Who's paying the government?

• 45 Replies
Who's paying the government?
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:33:55 AM »
If this conspiracy idea of yours is correct then who's giving the government money to tell us the earth is round?

And when FE'ers say "The Government" which government EXACTLY do they mean?

Also, to pull off a scam like this, apart from it just being completely bogus idea, you'd have to be bribing:
- EVERY government in the world
- EVERY Aerospace company/industry/program (every space program) in the world.
- The entire Aviation industry, inc. Pilots, software programmers etc.
- Most of the tourist industry
- GPS manufacturers
- Phone Companies
- TV broadcast companies
- Weather Stations (actually, that's a point, if there's no sattelites then how do we predict the weather so well?)
- The Military, inc. Pilots, Radio/Radar programmers/operators, Weapons manufacture personell, Navigators, (the list goes on)
- The people at Google Earth
- Everybody who ever made model globe or a map
- Pretty much EVERY scientist and Geologist in the world.

Basically you'd need to bribe a hell of a lot of people. And there's always somebody who won't be bought so what happens to them? They're killed by the government(s)? That's gotta be alot of unexplained deaths...

There was another thread somewhere where the guy with the beard tried to figure out how much money it would cost to fool the whole planet.
I'm pretty sure he came to 40 people wanting $1,000,000 each per year.
First of all 40 people could NOT carry out this scam efficiently.
And second, I'd want a hell of alot more than $1,000,000. That's just over £500,000 and personally if i was gonna keep my mouth shut about something like this then I'd want a fair bit more than that.

Discuss.

And please no links to that bloody book or "sacred texts" site.
I just want YOU to tell me stuff.

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
Re: Who's paying the government?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:41:17 AM »
Don't be an idiot, try to think logically for a moment about this. Who do YOU think is "supplying" the tourist industry with all of this money. Do you think it might just be YOU? Thats right, you supply the money for most of those points, through taxes (NASA specifically), and the services you buy. You do pay for a phone don't you? Have you ever flown before? Perhaps you watch cable television? Oh, and if you have not read this, perhaps you should: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:49:24 AM »
Diego has a thread on this in the debate forum.
GO there.
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

?

FireoftheWorld

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »
So you think that all the money for taxes are going into just fooling the world. Then you are wrong. The world is always at war, everone is building weapons and war machines. They are costly. For one Abarms it cost about 5 mill to build.
Another fact is that if the goverment is paying off everone then why is there some much poverty still in the world.
If we are all getting paied what is the point in have a job. We are all rich anyway.
See then the people who know control the world. That is not the way things work.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:12:02 AM by FireoftheWorld »

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »
So you think that all the money for taxes are going into just fooling the world. Then you are wrong. The world is always at war, everone is building weapons and war machines. They are costly. For one Abarms it cost about 5 mill to build.
Another fact is that if the goverment is paying off everone then why is there some much poverty still in the world.
If we are all getting paied what is the point in have a job. We are all rich anyway.
See then the people who know control the world. That is not the way things work.
Very few people are actually aware of the conspiracy/it's intracies.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

?

FireoftheWorld

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 11:18:34 AM »
There are thousands of millions of people that know the truth and their family knows and also their friends.
Then were are all the people that know. You say few when it is not. You are making generalization of the world on your opion not fact. So come up with facts not lies.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:47:37 AM »
Diego has a thread on this in the debate forum.
GO there.

See the OP. I've been there, and it's completely bogus.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »
Bill Gates pays me... who wants to know?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »
If this conspiracy idea of yours is correct then who's giving the government money to tell us the earth is round?

The space exploration organizations. And the government/taxes are giving them money. Quite a lot of it at that.

Also, to pull off a scam like this, apart from it just being completely bogus idea, you'd have to be bribing:
- EVERY government in the world
Why? You mean every country whose been in SPACE? Perhaps. But that's only three.

- EVERY Aerospace company/industry/program (every space program) in the world.
Why? They don't all go into space. Only Russia, USA, and China have been in space. Everyone else is just sort of following.

Why? They don't go into space.

K, now you're just making shit up.

