moon light

• 153 Replies
?

katmarie

• the moon is made of cheese
Re: moon light
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
Frederic Bastiat

The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern; every class is unfit to govern.
Lord John Dalberg-Acton
I'm saying that in a perfect world the government would take care of its citizens. But since we don't live in a perfect world the government doesn't always do that.

That's like saying that flesh-eating bacteria should make people smarter in a perfect world, but since this is not a perfect word it eats flesh sometimes too.
I fail to see the correlation. Whatever floats your boat, but keep it reletive to the topic at hand.
The original point of a government was to make decisions in the best interest of its people; to govern them. Hence the "govern" part of government.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2007, 05:11:09 PM »
"The original point of a government was to make decisions in the best interest of its people; to govern them. Hence the "govern" part of government."

Wow, you are thoroughly brainwashed.

How anyone can objectively look at the premises, functions and structure of government, and still say that it's in "the best interests" of its subjects, is beyond me.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

katmarie

« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
"The original point of a government was to make decisions in the best interest of its people; to govern them. Hence the "govern" part of government."

How anyone can objectively look at the premises, functions and structure of government, and still say that it's in "the best interests" of its subjects, is beyond me.
And you are thoroughly paranoid/skeptical
You notice I did say "original"
It's not only humans that have leaders. Animal groups usually have leaders of some sort, it's natural. That animal takes care of its followers. We have that in a larger version
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »

It's not only humans that have leaders. Animal groups usually have leaders of some sort, it's natural. That animal takes care of its followers. We have that in a larger version

I am not paranoid or skeptical. Just a realist who looks at the morality of people's actions, as well as the history of government. I don't just put my fingers in my ears and chant.

Murder is murder. Theft is theft. Extortion is extortion. It doesn't matter how you try to justify it to yourself.

I have never seen any government in other species. If you do, please submit a scientific paper on it and it will be revolutionary.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:42:20 PM by Franc T., Planar »

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Christopher Columbo

• Mad l33t 80's show detective and famous explorer!
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2007, 06:03:30 PM »
I have never seen any government in other species. If you do, please submit a scientific paper on it and it will be revolutionary.

So then I take it you speak animal? I mean thats the only way to know that they dont have a government...  So when did you learn to speak it?  Can you teach me?  Why wasn't this in the papers?
sailed the earth all around it  even the round part and all with my trusty detective cloak

Quote from: unionjack
Holy shit its christopher columbo.
Quote from: Who and What?
COLUMBO IS THE SHIZNITTTTTT!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOL

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »
Get outta this board, sociopath.

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »
Get outta this board, sociopath.

In your imortal words...  "reported"
sailed the earth all around it  even the round part and all with my trusty detective cloak

?

Norbert

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2007, 08:23:35 AM »
Try it for yourself and test the cold light and warm light (TEST) Stand naked in the Sunlight eg "warm light" and you can feel the light is warm before you get arrested that is. Then when released stand Naked in the Moonlight a full moon is best and you will feel very cold eg "Cold Light" Then you get arrested again and a chance to warm up in a nice warm cell. Tell the judge you are a flat earther conducting an experiment er Test on Cold and Warm light. Let us know how you get on Regards a flat earther   

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2007, 08:41:04 AM »
that won't work.

a)he won't do it, he's a coward
b)He'll just say "see? The Government censors people's views!! >:( >:("
c)He'll consider you a troll.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
Try it for yourself and test the cold light and warm light (TEST) Stand naked in the Sunlight eg "warm light" and you can feel the light is warm before you get arrested that is. Then when released stand Naked in the Moonlight a full moon is best and you will feel very cold eg "Cold Light" Then you get arrested again and a chance to warm up in a nice warm cell. Tell the judge you are a flat earther conducting an experiment er Test on Cold and Warm light. Let us know how you get on Regards a flat earther   

Cold light? What the hell are you talking about, troll?

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2007, 01:18:35 PM »
And the answer was C! He'll consider you a troll.

The prize? Well, it's a very special prize....find out what it is, after the break!
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

katmarie

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »

I am not paranoid or skeptical. Just a realist who looks at the morality of people's actions, as well as the history of government. I don't just put my fingers in my ears and chant.

