?

katmarie

• the moon is made of cheese
Re: moon light
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2007, 06:08:48 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

This was discussed in another thread. The most likely substance is feta.

The sunS are made of hydrogen and helium.
What other suns? And in regard to your other post, there is such thing as typos m'dear.

There are seven small suns above our local area, not one big Sun.
Then why do I see only one?

Because there is only one sun visible from any given point on the surface of our local area. Other areas can have more than one visible, or none. It's very variable and depends on the local geometry.
Where can you see two suns? One would think that news would get around.

Only in other lands, not in this local area. Nowhere in the seven continents can you see two suns.

Then how do you know there are multiple suns?

Because frmo a high altitude you can see all those suns.

Whoah whoah whoah.  High altitute where?  In our "local area"?  Where we are the only ones who can't see more than one sun?

We do see more than one sun- just one at a time. But if you go high enough, you can see the Earth Pockets and you may see other suns.
And you've seen this have you?/People have seen this?

Technically, only people who have gone in orbit. But many people have observed the Earth Pockets and seen suns rise from them, yes. Those who were too close to the edge of an Earth Pocket have the first degree burns to prove it.
So, astronaughts and scientists. Aren't they in on the conspiracy?

Some of them are, yes. Most are just too deluded or brainwashed to claim anything BUT the orthodoxy.

Just to give an example of this, theologian William Lane Craig (one of the most well-known of our time) has publically stated that even if he came back in time and saw that Jesus never came out of the tomb, he would still believe in the divinity of Jesus.

True Believers are so brainwashed that no amount of empirical evidence can change their minds.
That's not exactly a good example. For Craig it was a matter of spiritual life or death, and he didn't want to take the chance. Whereas astronaughts and scientists really have nothing to gain or lose from lying.

Their faith, their jobs, their reputations, their lives. Just like Craig.
Ok since they keep their mouths shut about all this, how can you prove anything?

I get my information from exterior sources.
How do you know they aren't fakes? There's a lot of people out there making up stuff that sounds believable. (not like this is)

I suppose it's possible for ALL of them to be feeding us false information. But why would they do it? Unlike people who live here, they have no incentive to lie.
You could say the same thing about the government. Why should every government try to cover up the fact that the world is flat? What would they have to gain? It would be a huge drain on resources, so why bother in the first place? Also, where would they even get the notion that the world is round? If the Earth was truly flat we wouldn't even have the concept of a round world, it wouldn't make sense.

I already explained that on other threads. The governments of the world have two incentives in maintaining the lie:
1. To maintain peace between itself and neighbouring lands. Prevent invasion.
2. To gain billions of dollars from trading technologies with other lands, in secret.
I haven't been here that long, and since I have a life I don't visit all the threads.
1) How would lying about the shape of the Earth keep peace?
2) I don't think trade would make up for the obscene amount of money spent on fake information each government would have to make up.

1. Because it prevents people from emigrating, and thus causing interplanar disputes.
2. It does, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. But they also get the added benefit of not being crushed to cinders. The first people who would be killed in a takeover of this local area would be the governments of the world.
1) Nothing can stop people from emigrating. It happens, it's a fact of life.
2) They obviously aren't because if every country was getting a lot of money to cover expenses then why are most countries poor? And where the hell does all the money come from anyways? And those last two sentences made no sense whatsoever.

1. Not if they don't believe there is any place to GO TO.
2. I don't think "every country" is financed by the FE conspiracy. For one thing, right now the RE belief system is already firmly implanted in many parts of the local area. And who cares if some dopes in Africa don't believe the Earth is round? It's not like they have the money to go to the Ice Wall.

1) You mean emigrate to the otehr side of the ice wall?
2)There are rich people in Africa, believe it or not.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

What other suns? And in regard to your other post, there is such thing as typos m'dear.

Because there is only one sun visible from any given point on the surface of our local area. Other areas can have more than one visible, or none. It's very variable and depends on the local geometry.

Only in other lands, not in this local area. Nowhere in the seven continents can you see two suns.

Whoah whoah whoah.  High altitute where?  In our "local area"?  Where we are the only ones who can't see more than one sun?

We do see more than one sun- just one at a time. But if you go high enough, you can see the Earth Pockets and you may see other suns.

Technically, only people who have gone in orbit. But many people have observed the Earth Pockets and seen suns rise from them, yes. Those who were too close to the edge of an Earth Pocket have the first degree burns to prove it.

Some of them are, yes. Most are just too deluded or brainwashed to claim anything BUT the orthodoxy.

Just to give an example of this, theologian William Lane Craig (one of the most well-known of our time) has publically stated that even if he came back in time and saw that Jesus never came out of the tomb, he would still believe in the divinity of Jesus.

