The good ol' ship disappearing over the horizon question.

• 123 Replies

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
Re: The good ol' ship disappearing over the horizon question.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »
Nope... this is just an illusion created by your belief.
I did not have any presupposition to this when I observed it.

Impossible. We have ALL been brainwashed into Round Earth belief, unless you live in a shack in the middle of the tundra.
My observations are hardy affected by what I have learned in school. I will not see a ship disappear over the horizon simply because I believe the earth to be a spheroid.

You will WANT to see that, and you will INTERPRET it like that.

A Christian believes he sees Jesus in a wood panel: an atheist just sees a wood panel.

If I want to I could see Jesus there too, I might just not notice it at first. Something as glaring as a ship disappearing, seeing it clearly through a telescope, has nothing to do with preconceptions.

If you want to, you can also see the ship disappearing uniformly, you just refuse to falsify your beliefs.
Refusing to see what is there and falling back on your brainwashed belief system has EVERYTHING to do with preconceptions.
I am not refusing to see what is there. You are. Have you actually tested this experiment? I have no belief, I observe and know from fact. You are the one who has faith in an outdated and religiously based belief.

Methinks the religious believer protests too much.

I have lived near a big river all my life, and I have seen plenty of ships going away. I have never seen any "horizon" or "ship disappearing from the bottom up."
Yes the religious believer protests to much. You need to stop it. Unless you can disprove scientific fact with your own recorded observations and prove them you have no credibility.

Prove what? That I have never seen a horizon? Are YOU gonna prove that you saw a horizon? How would you even do that? It's a personal perception and interpretation either way.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Matrixfart

• The earth is as flat as a marble. Oh wait...
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »

Impossible. We have ALL been brainwashed into Round Earth belief, unless you live in a shack in the middle of the tundra.
My observations are hardy affected by what I have learned in school. I will not see a ship disappear over the horizon simply because I believe the earth to be a spheroid.

A Christian believes he sees Jesus in a wood panel: an atheist just sees a wood panel.

If I want to I could see Jesus there too, I might just not notice it at first. Something as glaring as a ship disappearing, seeing it clearly through a telescope, has nothing to do with preconceptions.

If you want to, you can also see the ship disappearing uniformly, you just refuse to falsify your beliefs.
Refusing to see what is there and falling back on your brainwashed belief system has EVERYTHING to do with preconceptions.
I am not refusing to see what is there. You are. Have you actually tested this experiment? I have no belief, I observe and know from fact. You are the one who has faith in an outdated and religiously based belief.

I have lived near a big river all my life, and I have seen plenty of ships going away. I have never seen any "horizon" or "ship disappearing from the bottom up."
Yes the religious believer protests to much. You need to stop it. Unless you can disprove scientific fact with your own recorded observations and prove them you have no credibility.

Prove what? That I have never seen a horizon? Are YOU gonna prove that you saw a horizon? How would you even do that? It's a personal perception and interpretation either way.
I dunno. If I took a picture of the top of a lighthouse from a boat using some sort of magnifying telescope you would just claim it was doctored or I am part of "teh conspiracy".
If you observe it yourself however I am sure you would see it my way. Unless you are not really  FE'er and you are just here for the fun of it.
Why hold on to a fanatical belief when facts laughs at you?

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 07:15:55 PM »

I dunno. If I took a picture of the top of a lighthouse from a boat using some sort of magnifying telescope you would just claim it was doctored or I am part of "teh conspiracy".
If you observe it yourself however I am sure you would see it my way. Unless you are not really  FE'er and you are just here for the fun of it.

Fine, take a picture and I'll tell you my honest opinion about it.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Matrixfart

• The earth is as flat as a marble. Oh wait...
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »

Fine, take a picture and I'll tell you my honest opinion about it.
As soon as I find an opportunity to do so I will. Don't expect to hear from me anytime soon though.
Why hold on to a fanatical belief when facts laughs at you?

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 02:49:39 AM »
Did you not read his post? he told you not to refer him to a different document, i want to see you try and explain this!  I think fe'ers are a crazy cult and you know what there bible is? E: NAG and the FAQ of course.

having read some of the threads, I already agree on this one..

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 02:52:08 AM »
This discrepancy is fully described in Earth Not a Globe.

It does not describe why we see the sail first and later the whole body emerges out gradually... cud u try plz...

