Explain a few things to me:

• 77 Replies
Explain a few things to me:
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
For all you FE'ers out there, I want a few explainations, and a few counters to my examples of RE proof:

First of all, how can I, in Southern Illinois, not get on top of my house, with a large telescope, and see the Sears Tower in Chicago? Before one says "the air is too thick." I would like to explain a few things to you: There are more than enough photons. If you study atoms, your body is virtually nothing - really, most of it is absolute nothingness. All it is, basically, is a bunch of electrons loosely orbiting masses of protons and neutrons, and the electromagnetic fields of those electrons make up all sorts of physical resistance we feel.
Expand that to a gas. With the extreme amount of protons moving through the atmosphere, it would take many hundred, if not thousands of miles of air to filter out all of those photons. But, according to the FE'ers, the physics of that means nothing, apparently. Atoms are unbelievably small, and are mostly just a void. It takes thousands of them tightly and coherently packed to deflect them. In air, such deflections are easily reversed, if they occur at all.
Also, using this reason, the horizon would drastically increase on humid days. It doesn't.
So how can't I see Chicago when the air isn't thick enough to stop all of those photons? How can't I see the Appalachian Mountains or my grandma's house?
You might still say that the air is actually thick enough. Let me prove you wrong on that:
How can one on a tower see further than one on the ground? You might say "the air thickens!" Mathematically, you're seeing through more air than before, at certain variables. (Pythagorean theorem coupled with the density of air, which, up to 30,000 feet, is not that substantial in differences, but 30,000 feet is enough to see well over a hundred miles. Mathmatically, you're seeing through more air.
But you're seeing farther. Because of this principle, many Egyptians of old speculated, even knew the Earth was round - as well because they could see ships "sink" over the horizon.
So how can I not see Chicago? How can I not see the Sear's Tower?

How is it possible for my father, a worker employed by Boeing, to travel around the world by airliner on multi-national business trips?

Why is the fastest route to a destination a curve when talking about large distances?

Why are celestial bodies, such as Mars or Jupiter, round when we are not? Gravity and their rotundity are proved through one observed circumstance in which, due to gravitational attraction at different points of a comet, it caused the comet to break into seven separate pieces, in a line, and impact Jupiter at seven different points - as it rotated, a line of impacts were caused due to it's rotation.
------Wouldn't Mars and Jupiter require such "Ice Walls" to produce the effects we see here? Or are they actually round? I remember someone on this site said they were flat. (A bunch of floating disks in space? How do they all happen to point towards us. Why can't anyone see the sides? Why do they always appear circular?)

-Please explain to me how day and night work.
-If the Earth is flat, what's on the other side?

One thing I really want to know is how would the governments of the world/NASA benefit off of this? How, out of many many countries that would have to be involved, is there not one major leak?
Why do liberal, virtually anti-government News Stations show the Earth as round when they have satellites in orbit to prove that it is not?
FYI: Google Earth is a civilian-provided service. No conspiracy there, and it shows the Earth as round.

How did the government photoshop anything before they had the equipment to alter the pictures properly?

Re: Explain a few things to me:
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
a little advice to the newbie friend (his first post hehe)

Not many people read the long stuff...

and as an answer to all questions here: Yes.. impossible but true... the earth is flat...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »
I've been observing for the past few hours, and I came up with a few theories to help out the FE'ers.

For all you FE'ers, try using these arguements.

1) Spacetime warps itself to our will, because it naturally avoids all dark energy created by the mentality of a conspiracy.
2) Anything we call a conspiracy is one, except for ourselves. We are not a conspiracy. We are the one true anti-conspiracy.
3) We are the only ones who are right. Just because we say so.
4) Your reality is wrong. Because we said so. We care not for physics or logic.
5) The Earth is Flat because it is. There needs to be no logic applied to this, because it is so. Denying this is heresy, and punishable by death.

EDIT:
If they don't read all of that long stuff they won't be able to properly formulate an arguement. I am elaborate for a reason.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:23:12 PM by Skyburn »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »
First off, let me say this:  You should have read the FAQ.

