Stars and constellations

• 18 Replies

Matrixfart

• The earth is as flat as a marble. Oh wait...
Stars and constellations
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
We all know that in the southern hemisphere you have constellations which rotate about a point in the hight sky. In the north you have the same, though they rotate around the polar star.
You cannot see the polar star from the southern hemisphere, and there are different constellations depending on where you are in the world.
In addition, the night sky rotates counter-clockwise int he northern hemisphere and clockwise int he southern hemisphere.

How does FE explain this discrepancy?
Why hold on to a fanatical belief when facts laughs at you?

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
Re: Stars and constellations
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 06:52:44 PM »
I asked it.  They said you couldn't see the stars down south because they are to far away.  So the light travels 1000 light years, but then cant travel another 29,000 miles. 

So in other words they don't know so they make up something and never come back to the thread.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Matrixfart

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »
I am nevertheless asking to hear from their fingers what they have to say on the matter.
Especially the opposite rotation of the night sky in the two hemispheres.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »
Good question, I await the reply.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »
I asked it.  They said you couldn't see the stars down south because they are to far away.  So the light travels 1000 light years, but then cant travel another 29,000 miles. 

So in other words they don't know so they make up something and never come back to the thread.
Really?  There explanation is that they just can't see the stars?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »

Those last tens of thousands of miles has the combined atmospheric thickness of a four foot thick wall of steel.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

Those last tens of thousands of miles has the combined atmospheric thickness of a four foot thick wall of steel.
So every person in the 'southern hemisphere' is lying when they say that they can see stars?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »
So every person in the 'southern hemisphere' is lying when they say that they can see stars?

People in the Southern Hemidisk can see Southern Hemidisk stars, but they cannot see Northern Hemidisk stars.

Remember, the atmosphere extends vertically for a mere 100 miles. At the horizon the atmosphere extends for tens of thousands of miles.

Matrixfart

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »

People in the Southern Hemidisk can see Southern Hemidisk stars, but they cannot see Northern Hemidisk stars.

Remember, the atmosphere extends vertically for a mere 100 miles. At the horizon the atmosphere extends for tens of thousands of miles.
The atmosphere is a clear gas however, and without the disturbance of the sun one can see stars near the horizon at night through, allegedly, thousands of miles of atmosphere.
As you travel south you will see the constellations of the north disappear below the northern horizon and the constellations of the south will rise from the southern horizon. At the equator the stars move from east to west as the sun does, in the north you can observer that they rotate counter-clockwise about the polar star, and in the south you can observe it rotates clockwise around a point in the night sky. This would not be possible were the earth not a sphere.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »

The atmosphere is a clear gas however, and without the disturbance of the sun one can see stars near the horizon at night through, allegedly, thousands of miles of atmosphere.
As you travel south you will see the constellations of the north disappear below the northern horizon and the constellations of the south will rise from the southern horizon. At the equator the stars move from east to west as the sun does, in the north you can observer that they rotate counter-clockwise about the polar star, and in the south you can observe it rotates clockwise around a point in the night sky. This would not be possible were the earth not a sphere.

A dagger in the FE theory.

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 01:18:45 AM »
I shall be back to see if anyone has answered this tomorrow. I doubt it. They'll probably just ignore it and never admit that this proves them wrong and continue to debate blindly in the other threads.
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 07:32:16 AM »

Can anyone answer this?

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »

So nobody is going to answer this?

Matrixfart

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
Come on Tom and Engineer. Answer, point me to an answer, or tell me if there is no answer yet.

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Matrixfart, do you honestly believe anybody thinks the earth is flat?

Matrixfart

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »
Yes I do. Maybe not anyone on this forum, but I am sure that there are those who believe it. Most likely they live in the middle of nowhere and have no education, or they are religious fanatics who take the bible or equivalent religious text literally.

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »
Yes I do. Maybe not anyone on this forum, but I am sure that there are those who believe it. Most likely they live in the middle of nowhere and have no education, or they are religious fanatics who take the bible or equivalent religious text literally.

La ti and dah. Do you believe anybody on this forum thinks the earth is flat?

In other words, who are you trying to convince?

Matrixfart

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »

La ti and dah. Do you believe anybody on this forum thinks the earth is flat?

In other words, who are you trying to convince?
I am not sure. I fail to see how they could, but I am not all-knowing, and can thus not understand the logic of others. That and I love a good discussion, especially if I am right. :D

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:47:30 PM »
Well it does look like nobody can answer.

Oh well I have doubted for a while that they don't actually think it is flat. Though if they want to debate as though it is I will point out the stupidity of their ways.
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.