True Believers are so brainwashed that no amount of empirical evidence can change their minds.
That's not exactly a good example. For Craig it was a matter of spiritual life or death, and he didn't want to take the chance. Whereas astronaughts and scientists really have nothing to gain or lose from lying.

Ok since they keep their mouths shut about all this, how can you prove anything?

How do you know they aren't fakes? There's a lot of people out there making up stuff that sounds believable. (not like this is)

I suppose it's possible for ALL of them to be feeding us false information. But why would they do it? Unlike people who live here, they have no incentive to lie.
You could say the same thing about the government. Why should every government try to cover up the fact that the world is flat? What would they have to gain? It would be a huge drain on resources, so why bother in the first place? Also, where would they even get the notion that the world is round? If the Earth was truly flat we wouldn't even have the concept of a round world, it wouldn't make sense.

I already explained that on other threads. The governments of the world have two incentives in maintaining the lie:
2. To gain billions of dollars from trading technologies with other lands, in secret.
I haven't been here that long, and since I have a life I don't visit all the threads.
2) I don't think trade would make up for the obscene amount of money spent on fake information each government would have to make up.

1. Because it prevents people from emigrating, and thus causing interplanar disputes.
2. It does, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. But they also get the added benefit of not being crushed to cinders. The first people who would be killed in a takeover of this local area would be the governments of the world.
2) They obviously aren't because if every country was getting a lot of money to cover expenses then why are most countries poor? And where the hell does all the money come from anyways? And those last two sentences made no sense whatsoever.

2. I don't think "every country" is financed by the FE conspiracy. For one thing, right now the RE belief system is already firmly implanted in many parts of the local area. And who cares if some dopes in Africa don't believe the Earth is round? It's not like they have the money to go to the Ice Wall.

1. Correct.
2. I am being glib, but I think you get my meaning. Once strong belief in the Round Earthist religion is established, it takes much less resources to maintain it.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

Christopher Columbo

• Mad l33t 80's show detective and famous explorer!
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »
Alright  I hate to break into this awesome (not) debate, but Franc I can't you continue to make a fool of yourself....  Even if I get a laugh out of it.  Lemme start by giving you a tip before tearing apart your points and I'll go slow so you understand.

Flat.... Earthers.....Use.....The.......Same......Story.....Unless.......Their.......Tom.........Bishop.

You.....Are......Not........Tom........Bishop.

Now then, with that out of the way. I'd like to bring up your earlier statement that the sun is farther away then the moon.  See the FE FAQ claims their the same distance away, here lemme get a quote.

"Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator, located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall.Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light," the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions."

Hmmm seems like your fellow FE'ers seem to have figured this out and either not informed you or you've just ignored it like they ignore our intelligent questions. But lets just say for a minute your right. It WOULD require something close to the picture posted earlier AND magentos (who was in the picture) help which I notice you've failed to say he's not involved at all...

And not only are there 7 suns but there made of feta?  Come on man, my cat can think of better stuff and hes an animal. The suns are made of hydrogen and perform a thing called Fusion with it which creates helium. Look it up. And also look up how we're trying to attempt fusion. Still don't believe it? Well, hey heres a thought. Go try it and let us know how it goes, we'll be waiting.

Now anyways 7 suns, you relize how hot that would make our planet right?  And god knows what they'd do to the ice wall... Not to mention that unless you have 6 of those "dark spots" or what ever was the rage back in febuary to explain the moons cycles, that it's impossible to hide them.  Now if you meant 6 stars and the sun I'd be quick to point out theres far more then 6 stars in the sky AND I can see them from where I am.

By the way, before you try to point out the sun isnt a star I'm going to bring up how super novas and created from stars which perform Fusion, which is what our sun does and they both make like and heat!

Oh and your new thing about emigration...  you do know theres nothing behind the Ice wall except space right? Least according to other Fe'ers.
sailed the earth all around it  even the round part and all with my trusty detective cloak

Quote from: unionjack
Holy shit its christopher columbo.
Quote from: Who and What?
COLUMBO IS THE SHIZNITTTTTT!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOL

?

katmarie

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.
2. I am being glib, but I think you get my meaning. Once strong belief in the Round Earthist religion is established, it takes much less resources to maintain it.
1) How do you/anyone know if there's anything beyond the ice wall? And if there is, why is there an ice wall in the first place?
2) What's "glib"? And that's a load of shit. There's a lot of research being done all the time, if it was all fake why wouldn't the government just stop space exploration etc? Lots of people want it to stop anyways because it's a drain on resources.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2007, 06:20:13 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.
1) How do you/anyone know if there's anything beyond the ice wall? And if there is, why is there an ice wall in the first place?
2) What's "glib"? And that's a load of shit. There's a lot of research being done all the time, if it was all fake why wouldn't the government just stop space exploration etc? Lots of people want it to stop anyways because it's a drain on resources.