- GPS manufacturers
Give you that one. But only one guy would ever need to be in charge of the GPS system. Everyone else is just making whatever they need to make--they'd have no clue.

- Phone Companies
K, so...What the hell?

- TV broadcast companies
You mean for "sattelite" TV? You think that DirectTV, Dish Network, etcetera, all of them have their OWN "sattelites?"

- Weather Stations (actually, that's a point, if there's no sattelites then how do we predict the weather so well?)
We predict the weather well? That's news to me. It was supposed to be 23 degrees farenheit here today and rainy--its' 55 and sunny (no joke). ::) I'm pretty sure most weather stations use weather balloons enough, and again, weather stations who claim to use sattelites probably don't OWN their own sattelites.

- The Military, inc. Pilots, Radio/Radar programmers/operators, Weapons manufacture personell, Navigators, (the list goes on)
Weapons manufacturers, and Radar programmers?? What the fuck? That doesn't even make sense.

- The people at Google Earth

They don't own their sattelites either, and they use a lot of airplane pictures.

- Everybody who ever made model globe or a map
Okay, seriously, now you're just getting ridiculous and trying to make your list seem longer. Cartographers don't need to be in on the conspiracy. ::)

- Pretty much EVERY scientist and Geologist in the world.
Arrogant much? They think the Earth is round because that's what they were told and that's what they accepted, just like you.

Basically you'd need to bribe a hell of a lot of people. And there's always somebody who won't be bought so what happens to them? They're killed by the government(s)? That's gotta be alot of unexplained deaths...
Read the Conspiracy Compendium. It's linked to in the FAQ. And it's not hard to kill people off if the government needs to.

There was another thread somewhere where the guy with the beard tried to figure out how much money it would cost to fool the whole planet.
I'm pretty sure he came to 40 people wanting $1,000,000 each per year.
First of all 40 people could NOT carry out this scam efficiently.
And second, I'd want a hell of alot more than $1,000,000. That's just over £500,000 and personally if i was gonna keep my mouth shut about something like this then I'd want a fair bit more than that.
It's forty people plus the leading conspirators. You would want more than a million dollars PER YEAR? Still, that was the bare minimum for fundings. Obviously, since it only rung up to half of a billion dollars a year and the conspiracy gets probably upwards of twenty billion, I don't see where the problem lies if people need some more cash.

By the way. I don't have a beard.

~D-Draw
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:35:02 PM by DiegoDraw »

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »
impossible, 40 ppl .. 1000 people .. the numbers are still too large to be able to force the conspiracy .. BILLIONS of people believe the earth is round .. yes billions, wrap your tiny brains around this number, it's a lot .. there's over 6 billion people on the planet and w/98-99% of them believing the earth is round (since your quaint society is so insignificantly small) the possibility of a mere fourty people keeping this AGE OLD conspiracy alive is absolutely absurd
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »
impossible, 40 ppl .. 1000 people .. the numbers are still too large to be able to force the conspiracy .. BILLIONS of people believe the earth is round ..
You said it yourself. They BELIEVE the Earth is round. They don't know that it is, though. It's just what everyone thinks. Ever heard of Group-Think or Herd Mentality? The conspiracy barely has to do crap.

yes billions, wrap your tiny brains around this number, it's a lot ..
::) Y'think?

there's over 6 billion people
7 billion.

on the planet and w/98-99% of them believing the earth is round (since your quaint society is so insignificantly small) the possibility of a mere fourty people keeping this AGE OLD conspiracy alive is absolutely absurd
If it's age old and everyone believes it, what's the difficulty in forty people keeping it afloat? All THEY need to do is convince people that they're still doing space missions so that they can get money. The whole world already believes the Earth is round. Such a preconceived bias simply makes it easier.

~D-Draw

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »
the only problem is, these fourty people dont exist, people believe the earth is round because of scientists and experiments done around the world, LONG before NASA this was a widely known fact
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
The egyptians were in on it apparently.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »
you rely so much on nasa being part of this conspiracy and when anyone says anything about this "belief" being known before NASA, you simply say, the govt's of the world had to behind it .. why is this ? why MUST they be behind it ? are all govt's bad ? haha

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 04:48:33 PM »

Give you that one. But only one guy would ever need to be in charge of the GPS system. Everyone else is just making whatever they need to make--they'd have no clue.

