Explain a few things to me:

• 77 Replies
Re: Explain a few things to me:
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 07:28:26 PM »
That's preposterous.

Typical fanatic FE rhetoric. Just try there advice. Just try it!

Do you go and investigate what every religious fanatic preaches? In the whole world? If so, you must have no life and I feel sorry for you. If not, why should *I* have to do it?

Well, as an athiest I do study different religions so I have some stuff to back up my arguments. If your going to preach how we're wrong you should atleast look at some of our evidence and reasoning as to why we believe in RE.

I am an atheist and I see no point in studying nonsense. Why should *I* be beholden to other people's imaginations?

(Irony of this conversation is that in the General Dicussion you accused REers of getting easily mad and insulting.)

No one is forcing you, but it gives you an extra leg to stand on and it makes you look more credible if you actually have looked through a telescope before you tell people what they can/can't see with one.
Flat. Earth. Is. Psuedo. Science.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »
"Because I, an adamant Christian (Southern Baptist)"

Typical redneck crap. Get outta here, godboy. This board is for serious discussions.  People who believe in sky-pixies that pop humans out of clay are not worthy of being here.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Zee

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Oh by the gods themselves, you are... HA HA HA HA

I'm crying right now, this is rich, so rich, hahahaha!

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »

Typical redneck crap. Get outta here, godboy. This board is for serious discussions.  People who believe in sky-pixies that pop humans out of clay are not worthy of being here.

Okay thats just wrong. When you ridicule someone for their religion, it shows you as the intolerant asshole. I can deal with the arrogance of the I'm right, your wrong attitude of yours, but you have crossed the line.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »

Okay thats just wrong. When you ridicule someone for their religion, it shows you as the intolerant asshole. I can deal with the arrogance of the I'm right, your wrong attitude of yours, but you have crossed the line.

You're damn right I am intolerant of a religion that preaches I was made from clay by a fucking sky-pixie. I don't know where the hell you came from, but I didn't come from clay.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 07:37:06 PM »

You're damn right I am intolerant of a religion that preaches I was made from clay by a fucking sky-pixie. I don't know where the hell you came from, but I didn't come from clay.

There is one that teaches that? Wow! What's it called?
I mean, I was always taught that God made me in his own image! It mustn't be Christianity, because there's no clay involved in that. (I'll admit, I am being an asshole)
Seriously, learn before you insult. You're just full of arrogance and ignorance.

"I am atheist." Typical liberal crap. Get out of here, anarchist boy!
...Seriously. That's just the same level of insulting you gave me. Plus, I'm not even being arrogant condescending about discriminating people because of their beliefs. Apparently, because I like a round earth and God, I'm stupid and a red-neck! I guess I'll just go get my vittles and trappin's, kiss mah cuzzin and go try tuh reed sum moer!
(Before anyone calls me a flamer for insulting him... basically, just look at what he said.)

Don't call me a redneck, I prefer the term "Appalachian American."
And I'm not even a redneck. I'm more city-folk with a spice of distance from any actual city. I'm simply in the bible-belt. Hell, I'm not even within a redneck area.

Plus, I think we've proven I'm more scientific than you, since I actually experiment rather than blindly follow something someone else told me.

Next time someone says that religion causes intollerance, I'll just divert them to this subject...

?

Zee

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »
You're also a college educated person to subscribes to a complete swap of physical laws.

?

Valcarde

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 07:38:27 PM »
Franky-boy, I think the real reason you aren't willing to do this 'experiment' that was offered is because you're afraid you'll be wrong, and your 'belief' will collapse like a house of cards in a strong breeze.

If you are 100% sure that the earth is flat and you will be able to see the Appalachian Mountains, St.Louis Arch, what have you, then...

Why the apprehension to try it?

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 07:38:49 PM »

It is hopeless in the case of you.  You try to slander us REers of being insulting and the such when you are even worse.  YOU give atheist and FEers a bad name.

