

3) That's not terrorism. They wouldn't jail you, they'd laugh at you.

Tell those they already arrested.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2007, 09:09:06 PM »

I have never been offensive.
Telling me that, because I'm Christian, that I have no right to speak my mind here, is offensive. Telling me Christians have no right to Freedom of Speech, or that the Freedom of Speech allowing Christians to talk is offensive.

No, going straight would just make you crash into land.
Exactly.
Going straight on a flat map would cause you to take a longer path as well. However, since the world is flat, on a flat map of paper, you have to take a path that is considered curved, even though it is actually straight. To get from New York to England, going up near Greenland is actually the shortest path, even though it's not actually along the way. FE'ers don't seem to get this, despite civilian flight-records.

Ever heard of Project Echelon? They *can* observe everything, at least insofar as the Internet is concerned. This is all public knowledge, not conspiracy.
They don't have the manpower to sort through all the crap to find what they want. They need leads. They don't look through everything. If they arrested people people who thought that the earth was flat, they;d have you already.

Very funny. Don't be ridiculous. Either you never studied history in high school, don't watch the news at all, and have been living under a rock for your whole life, or you are a fanatic statist. Either way, there's no point in debating this.
There are people in the government who aren't just, true. But as a whole, the government is.

3) That's not terrorism. They wouldn't jail you, they'd laugh at you.

Tell those they already arrested.
I will when you can find them.
If they wanted people who thought the Earth was flat, you'd be rotting in Leavenworth right now.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »
Telling me that, because I'm Christian, that I have no right to speak my mind here, is offensive. Telling me Christians have no right to Freedom of Speech, or that the Freedom of Speech allowing Christians to talk is offensive.[/quote]

Pointing out that someone else is offensive, is not offensive. It's just a fact.

Going straight on a flat map would cause you to take a longer path as well. However, since the world is flat, on a flat map of paper, you have to take a path that is considered curved, even though it is actually straight. To get from New York to England, going up near Greenland is actually the shortest path, even though it's not actually along the way. FE'ers don't seem to get this, despite civilian flight-records.

I still don't get it. So it's better not to take a straight route either way. How exactly does this prove anything?

They don't have the manpower to sort through all the crap to find what they want. They need leads. They don't look through everything. If they arrested people people who thought that the earth was flat, they;d have you already.

They don't arrest anyone who says the Earth is flat. They DO arrest anyone who tries to spread forbidden knowledge about other lands. Even now I fear for my life.

There are people in the government who aren't just, true. But as a whole, the government is.

That is an insane statement, which betrays a total ignorance of history, current events, and human decency.

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2007, 10:50:47 PM »
I have two words for your entire arguement. Everything you have ever said in this thread.

Prove.
It.

And one question you never answered. Why do you believe in the flat-earth theory?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2007, 12:08:52 AM »
I have two words for your entire arguement. Everything you have ever said in this thread.

Prove.
It.

Already have... See my thread on "proofs of FE."

And one question you never answered. Why do you believe in the flat-earth theory?

Because it is true.

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2007, 04:57:13 AM »
I've seen your thread, its a sham. Flat Earth is Psuedo Science.

Franc, since its not rude to point out when someones offensive, let me point out that you are offensive.  Your intollerant of thinking different from your own, your ignorant of the facts, you lie when you have no real evidence, and overall you give a bad name to your fellow FEers, 'cause I know they're not all arrogant asses who can't come up with anything good to say.

FEIPS

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2007, 05:05:41 AM »
"Because it is true" is saying nothing more than, "I have no reason to think that way other than that I am brainwashed/I don't know why I think that way." You follow your beliefs blindly.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »
"Because it is true" is saying nothing more than, "I have no reason to think that way other than that I am brainwashed/I don't know why I think that way." You follow your beliefs blindly.

You made a little mistake. Replace "You" with "I" and "your" with "my." You are the one who are following your indoctrination blindly.

I provide evidence and conviction. You provide belief and hatred.

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »

You made a little mistake. Replace "You" with "I" and "your" with "my." You are the one who are following your indoctrination blindly.

Bah, thats a lie if I've ever heard one.  You have provided blind belief and hatred yourself, even if you yourself are ignorant of it. Your "evidence" and "conviction" is a bunch of fake journals, the disbelief of the human races greatest scientist, a lack of knowledge in even basic physics, and an ignorance of what CAN'T be seen with a telescope and thats probably just to name a few.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »

Bah, thats a lie if I've ever heard one.  You have provided blind belief and hatred yourself, even if you yourself are ignorant of it. Your "evidence" and "conviction" is a bunch of fake journals, the disbelief of the human races greatest scientist, a lack of knowledge in even basic physics, and an ignorance of what CAN'T be seen with a telescope and thats probably just to name a few.

Your response brims with hatred.

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »

But even if it is laced with hatred it has truth to its structure.

FEIPS

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

Chill out people! Peace all over the world..
Round or flat, we have only one earth.. and we FEers and REers must share it, in peace......

...At least until all RE'ers are dead and FEers rule the world...

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »

Chill out people! Peace all over the world..
Round or flat, we have only one earth.. and we FEers and REers must share it, in peace......

...At least until all RE'ers are dead and FEers rule the world...

Or until the Flat Earth Society dies out again like it has done multiple times.

FEIPS