You heard it here first, one person can run a global network of towers.  And not one other person has asked what they are.  And that same one person maintains all the towers.  He also calibrates all the towers every so often. 

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »
You heard it here first, one person can run a global network of towers.  And not one other person has asked what they are.  And that same one person maintains all the towers.  He also calibrates all the towers every so often. 

The GPS towers can double as Cell Phone towers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 06:23:17 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 04:54:17 PM »
omg this is too funny

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 04:54:24 PM »
Population: 6,525,170,264 (July 2006 est.)

indeed morons at their finest

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 02:09:13 AM »
Population: 6,525,170,264 (July 2006 est.)

indeed morons at their finest

That's an estimate.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »

Why? They don't go into space.

Planes fly Geodesic line across the world, in a flat world they'd just go in straight lines. Their computers and mapping systems have this sort of stuff in them.

The space exploration organizations. And the government/taxes are giving them money. Quite a lot of it at that.

Governments keep records af all their tax incomes and expenditures. Personally I can't be bothered to go find them but if their was huge, billion dollar blips in there then the people that do read them and check stuff would be asking questions and telling the press.

Also, aren't the government supposed to be making money from this? If they spend so much getting other people to shut up then how are they benifitting?

K, now you're just making shit up.

no, in one of the many threads comparing antarctica to the 'ice wall' (yes, I know you're gonna say "Where's the link?" but I really don't have the time right now and besides, people who posted on it know it's there.) I believe it was probably Tom that posted a picture  solving the problem of tourist circumnavigations of antarctica. Basically he said that when people go on a cruise around antarctica (of which many companies offer) they just go out, follow the ice wall for a bit and come back.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 02:33:23 AM »
that's absolutely retarded rofl

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
If the gov is paying or killing people who know the truth then why are you still here

?

Lynk

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 09:36:31 AM »
Isn't it obvious? It's Al Gore.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 10:02:26 AM »
Planes fly Geodesic line across the world, in a flat world they'd just go in straight lines. Their computers and mapping systems have this sort of stuff in them.
They follow their compasses, which always point North.

Governments keep records af all their tax incomes and expenditures. Personally I can't be bothered to go find them but if their was huge, billion dollar blips in there then the people that do read them and check stuff would be asking questions and telling the press.
Correct. Their expenditures to the space exploration industry is in the billions. What's your point?

Also, aren't the government supposed to be making money from this? If they spend so much getting other people to shut up then how are they benifitting?
They're still making money. You think it takes billions of dollars to make people believe the Earth is round?

no, in one of the many threads comparing antarctica to the 'ice wall' (yes, I know you're gonna say "Where's the link?" but I really don't have the time right now and besides, people who posted on it know it's there.) I believe it was probably Tom that posted a picture  solving the problem of tourist circumnavigations of antarctica. Basically he said that when people go on a cruise around antarctica (of which many companies offer) they just go out, follow the ice wall for a bit and come back.
Tom Bishop is a moron. In any case, it is possible that SOME tourist agencies (i.e. the very few--if that--that do go "around Antarctica") are in on the conspiracy, but that only adds a couple people to the conspiracy anyways.

~D-Draw

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »
They follow their compasses, which always point North.

That's pure BS and you know it. Planes follow planned, mapped routes.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 01:38:08 PM »
And how do they know they are on those routes?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »

speed read outs ,land marks ,simple math MPH
so if i'm going say 2000miles per hour i have traveled 2000miles in a hour then mark the map

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 01:59:01 PM »
Which direction?

BTW, if you are using dead reckoning doing 2000mph, you are just asking to crash.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 02:58:36 PM »

Because they're flying the bloody plane! That's like driving to work on the M6 and sayin "Wait a minute, this is the M4!! DAMN that conspiracy!!!"

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
Except that you are constrained to a particular direction, namely the one the road is going in.

-- Bob Hudson