FEIPS

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »
Enough.  This is not the place for this.  Take it to angry ranting or the religion board.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »
I am not made in any sky-pixie's image. What you say is offensive and I demand that you stop this bullshit slander.

If you believe that we came from clay because a sky-pixie said the magic words, and that everyone is inherently "sinful," then your belief system is offensive. I don't care if you preach or not, it's just not acceptable to believe this.

How can people in this day and age still be allowed to say these things? Freedom of speech goes too far.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
Anyone who expresses Christian beliefs on this board should be censored, because these beliefs are offensive. You shouldn't be allowed to say anything that offends others, according to any reasonable utilitarian calculation.

?

Zee

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »
So we've confirmed Francis to be a Nazi; and TheEngineer, how the heck did you get to be a mod?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 07:44:28 PM »
If you wanna believe that you were made in the image of some sky-pixie, that's fine, but don't involve the rest of us.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 07:44:31 PM »
So we've confirmed Francis to be a Nazi; and TheEngineer, how the heck did you get to be a mod?

Because I know what I am talking about, and have a good reputation on these boards.  Now, stop with the off topic posts and personal attacks, this will be your last warning.  This is not the place for it.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Zee

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »
You think you know what you're talking about.

?

Valcarde

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »
If you wanna believe that you were made in the image of some sky-pixie, that's fine, but don't involve the rest of us.

You were the one who brought up the 'sky-pixies'.
You are the only one who keeps going on about 'sky-pixies'.

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »
Must a topic be moved to the angry rant forum if just a few people are hostile?

Back on topic. I still believe you don't have much credibility if you haven't experimented with evidence of an opposing belief.  So why not try the telescope and figure it out yourself?

FEIPS

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
I am not made in any sky-pixie's image. What you say is offensive and I demand that you stop this bullshit slander.

If you believe that we came from clay because a sky-pixie said the magic words, and that everyone is inherently "sinful," then your belief system is offensive. I don't care if you preach or not, it's just not acceptable to believe this.

How can people in this day and age still be allowed to say these things? Freedom of speech goes too far.

Your arrogance, ego, and lack of IQ is bringing the world down.
All who in favor of kicking him out of the gene pool (to keep from corrupting natural selection), say "aye...", all opposed... go play in traffic.

Okay, back on topic. Please revert to these subjects:
1) Horizon line & Increased height = Increased range of vision, not bound to a constant of air density
2) Circumnavigation
3) Fastest distance is a curve (noticable over very long distances)
4) Day and Night in a flat Earth? How?
5) Other side of this disk we live on, if it is indeed flat?
6) How does the government profit from such a conspiracy?

?

Zee

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »
Let it be known I suggesting kicking him out earlier:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11645.msg157152#msg157152

^^ proofs

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
All who in favor of kicking him out of the gene pool (to keep from corrupting natural selection), say "aye...", all opposed... go play in traffic.

And you people call ME a Nazi? Just because I am offended by your slanderous beliefs? And you want me to be killed?

Get behind me, Satan.

1) Horizon line & Increased height = Increased range of vision, not bound to a constant of air density

Does not exist.

2) Circumnavigation

Compatible with FE.

Irrelevant.

Because of the rising and setting of the suns.

There are other lands, as described by explorers' journals.

They do not profit, but they have to keep their people within this local area. It is a complicated geopolitical issue involving other lands and armies. The US government is fully aware of the situation.

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
I know that you CAN see anything with a clear line of right, because the Earth is flat.
How do you know you can? Saying "because the Earth if flat" is not proof.
Prove that you can. How do you know the Earth is flat?

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2007, 08:00:59 PM »

And you people call ME a Nazi? Just because I am offended by your slanderous beliefs? And you want me to be killed?

Get behind me, Satan.

Does not exist.

2) Circumnavigation

Compatible with FE.

Irrelevant.

They do not profit, but they have to keep their people within this local area. It is a complicated geopolitical issue involving other lands and armies. The US government is fully aware of the situation.