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »
This discrepancy is fully described in Earth Not a Globe.

It does not describe why we see the sail first and later the whole body emerges out gradually... cud u try plz...

This thread answers a lot a questions about the open mindedness of FE'ers.  That one guy saying he has never even seen a horizon?  LOL...Good Laugh thanks for posting.

As for your question, most FE'ers quote some sort of "Bendy Light" Theory.  Goldstein calls it "Wonko" light, I think that fits so much better.  Bendy light does play a large part in their theory though so I would try and learn about that.  It compensates for discrepancies in their measurements of the size and distance in the sun and moon; it explains sunsets and causes the sun to appear higher in the sky then it is; It explains why there is a horizon on a flat earth; it is a big fall back for a lot of unexplained FE theories.

Hope this helps.
The Earth is Round.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »
I find it hilarious that flat earthers refuse to simply go outside with a telescope (or cheap binoculars even) and see for themselves. I've spent over 22 years in the Navy and I assure you that what you see in this video (no fisheye here people) is what you get:

https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7nUFLLUahSI&h=ATOLNha15ftnxffPUX-tcwXEgPvc7Tdj58U5BkzIIdJ3QbM5JTZO6LZQs9Hb_10ZZziA04yFvzJM-nn3QFJPITNpK9buGF0qSp4883auBA6qfqYyRhBx2hp0nPaW_VR81YA&enc=AZOo4d4cOqROBj_6Q6_upump8ylG0GuRUBex-xkzlp3eZ_cqD7BVj2sfXP0tgRHfzvc&s=1

Furthermore, there are so many observations you can make with your own eyes that disprove flat earth theories, it's not even funny.

1) The sun goes around a stationary Earth, and it's small and very close, so it somehow has "localized" light.

This makes a lunar eclipse impossible. Period. When you see a person half a mile away, do they look small or big? As you get closer to them (or they get closer to you) they get BIGGER in your field of view, right? So... forget that the Sun ARCHES across the sky... why is it that the sun looks SMALLER at noon when it's overhead, and so huge at sunrise and sunset? Sorry folks, but This wouldn't happen on the flat earth model.

2) Gravity is just a "theory" and probably doesn't exist.
     ??? ??? ??? ??? So... you're telling me that A) The Earth is stationary while at the same time B) There is no proof of gravity... and... tides are caused HOW? BY WHAT?  There are a plethora of experiments that let you prove, detect, and MEASURE gravity. Everything you can see in space: YOU. NOT PICTURES. NOT VIDEOS. YOU. With whatever lens you feel like using (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, THE MOON) is a sphere. It HAS TO BE. Because of gravity. Gravity always pulls to the center of mass. The more mass, the more gravity. Sure, you can see rectangle-ish plant cells... but look deeper. To atoms and even pieces of atoms. Spherical. YOU can see this with an electron microscope. Long story short, If you can agree that the Earth is much bigger and has more mass than the moon (which has formed into a sphere... like any other moon and planet out there), then EVEN if you believed that some fairytale up in the sky created a flat Earth, gravity would have crushed and pulled it all together into a ball anyway.

Many more points to make and no time. Have to get back to work.

BadBuc99

• Earth is flat, sun is local, and you are created!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
I riddle you this FE'ers. How can a ship dip below the horizon if the earth is flat?

I have personally seen a ship go over the horizon with a telescope. It is quite fascinating to see the ship gradually sink lower and lower on the horizon till it disappears.

This is of course only one of the many holes in your theory, but I would still like to see what the believers in here have to say about it. Please to not direct me to your obscure and false FAQ or some other thread. Prove me wrong, or fail trying. 8)

Not only can ships that go over the horizon be brought back into view with a magnification device; the sun can be brought back into view as well. I have video proof of those two facts. The main confusion on this subject, is the lack of research done on the part of those who believe the NASA, SpaceX, ESA,  rhetoric, narrative.

If you need video proof, just go to Youtube, and type in BadBuc99, and my channel will pop up. 

?

frenat

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
I riddle you this FE'ers. How can a ship dip below the horizon if the earth is flat?

I have personally seen a ship go over the horizon with a telescope. It is quite fascinating to see the ship gradually sink lower and lower on the horizon till it disappears.