Now:

Circumnavigation is possible on the FE.
Google Earth has nothing to do with space.
I can't see a mountain range that is just over 20 miles from my house do the atmosphere.
I know about atoms and photons, thanks.
Not all celestial bodies are flat.
Gravity does not exist.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

Now:

Circumnavigation is possible on the FE. wrong
Google Earth has nothing to do with space. wrong
I can't see a mountain range that is just over 20 miles from my house do the atmosphere. wrong
I know about atoms and photons, thanks. wrong
Not all celestial bodies are flat. very very right
Gravity does not exist. irrelevant

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 06:31:17 PM »

Now:

Circumnavigation is possible on the FE.
Google Earth has nothing to do with space.
I can't see a mountain range that is just over 20 miles from my house do the atmosphere.
I know about atoms and photons, thanks.
Not all celestial bodies are flat.
Gravity does not exist.

Circumnavigation is possible on the FE? Through what sort of magic is this possible if it's flat?

Google Earth has everything to do with a round earth. Hell, that's one of the main points of it.

You know all about atoms and photons? Then you'll obviously apply them to atmospheric logic and realize that atoms and molecules in the air are much too small to stop the photons over such a relatively short distance.

Not all celestial bodies are flat. I'd like you to point out which ones are. I was just saying that someone on this site said they were. (Oh, those 7 pieces of the comet I was talking about? Each one was large enough to cause a fallout enough to cover the surface of the earth, and create craters over a couple hundred miles wide. If Jupiter was flat, it'd have tilted at least a bit. Jupiter is round, if nothing else.)

Gravity doesn't exist. Prove it. I can at least prove that there is something there.
True, gravitational force doesn't exist. Spacetime? Perhaps. All we have are theories, but we do know that there is something keeping me from floating off into the air.

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
For all you FE'ers out there, I want a few explainations, and a few counters to my examples of RE proof:

First of all, how can I, in Southern Illinois, not get on top of my house, with a large telescope, and see the Sears Tower in Chicago?

You can.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:49:14 PM »
Actually, I can't. I've tried. I even did the math. Had teachers do the math. Impossible.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 06:49:42 PM »
Actually, I can't. I've tried. I even did the math. Had teachers do the math. Impossible.

What "math" is involved? As long as you have a clear line of sight, you can see it. The End.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »
Gravity does not exist.
Gravity doesn't exist. Prove it. I can at least prove that there is something there.
True, gravitational force doesn't exist. Spacetime? Perhaps. All we have are theories, but we do know that there is something keeping me from floating off into the air.

like the other person said read FAQs before posting now if you had read them you would know that gravity is movment through space keeping us to the ground and that absoultly every thing has a gravitational pull
STOP BEING STUPID THE EARTH IS FLAT

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »

What "math" is involved? As long as you have a clear line of sight, you can see it. The End.
Calibration of the telescope/angles, et cetera. As for something requiring virtually no calibration: I can't see the Appalachian Mountains from where I am. They arn't nearly far away enough for the atmosphere for me to not see them... but I can't see them. The horizon of the rounded earth negates that.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »
Gravity does not exist.

like the other person said read FAQs before posting now if you had read them you would know that gravity is movment through space keeping us to the ground and that absoultly every thing has a gravitational pull

So just 'cause some FAQ with no actual scientifically accepted evidence says there is no gravity, I should believe that?
Flat. Earth. Is. Psuedo. Science.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 06:57:18 PM »

Calibration of the telescope/angles, et cetera. As for something requiring virtually no calibration: I can't see the Appalachian Mountains from where I am. They arn't nearly far away enough for the atmosphere for me to not see them... but I can't see them. The horizon of the rounded earth negates that.

There is no horizon. Be more careful with your calculations and you will be able to see what you are looking for.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

There is no horizon. Be more careful with your calculations and you will be able to see what you are looking for.

A question, have you tried this with a telescope?

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »

I don't own a telescope. I don't have enough money to waste it on trivial pursuits.