Murder is murder. Theft is theft. Extortion is extortion. It doesn't matter how you try to justify it to yourself.

Most groups of animals have some sort of chain of command. Maybe not that per se, but they usually have a leader.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »

Most groups of animals have some sort of chain of command. Maybe not that per se, but they usually have a leader.

Any system can have a leader, that does not make it a government.

?

katmarie

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »

A dictatorship is still a type of government is it not?
i point and laugh at you

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »
most effective kind as well
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:18 PM »

A dictatorship has to be a government. Therefore a non-governmental structure cannot be a dictatorship.

?

katmarie

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2007, 06:32:33 PM »

A dictatorship has to be a government. Therefore a non-governmental structure cannot be a dictatorship.
...Thus animals have governments, however different from our own.
i point and laugh at you

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »
It would be a bit easier if you just looked up government in the dictionary then you both woulnd't have to argue over it's definition.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

No they don't you illogical baboon.

NO GOVERNMENT, NO DICTATORSHIP!

?

katmarie

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2007, 06:58:28 PM »
It would be a bit easier if you just looked up government in the dictionary then you both woulnd't have to argue over it's definition.
I would, but then he'd probably say they're apart of the conspiracy or something. Or that they're brainwashed.
i point and laugh at you

?

katmarie

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2007, 07:00:15 PM »

:o Well that is indeed a first. I've never been referred to as a baboon. Thank you, that's put a smile on my face.

Anywho, they have a leader. The group does what he/she says. Sounds like a dictator to me.
i point and laugh at you

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
I once played an awesome computer game called Star Control 2. In the game, there was a race of aliens called the Spathi; they were basically space cowards. In fact, their entire society was devoted to repelling the "ULTIMATE EVIL!!!!!!" (their words). They never truly had contact with them, but their theory was that because they could not detect them, that meant they lie just outside the range of their most sensitive detectors, which was then proof of the "ULTIMATE EVIL!!!!!!"'s nefarious intent. I feel like Francis's argument is basically that, an argument that is a fallacy by every definition.

First off, all tenets of the Flat Earth Society are conjectures, suggestions and best-fits. By definition of the word proof, there is none. If you did have proof of a worldwide conspiracy, you'd probably be dead. Contrariwise, if any of the things you describe are actual circumstances in this world, you would also be dead.

If this conspiracy is as far-reaching and all-encompassing as you describe, that means the people in charge are going to great lengths to preserve the round earth dogma. Because of that, don't you think they'd be quick to snatch up heretics like you and put them to death or something? Especially because you espouse your views on a readily-accessible public forum of an unrestricted website?

Or maybe the earth IS actually flat, but because the Flat Earthers seem incapable of understanding the term "proof", the governments figure that a bunch of dopes like Francois will make no difference, because they don't have the capacity to create convincing arguments or conjectures.

I eagerly await your response, Francerty.
I wish my lawn was emo so it'd cut itself.

narcberry's token douchebag score: 4

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2007, 07:42:36 PM »

:o Well that is indeed a first. I've never been referred to as a baboon. Thank you, that's put a smile on my face.

Anywho, they have a leader. The group does what he/she says. Sounds like a dictator to me.

I tell a friend what to do and he does it. Does that make me a government? Baboon.

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »
Stop dodging the point, Francerty.

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
Stop dodging the point, Francerty.

He's done that to me everytime I shoot him down.  Don't feel bad though after a while you relize as you make the post its just one of those dodge questions and start not caring.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2007, 11:53:11 PM »
Do not be so arrogant as to believe that you can "shoot me down."

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
Do not be so arrogant as to believe that you can "shoot me down."

Then anwser my original post here AND ramens instead of trying to change the subject.

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2007, 05:00:02 AM »
He won't, mostly because he can't. Honestly, I don't care what any FE'er says, there is FAR more readily-available proof describing a round earth than a flat one. It's just very convenient to FE'ers that all that proof is rendered moot by that pesky world conspiracy. And that's why they will never accept your point, because they are the worst cases of paranioa I have ever experienced. It's kinda sad, really.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2007, 05:03:16 AM »
Sad but funny as hell
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2007, 05:04:49 AM »
A bit like you Gaybod