This is of course only one of the many holes in your theory, but I would still like to see what the believers in here have to say about it. Please to not direct me to your obscure and false FAQ or some other thread. Prove me wrong, or fail trying. 8)

Not only can ships that go over the horizon be brought back into view with a magnification device; the sun can be brought back into view as well. I have video proof of those two facts. The main confusion on this subject, is the lack of research done on the part of those who believe the NASA, SpaceX, ESA,  rhetoric, narrative.

If you need video proof, just go to Youtube, and type in BadBuc99, and my channel will pop up.
They can NOT be brought back with magnification.  Once part is over the horizon the only thing that will bring it back is an increase in elevation.  Your video "proof" only shows buildings that were below the resolution of the camera when zoomed out but were likely still visible to the naked eye.  The zoom makes no part of the buildings visible that wasn't visible before.

BadBuc99

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »

They can NOT be brought back with magnification.  Once part is over the horizon the only thing that will bring it back is an increase in elevation.  Your video "proof" only shows buildings that were below the resolution of the camera when zoomed out but were likely still visible to the naked eye.  The zoom makes no part of the buildings visible that wasn't visible before.

Your explanation was so illogical, that you make Bill Nye look like a genius!

What about this one?

Or this one -

You can deceive yourself all you want, but there's too much evidence that the earth is flat to deceive everyone.

?

frenat

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »

I'm sorry you think the truth is illogical.  I'm guessing none of these videos were filmed by you because if they had been then you could have seen that the magnification does not bring anything back.

What about this one?
good example of a boat disappearing from the bottom up and the magnification NOT bringing it back.

Or this one -
More boats that are below the resolution of the camera when zoomed out.  They would still be visible to the naked eye though.  Thanks for proving you've never been to a beach yourself though.

You can deceive yourself all you want, but there's too much evidence that the earth is flat to deceive everyone.
I'm deceiving noone.  I KNOW the earth is a globe.
I've worked with both radio and RADAR from both ground and air platforms.  For both the range increases only with an increase in altitude.  If the world was flat then just increasing power would increase the range.

I've stood on the beach at the Bay/Gulf county line in Mexico Beach, FL.  From that location you can look directly South and see the trees of Cape San Blas.  While looking from the water line though you can NOT see the waterline and beach of the Cape.  Binoculars and telescopes do NOT bring it into view; I checked.  This is on a day with completely calm water as that area regularly gets.  However, if you climb up the ~15 feet up to the road level you CAN see the beach and water line of Cape San Blas without any zoom at all.

BadBuc99

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Your explanation was so illogical, that you make Bill Nye look like a genius![/quote]

I'm sorry you think the truth is illogical.  I'm guessing none of these videos were filmed by you because if they had been then you could have seen that the magnification does not bring anything back.

I've worked with both radio and RADAR from both ground and air platforms.  For both the range increases only with an increase in altitude.  If the world was flat then just increasing power would increase the range.

I've stood on the beach at the Bay/Gulf county line in Mexico Beach, FL.  From that location you can look directly South and see the trees of Cape San Blas.  While looking from the water line though you can NOT see the waterline and beach of the Cape.  Binoculars and telescopes do NOT bring it into view; I checked.  This is on a day with completely calm water as that area regularly gets.  However, if you climb up the ~15 feet up to the road level you CAN see the beach and water line of Cape San Blas without any zoom at all.
[/quote]

If you don't believe the evidence presented, then why are you at a pro flat earth forum? Just to troll? Maybe paid to try and confuse those not as educated in the subject?

If an object is out of sight, meaning past the horizon, then it has been established by every globezombie out there that it is below the curvature of the earth. The fact that it can be brought back into view, proves there is no curvature!

https://twitter.com/BadBuc99/status/821757563943456770

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »

What about this one?

Or this one -

On the first video why the boat starts to look a bit strange at minute 11?
I mean it seems that the bottom part of boat is a reflection of the top. Even the red stripe starts to get thiner and ends up disappearing. There is some optical phenomenon that makes this effect.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:32:41 PM by Gumby »
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

?

frenat

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »

If you don't believe the evidence presented, then why are you at a pro flat earth forum? Just to troll? Maybe paid to try and confuse those not as educated in the subject?
The shill gambit already?  No comments on what I posted?  Typical.  For the record, I am not paid to post here nor anywhere else.