1. Because of testimonies from explorers from foreign lands. Why is there an Ice Wall? Beats me. Why does the Himalayas exist?
2. Why does the government do anything that is a waste of money? Because they get to control people's resources and freedoms. NASA is just one of a long list of reasons to keep taxes high and keep control over the stratosphere.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

katmarie

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2007, 06:20:27 PM »
Alright  I hate to break into this awesome (not) debate, but Franc I can't you continue to make a fool of yourself....  Even if I get a laugh out of it.  Lemme start by giving you a tip before tearing apart your points and I'll go slow so you understand.

Flat.... Earthers.....Use.....The.......Same......Story.....Unless.......Their.......Tom.........Bishop.

You.....Are......Not........Tom........Bishop.

Now then, with that out of the way. I'd like to bring up your earlier statement that the sun is farther away then the moon.  See the FE FAQ claims their the same distance away, here lemme get a quote.

"Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator, located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall.Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light," the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions."

Hmmm seems like your fellow FE'ers seem to have figured this out and either not informed you or you've just ignored it like they ignore our intelligent questions. But lets just say for a minute your right. It WOULD require something close to the picture posted earlier AND magentos (who was in the picture) help which I notice you've failed to say he's not involved at all...

And not only are there 7 suns but there made of feta?  Come on man, my cat can think of better stuff and hes an animal. The suns are made of hydrogen and perform a thing called Fusion with it which creates helium. Look it up. And also look up how we're trying to attempt fusion. Still don't believe it? Well, hey heres a thought. Go try it and let us know how it goes, we'll be waiting.

Now anyways 7 suns, you relize how hot that would make our planet right?  And god knows what they'd do to the ice wall... Not to mention that unless you have 6 of those "dark spots" or what ever was the rage back in febuary to explain the moons cycles, that it's impossible to hide them.  Now if you meant 6 stars and the sun I'd be quick to point out theres far more then 6 stars in the sky AND I can see them from where I am.

By the way, before you try to point out the sun isnt a star I'm going to bring up how super novas and created from stars which perform Fusion, which is what our sun does and they both make like and heat!

Oh and your new thing about emigration...  you do know theres nothing behind the Ice wall except space right? Least according to other Fe'ers.
Franc, isn't your typical fe'er... And according to him they're small suns... How he knows they exist is beyond me.
i point and laugh at you

?

katmarie

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

1. Because of testimonies from explorers from foreign lands. Why is there an Ice Wall? Beats me. Why does the Himalayas exist?
2. Why does the government do anything that is a waste of money? Because they get to control people's resources and freedoms. NASA is just one of a long list of reasons to keep taxes high and keep control over the stratosphere.

1) *cough* bullshit. And the Himalayas exist because of the tectonic plates folding/ whatever is happening with those plates. Ice on the other hand has nothing to do with plates.
2) They could do that other ways. And what could they do with those millions that supposedly goes to space explorataion that wouldn't look suspicious?
i point and laugh at you

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2007, 06:24:02 PM »
Franc, isn't your typical fe'er... And according to him they're small suns... How he knows they exist is beyond me.

This true....  With his current statements I'm tempted to dub him Tom Bishop Jr.
sailed the earth all around it  even the round part and all with my trusty detective cloak

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2007, 06:24:51 PM »
Since Mr. Bishop is the most admirable FEer on this board, I would be honoured to be called his kin.

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2007, 06:29:04 PM »
Since Mr. Bishop is the most admirable FEer on this board, I would be honoured to be called his kin.

There there...  We'll get social services on the phone to take you away from that family.  In the mean time  please don't ignore my post. I know you have a level 0 evasion skill.

?

katmarie

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
I do believe I've won. Unless Franc is taking unsually long to reply to my post.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2007, 06:34:53 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

1) *cough* bullshit. And the Himalayas exist because of the tectonic plates folding/ whatever is happening with those plates. Ice on the other hand has nothing to do with plates.
2) They could do that other ways. And what could they do with those millions that supposedly goes to space explorataion that wouldn't look suspicious?

1. Don't you cough no bullshit at me. Why does Antarctica exist, according to RE theory?
2. They do send things in orbit, but with the goal of deploying space weapons to use against foreign lands and their own citizens.

?

Christopher Columbo

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
1. Don't you cough no bullshit at me. Why does Antarctica exist, according to RE theory?
2. They do send things in orbit, but with the goal of deploying space weapons to use against foreign lands and their own citizens.