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 07:02:56 PM »
It's a good game. Maybe you would have more joy with the junior edition

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »
Quite some time ago, I tried this. I scoured almost every inch (metaphorically used) of the horizon. There are no landmasses in the way. Illinois is flat.
I actually looked for the St. Louis Arch, too, not more than 50 miles away. Logically, it should be so incredibly easy to find with no more than five minutes searching, it should just practically smack me the the face!
Guess what? Couldn't find that either.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 07:05:45 PM by Skyburn »

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 07:04:56 PM »
Quite some time ago, I tried this. I scoured almost every inch (metaphorically used) of the horizon. There are no landmasses in the way. Illinois is flat.
I actually looked for the St. Louis Arch, too, not more than 50 miles away.

Then you are not very good with a telescope.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

I don't own a telescope. I don't have enough money to waste it on trivial pursuits.

So how would you know if you haven't experimented? You can't really tell a person what they can or can't see with a telescope if you don't even have experiance with one.

Besides telescopes are useful in the hobby of stargazing. Its relaxing, you should try it.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 07:06:18 PM »
I know that you CAN see anything with a clear line of right, because the Earth is flat.

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
I know that you CAN see anything with a clear line of right, because the Earth is flat.
How do you know the Earth is flat? I clearly have shown you scientifically how I know it to be round. Prove it to be flat.

I actually looked for the St. Louis Arch, too, not more than 50 miles away.

Then you are not very good with a telescope.
I found Jupiter, and not the St. Louis Arch? Wow. Yeah, I must really suck, then. I mean, I've even been to the arch.

I like how the only true thing any of the FE's have tackled so far is the horizon line issue.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 07:08:49 PM »

But, you should atleast try a telescope before you diss somebodies usage of it. Maybe you'll discover something you didn't know before.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 07:12:51 PM »
That's preposterous.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »
That's preposterous.

Typical fanatic FE rhetoric. Just try there advice. Just try it!
Quote from: Raist
One thing we have learned is don't fuck around in Africa. It leads to bad.

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
That's preposterous.

Is it till you try it. You blindly follow this theory without testing it. If you are correct then you should be able to see it personally yourself. If you are wrong, you will see how he sees nothing, when by FE theory there should be something.  Either way, you gain knowledge and what is money and time compared to the pursuit of knowledge.

FEIPS

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »
That's preposterous.
Arrogance?

Seriously, your only arguement right now is "You're wrong! I'm right! (Because you're all just brainwashed!)"

(I'd seriously like to know how the government benefits by brainwashing everyone that the Earth is round when there are better things they could brainwash them into.)

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 07:18:44 PM »
That's preposterous.

Do you go and investigate what every religious fanatic preaches? In the whole world? If so, you must have no life and I feel sorry for you. If not, why should *I* have to do it?

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 07:22:39 PM »
That's preposterous.

Do you go and investigate what every religious fanatic preaches? In the whole world? If so, you must have no life and I feel sorry for you. If not, why should *I* have to do it?

Well, as an athiest I do study different religions so I have some stuff to back up my arguments. If your going to preach how we're wrong you should atleast look at some of our evidence and reasoning as to why we believe in RE.

FEIPS

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
That's preposterous.

Well, as an athiest I do study different religions so I have some stuff to back up my arguments. If your going to preach how we're wrong you should atleast look at some of our evidence and reasoning as to why we believe in RE.

I am an atheist and I see no point in studying nonsense. Why should *I* be beholden to other people's imaginations?

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »
That's preposterous.

I am an atheist and I see no point in studying nonsense. Why should *I* be beholden to other people's imaginations?

That's preposterous.

Because I, an adamant Christian (Southern Baptist) even delve into my faith and it's backgrounds, and many others.
Because I actually study what I'm trying to argue for.
You obviously don't. You are the follower of a theory that has no more backing than wanting to defy the government.

Why should I, Francois Tremblay, listen to your stubbornness? Why should I believe you? You've got no foundation. You are blindly following something even I can disprove and bewilder!

The Earth is round. There are pictures from civilian satellites, unadulturated by governments, to prove it.
If you don't believe that, then you're left with only agreeing with people who agree with you. And when that happens, we get people who don't think.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 07:28:55 PM by Skyburn »