If an object is out of sight, meaning past the horizon, then it has been established by every globezombie out there that it is below the curvature of the earth. The fact that it can be brought back into view, proves there is no curvature!
Except it CAN'T be brought back with magnification.  I've tried it and it is apparent that you have not.

Magnification does NOT change where the horizon is.  Only a change in elevation will.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:44:05 PM by frenat »

BadBuc99

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »
Magnification does NOT change where the horizon is.  Only a change in elevation will.
[/quote]

for an average height person, the horizon will roughly be around 3.2 miles. Due to perspective, which is when an object will go past their ability to see an object. When magnification is used, the object comes back into view. This has been proven many times, by many different people. The fact that you can't make a magnification device work, does not prove other peoples work null and void. It does however prove your inability to use simple devices.   

?

frenat

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »

for an average height person, the horizon will roughly be around 3.2 miles. Due to perspective, which is when an object will go past their ability to see an object. When magnification is used, the object comes back into view. This has been proven many times, by many different people. The fact that you can't make a magnification device work, does not prove other peoples work null and void. It does however prove your inability to use simple devices.
It has not been proven.  Every video I've seen purporting to prove it shows only that an object is outside the resolution for the camera used when zoomed out.  That does NOT prove anything about the object being visible to the naked eye or the distance to the horizon.  Thank you for proving you've never tried it yourself however.

And if you're going to continue trying to edit quotes, then please learn how the tags work before trying it.  You've screwed it up each time.

BadBuc99

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »

It has not been proven.  Every video I've seen purporting to prove it shows only that an object is outside the resolution for the camera used when zoomed out.

That is utter nonsense! Your whole argument is based on you saying "is outside the resolution for the camera". You present no facts whatsoever...just personal conjecture!

?

frenat

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 02:10:32 PM »

It has not been proven.  Every video I've seen purporting to prove it shows only that an object is outside the resolution for the camera used when zoomed out.

That is utter nonsense! Your whole argument is based on you saying "is outside the resolution for the camera". You present no facts whatsoever...just personal conjecture!
You can watch as it zooms and see that the amount hidden DOES NOT CHANGE.  If the zooming were what is making it visible then it should change as the amount of zoom changes.  It does not.  There is nothing to indicate that the boats are not visible to the naked eye.
I have personally seen objects disappear over the horizon and tested their visibility with binoculars and telescopes.  It is apparent YOU have not.  Come back when you've actually visited a beach and seen this for yourself.  Education at the university of youtube will only get you so far.

BadBuc99

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 02:24:05 PM »

You can watch as it zooms and see that the amount hidden DOES NOT CHANGE.  If the zooming were what is making it visible then it should change as the amount of zoom changes.  It does not.  There is nothing to indicate that the boats are not visible to the naked eye.
I have personally seen objects disappear over the horizon and tested their visibility with binoculars and telescopes.  It is apparent YOU have not.  Come back when you've actually visited a beach and seen this for yourself.  Education at the university of youtube will only get you so far.

So your personal opinion trumps all the video and photo evidence.....right, GOTCHA!  Then throws out the "YOUTUBE" remark! As if the ability to post facts in a youtube video is impossible!

The truth is, you have a slick spin answer to try and debunk any truth presented. "It's out of resolution!" "The lenses are different!"  Lol, you atheist/pseudo science trolls are so deceptive, because it terrifies you to think that everything was created by God. And that same God said there will be a judgement day!

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
Come back when you've actually visited a beach and seen this for yourself

I don't think they let the severely deranged ones out to go to places like the beach

BadBuc99

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »
Come back when you've actually visited a beach and seen this for yourself

I don't think they let the severely deranged ones out to go to places like the beach

Another great post Max! You're almost ready to take Neil Degrasse Tyson's job away!

?

frenat

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »

So your personal opinion trumps all the video and photo evidence.....right, GOTCHA!  Then throws out the "YOUTUBE" remark! As if the ability to post facts in a youtube video is impossible!

The truth is, you have a slick spin answer to try and debunk any truth presented. "It's out of resolution!" "The lenses are different!"  Lol, you atheist/pseudo science trolls are so deceptive, because it terrifies you to think that everything was created by God. And that same God said there will be a judgement day!
not a personal opinion.  It is a fact.
Not an atheist and not a troll.  And it is still apparent that you have not ever viewed this for yourself.

