Poll

Which subject do you understand the least about Flat Earth Theory?

The Conspiracy
4 (17.4%)
Sinking Ship Effect
4 (17.4%)
Cause of Tides
1 (4.3%)
Sunrise/Sunset Illusion
2 (8.7%)
The Universal Accelerator
1 (4.3%)
Mechanism which keeps the Atmosphere in
4 (17.4%)
Discrepancy in Distances
3 (13%)
Declination of the Pole Star
0 (0%)
Why we cannot see China from California
0 (0%)
Navigation of the Flat Earth
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Which subject do you understand the least about Flat Earth Theory?

• 20 Replies
?

Tom Bishop

Over one hundred years ago Samuel Birley Robotham demonstrated that the world was unquestionably flat. Robotham championd the realm of science, making many predictions which still hold true today. Since then many books have been published in support of Robotham's work, confirming his experiments and giving further evidence for the flatness of the world. None have surpassed the originality and genius of Earth Not a Globe, however.

In the coming days I hope to write paper or two on one of the most commonly brought up questions. Understandably, Robotham hailed from the Victorian era. Although Robotham accurately describes all discrepancies in Earth Not a Globe, his Queen's English may be a little antiquated by modern standards.

I will attempt to fully and accurately rephrase and reword the explanations for the least understood subject with complete descriptions and mathematical proofs. I will also provide illustrations to help the layman better visualize the subject matter. My descriptions will be thorough, answering all particularities.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:03:36 PM by Tom Bishop »

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
Re: Which subject do you understand the least about Flat Earth Theory?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:01:31 PM »
You're screwed if you get an equal number of votes for each topic. :)
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »
I don't really understand much  :(

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

unclegravy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:29:43 PM »
Yeah, too bad you can't vote twice, or three times...
Or four.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:16:46 AM »
The Conspiracy has the most holes in it than anything else.  For example, if I knew the earth was flat, unless I was worried about the conspiracy offing me, I'd go to a large press source that could offer me more money than the people who are paying me off.  Or, if the government was in the dark, I would go to them with the necessary evidence proving that the conspiracy is real, and that the world is actually flat.  The amount of money to be gained by switching sides would easily outweigh anything that could be paid by staying silent, if it were true.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:39:01 AM »
I'll vote for the conspiracy, but the thing I get the least is the ice wall...
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 02:41:02 AM »
there's a lot of unanswered shit from FEers .. i dont even think i need to say more lol
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Matrixfart

• The earth is as flat as a marble. Oh wait...
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 05:37:57 AM »
Probably the discrepancy in distances, which I am willing to bet my shoes on that they cannot satisfactorily explain. :D
Why hold on to a fanatical belief when facts laughs at you?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »
I dont understand any of it
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »
ok, if the experiments were completely impossible to go against, this would be known around he world. hm.......funny, last time i checked, most people have not even heard of Rowbotham.....so if the FE argument were true, everyone would know the guy, the calculations, and then arguing about it would be pointless....exept, youd probably then set up the round earth society, just for the hell of it.
  my point is, you always direct us to the same book, and you know that this is not completely sound.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:43:31 AM »
Over one hundred years ago Samuel Birley Robotham demonstrated that the world was unquestionably flat.

All credibility ends there

?

Marinade

• FE is for laughing at... not with.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:47:13 AM »
Over one hundred years ago Samuel Birley Robotham

Was he your Grandfather? Is that why you are so adamant about his retarded theories? It obviously has nothing to do with logic, an understanding of physics or math.
Haha Tom is so funny. He can't be serious, no one is that stubborn or dumb.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »
exactly, its not sound

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
I vote other.  I don’t understand how a 150 year old book can disprove experiments that can be done today, and how it disproves thing which spawn from new technology that they didn’t have 150 years ago.  To go even further I don’t know how it disproves things when the said things action still happens.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »
Why don't you just accept that the world is flat? I mean how hard can it be to understand that NASA have built huge computers and made pictures of the Earth being flat, and not realised that they could get more money by selling the computers to the general public? 

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »
Yeah, too bad you can't vote twice, or three times...
Or four.

Yeah, I had a hard time choosing... If the shadow object was up there I wouldnt've known what to do, but other than that the creation of a completely new force with unlimited properties is the most ludicrous.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 02:39:26 PM »
I don't think understanding is the is the problem these issues...

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 02:42:44 PM »
Probably the discrepancy in distances, which I am willing to bet my shoes on that they cannot satisfactorily explain. :D

distance would be shorter on a round earth

Matrixfart

• The earth is as flat as a marble. Oh wait...
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »

distance would be shorter on a round earth

Near the south, not the north.
Why hold on to a fanatical belief when facts laughs at you?

unclegravy

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 04:02:32 PM »
No, distances near the north would get shorter, and distances near the south would get longer.
Something like that.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 04:23:22 PM »
i like to request the sinking ship effect please elaborate that and also in correspond with theory of relativity and quantum mechanics
If black holes exist, what's in them?!?!?!?!
Black!!!!!.....that's what's in 'em, you dimwit! A "Black Hole" is obviously full of black. Duh!?!?!?!?!