1. Prove Mr. I've never looked in a telescope to see.

2. True, but it wouldn't be circumnavigation.

3. Very relevant as this supports a curved Earth.

4. Geocentrism was proved false by Gallileo.

5. Christopher Columbus thought he was in India. All those "other" lands could easily been mistaken.

6. So telling the truth of a flat earth and past that is a barren iceland is going to make people go, "Hey I'm going to go to the edge of the Earth..." Doubtful.

FEIPS

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »

Get behind me, Satan.
There are many ways to rid you of the gene pool that don't involve death...

Does not exist.
Prove it.

2) Circumnavigation

Compatible with FE.
How?

Irrelevant.
How?

Which journals? No explorer, i.e. Magellan, mentions anything but what would prove the Earth to be round.

Then why the conspiracy?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:04:48 PM by Skyburn »

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 08:04:27 PM »
"1. Prove Mr. I've never looked in a telescope to see."

How?

"2. True, but it wouldn't be circumnavigation."

Technically correct.

"3. Very relevant as this supports a curved Earth."

How?

"4. Geocentrism was proved false by Gallileo."

Well, the whole geocentric v heliocentric issue assumes there is only one, huge Sun and smallish planets. This kind of thinking doesn't really apply to the facts.

"5. Christopher Columbus thought he was in India. All those "other" lands could easily been mistaken."

Not when you need to cross the Ice Wall to get there. The Ice Wall is kindof noticeable.

"6. So telling the truth of a flat earth and past that is a barren iceland is going to make people go, "Hey I'm going to go to the edge of the Earth..." Doubtful."

Why not? We explore everything we can. That is human nature.

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »
1. Go look through a telescope and try and look for a landmark relatively far from you. If you can try it from a high up place.

3. Due to the curvature of the Earth it would be shorter to just fly somewhat on the curve then, lets say, the equator. Hence why planes will usually fly not fly in a straight path as it is shorter to just fly in a curve.

4. What facts do you speak of?  I know the facts of there being one sun and a bunch of smaller planets circling it, not multiple suns within crators in the Earth which rise and set.  ::)

5. May I ask for these journals and some quotes from them.  They may have seen the coast of antartica, but I doubt they would have gone on there in the age of exploration.

6. But whole populations. Maybe a few explorers, but not whole huge groups.

FEIPS

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
Explain:
How did the Earth get to be flat?
Why is it flat?
How do you know it's flat?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2007, 08:28:43 PM »
1. Go look through a telescope and try and look for a landmark relatively far from you. If you can try it from a high up place.

It's your fantasy belief, you try it. I don't have the money or time to indulge your delusions.

3. Due to the curvature of the Earth it would be shorter to just fly somewhat on the curve then, lets say, the equator. Hence why planes will usually fly not fly in a straight path as it is shorter to just fly in a curve.

That makes no sense whatsoever. A line is the shortest path between two points, not a curve.

4. What facts do you speak of?  I know the facts of there being one sun and a bunch of smaller planets circling it, not multiple suns within crators in the Earth which rise and set.  ::)

Then you "know" wrong.

5. May I ask for these journals and some quotes from them.  They may have seen the coast of antartica, but I doubt they would have gone on there in the age of exploration.

I cannot give these to you under any circumstance.

6. But whole populations. Maybe a few explorers, but not whole huge groups.

In the past, whole armies passed through this land in their enterprises. Nowadays, inter-land treaties prevent this.

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »
1. Why not try it, unless you are afraid of the possibility of being wrong.

3. Only on a flat plane is a line the shortest path. To understand it, you would have to work upon a sphere.

4. I ask for evidence of your theory.

5. Because you don't have them most likely or is it the conspiracy.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »
1. Why not try it, unless you are afraid of the possibility of being wrong.

Not enough money, not enough time.

3. Only on a flat plane is a line the shortest path. To understand it, you would have to work upon a sphere.

I still don't understand it.

4. I ask for evidence of your theory.

I already made a thread with the evidence.

5. Because you don't have them most likely or is it the conspiracy.

I do have them.
[/quote]