?

frenat

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
The answer seems to be pretty simple to me. Human perspective. Since you don't want to be redirected anywhere, you can look at the picture examples I have for you or not. A ship "sinking into the horizon" is not what it seems. What you really see is the object reflected in the water, and the water line is actually much higher than what eyes see. Its like a mirage. An example of this would be the sun going out of our sight at sunset, it seems to melt into the water.

Example: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjqh8fv6NvRAhUXzmMKHesfBEoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Faty.sdsu.edu%2Fexplain%2Fsimulations%2Finf-mir%2FKaplan_photos.html&psig=AFQjCNE-8jNGW5cTmU1U8b-jAWzYRGdIFg&ust=1485382946327877&cad=rja

Same thing happens to boats.
Example: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiEwv3s69vRAhUC4WMKHV-ZA1kQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theflatearthsociety.org%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D65105.0&psig=AFQjCNGBE6XspjO6Eki7eYhlLyKx5fQNHQ&ust=1485383737244007
You can clearly see where the water line actually is by the reflection of the boat.

Our eyes can only see so far. When you think you may be seeing a sail "go over the curve", all you are seeing is the reflection in the water as the boats goes away from your ability to see. Like an inverted image melting into itself.
So small changes in elevation increase the distance your eyes can see?  ::)

BadBuc99

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »

Not an atheist and not a troll.  And it is still apparent that you have not ever viewed this for yourself.

That is personal opinion. You see; you people can spew anything you like without any visible, or viable proof. You are followers of the priests of the pseudo science religion. There is no proof or evidence that can be presented to you or your ilk that you will accept. 

?

frenat

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »

That is personal opinion. You see; you people can spew anything you like without any visible, or viable proof. You are followers of the priests of the pseudo science religion. There is no proof or evidence that can be presented to you or your ilk that you will accept.
No it is not a personal opinion.  IF the zoom is making it visible then as the zoom changes then the amount visible should also change.  It does not therefore the zoom is not making it visible.  There is still nothing to indicate the boats are not visible to the naked eye.

As for it being apparent you have never viewed this for yourself, that is made clear by your own words.

BadBuc99

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »

No it is not a personal opinion.  IF the zoom is making it visible then as the zoom changes then the amount visible should also change.  It does not therefore the zoom is not making it visible.  There is still nothing to indicate the boats are not visible to the naked eye.

As for it being apparent you have never viewed this for yourself, that is made clear by your own words.

The camera cannot zoom in past itself, so when it's not using any zoom, and you cannot see the boat beyond the horizon, it means that it went below the so-called curvature of the earth. If the camera can't see the boat, then what makes you think the naked eye can? The fact that it can be made visible again proves no curvature!

You're just throwing out nonsensical spin. You believe it, and therefore it must be true! You're nothing but a pseudo science troll. You have no desire to get to the truth. Your agenda is to garble up, and hide the truth just like NASA and the like. 

?

frenat

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »

The camera cannot zoom in past itself, so when it's not using any zoom, and you cannot see the boat beyond the horizon, it means that it went below the so-called curvature of the earth. If the camera can't see the boat, then what makes you think the naked eye can? The fact that it can be made visible again proves no curvature!
No, it is just below the resolution of the camera.  Your eyes have better resolution.  There is still nothing to indicate it was not visible to the eye.

You're just throwing out nonsensical spin. You believe it, and therefore it must be true! You're nothing but a pseudo science troll. You have no desire to get to the truth. Your agenda is to garble up, and hide the truth just like NASA and the like.
oh the irony.

I've given you details of an experiment I carried out showing that magnification does not change the distance to the horizon.  I've shown how you can test it for yourself.  YOU have dismissed.

And by the way, the world was proven round over 2,000 years before NASA ever existed.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:31:37 PM by frenat »

BadBuc99

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
I know I'm right, because I'm the only one showing observable proofs. You and your ilk just throw out innuendos, spin, and rhetoric. You never show any proof whatsoever to back up your claims. NEVER!!!

?

frenat

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
I know I'm right, because I'm the only one showing observable proofs. You and your ilk just throw out innuendos, spin, and rhetoric. You never show any proof whatsoever to back up your claims. NEVER!!!

Again, I have described an experiment done by myself and shown how anyone can repeat it.  You've posted videos that it is apparent you did not film.

There is no proof that magnification increases the observable horizon.  IF it did then as the zoom changes the amount of the object hidden by the horizon should also change.  It does not.