Ok kid. Time to shut you down for good. AND I'll use a FE'er thread to do it. 

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=5829.0

Yep. Thats right, his last picture proves theres nothing behind the ice wall. While you're at it read his WHOLE post.

?

katmarie

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2007, 06:52:11 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

1) Tis a dreadful habit that I cannot resist, at least in your case...And as to Antartica it exists because it's at a higher elevation than the earth around it. I don't know the exact events that led to its creation. I know how Canada was formed....but that's beside the point.
2) Orbit??
or·bit
–noun
1.   the curved path, usually elliptical, described by a planet, satellite, spaceship, etc., around a celestial body, as the sun.
How can you circle something that according to you is flat and it has no end??
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

1) Tis a dreadful habit that I cannot resist, at least in your case...And as to Antartica it exists because it's at a higher elevation than the earth around it. I don't know the exact events that led to its creation. I know how Canada was formed....but that's beside the point.
2) Orbit??
or·bit
–noun
1.   the curved path, usually elliptical, described by a planet, satellite, spaceship, etc., around a celestial body, as the sun.

1. So neither of us has the answer. We're even.
2. By circling above.

?

katmarie

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

2) Orbit??
or·bit
–noun

2. By circling above.
1) I learned it last year. I'd rather not look through all my notes. If memory serves, Antartica Broke off of Pangea and Pangea was made by the folding and sudduction of different plates.
2) Didn't you say the conspiracy kept peace, why would people need space weapons?
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

2) Orbit??
or·bit
–noun

2. By circling above.
1) I learned it last year. I'd rather not look through all my notes. If memory serves, Antartica Broke off of Pangea and Pangea was made by the folding and sudduction of different plates.
2) Didn't you say the conspiracy kept peace, why would people need space weapons?

When have you ever known any government which was dedicated to peace? By its very nature, government is predatory and needs war in order to keep expanding. The bigger the war, the better.

?

katmarie

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »
so it reflects sunlight?

Yes.
What's the sun made of?

1. Correct.

2) Orbit??
or·bit
–noun

2. By circling above.

When have you ever known any government which was dedicated to peace? By its very nature, government is predatory and needs war in order to keep expanding. The bigger the war, the better.
The government is just there to take care of its citizens. And, wasn't the trade of "special technologies" or whatever it was you said supposed to keep countries from having wars...Which doesn't seem to work too well.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »
The government is just there to take care of its citizens.

?

katmarie

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »
Ok, the government is "supposed" to take care of its citizens. That's what their main purpose is. Whether they do as they should is a different matter.
i point and laugh at you

?

katmarie

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »
Right, well I have to go. I'll get back to you later.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2007, 07:35:09 PM »
Ok, the government is "supposed" to take care of its citizens.

Yeaaa right. According to who? The government?

I'm supposed to take care of you, so I'm going to monopolize all the markets, take away all the infrastructure, and give them back to you if you agree to my rules. Now give me half your income or I'll kidnap you.

« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2007, 06:15:58 AM »

I'm supposed to take care of you, so I'm going to monopolize all the markets, take away all the infrastructure, and give them back to you if you agree to my rules. Now give me half your income or I'll kidnap you.

According to our democratic rule.

?

katmarie

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »

Someone's a tad moody today. And the government (any) was set up to take care of its people. They take money from them and give it back in the form of healthcare, education etc. But then absolute power corrupts absolutely. So, they don't do that all the time.
i point and laugh at you

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Very true, and there will always be gov'ts that abuse their power - Robert Mugabe for example.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
...I'm sorry what? Last tim i looked at the sky there's only one sun. What's forces the sun and moon to circle the planet...er I don't know how to phrase that.

Have you considered that the sun and moon may be stationary and the earth rotates beneath them?

And an insanly thin atmosphere magicly pushes a sun around at 3000 miles above earth. 

My earlier calculations shown a 4000 mile distance.
Quote from: Raist
One thing we have learned is don't fuck around in Africa. It leads to bad.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2007, 01:57:31 PM »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
Frederic Bastiat

The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern; every class is unfit to govern.
Lord John Dalberg-Acton

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »
wasn't he in the House of Commons?
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

?

katmarie

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
Frederic Bastiat

The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern; every class is unfit to govern.
Lord John Dalberg-Acton
I'm saying that in a perfect world the government would take care of its citizens. But since we don't live in a perfect world the government doesn't always do that.
i point and laugh at you

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »
Frederic Bastiat

Lord John Dalberg-Acton
I'm saying that in a perfect world the government would take care of its citizens. But since we don't live in a perfect world the government doesn't always do that.

That's like saying that flesh-eating bacteria should make people smarter in a perfect world, but since this is not a perfect word it eats flesh sometimes too.