How thick is the ice wall?

• 49 Replies
How thick is the ice wall?
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »
How thick is the ice wall? And does the atmosphere start going straight up at the edge of the wall?

Re: How thick is the ice wall?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:29:30 PM »
No answers? come on fe'ers lets hear it!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »
Well, I'm assuming it's pretty damned thick...

~D-Draw

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
Like how thick? like a mile or like 20. c'mon i thought you flat earther's knew everything!

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
it would have to be CONTINENTILY thick in order to keep all the fucking water the world holds
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »
Like how thick? like a mile or like 20. c'mon i thought you flat earther's knew everything!
Any estimate would be purely speculation, but I'm standing by my original authoring that the ice wall is "pretty damned thick."

~D-Draw

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »
Even though the ice wall as never been proven to exist..

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:55:24 PM »

The RE counterpart to the 150 foot Ice Wall described in the FAQ is called the Ross Ice Shelf. It is a wall of ice that surrounds Antarctica. It is several hundred meters thick. The nearly vertical ice front to the open sea is more than 50 meters high above the water surface. Ninety percent of the floating ice is below the water surface.

The Ross Ice Shelf was named after Sir James Clark Ross, an early 1800's explorer who was among the first to venture to Antarctica in an attempt to determine the position of the South Magnetic Pole. Upon confronting the massive wall of ice stretching perpetually in every direction he famously remarked 'Well, there's no more chance of sailing through that than through the cliffs of Dover.'
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:00:18 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »

The RE counterpart to the 150 foot Ice Wall described in the FAQ is called the Ross Ice Shelf. It is a wall of ice that surrounds Antarctica. It is several hundred meters thick. The nearly vertical ice front to the open sea is more than 50 meters high above the water surface. Ninety percent of the floating ice is below the water surface.

The Ross Ice Shelf was named after Sir James Clark Ross, an early 1800's explorer who was among the first to venture to Antarctica in an attempt to determine the position of the South Magnetic Pole. Upon confronting the massive wall of ice he famously remarked 'Well, there's no more chance of sailing through that than through the cliffs of Dover.'

If you're going to quote 1800's explorers, you might as well quote yourself.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 07:02:07 PM »
OF COURSE he could only see ice from end to end, OUR EYES ONLY SEE SO FAR, and if your world is flat, then he could have easily seen the ice wall go all the way around right ? antartica is huge, if u just strolled up on it, all you would see is ice as well
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

It is a wall of ice that surrounds Antarctica. .

I thought Antartica didn't exist?  Your theory has more holes in it then a lake after an ice fishing tourney.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
I thought Antartica didn't exist?  Your theory has more holes in it then a lake after an ice fishing tourney.

What you know as Antarctica is what the Flat Earth Society calls the Ice Wall.

Antarctica does not exist as a continent.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
Ok.. thanks for the clarification, but when the earth formed, it was molten lav. correct? and this molten lava would be very hot. therefore, it would be impossible for the "ice wall" to be solid and not liquid.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
The ice wall is a mountain range, covered in ice.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
The ice wall is a mountain range, covered in ice.

i thought it was a giant boat  ::)

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
There never used to be a mountain range there. There has been water there alot longer though.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
Oh, a mountain range.

So, how are mountains formed in the FE model again?
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »
idk aren't you FE ?

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
Apparently the water was held in by magic until such time as the continent of antarctica was formed to hold it on.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
oh nvm, HAH, i'm gonna go smoke a bowl, brb

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »
FE-ers are full of stuff that i dont want to say for fear of being banned.. plain and simple. the two fe-ers in this discussion are completely contradicting each other and themselves. and how do you guys know about these 'conspiracies'? did some retard roll over one morning and say "today's a good day to acuse the government of mass embezzlement(however you spell it) and hiding a giant ice wall from us." how was this ice wall formed? is global warming a conspiracy too? does the government have place heaters on the tops of all mountains, heating up the world little by little? if global warming is occuring, wont the 'ice wall' melt and all civilization be washed off into the area that is the 'conspiracy of space'? how do we know that all the stuff you're saying isn't a conspiracy? i think the ice wall is a conspiracy by all flat earth supporters, maybe you dumbasses are all trying so hard to convince us the world is round, that you payed millions of dollars to make this so called 'proof' of a flat earth. maybe the conspiracy theorists are also the conspirators.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »
the two fe-ers in this discussion are completely contradicting each other and themselves.

No we're not. The Ross Ice Shelf is part of Antarctica. Antarctica is the Ice Wall. Antarctica also contains mountains made of rock and stone.

What's so hard to understand about that?

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »
the two fe-ers in this discussion are completely contradicting each other and themselves.

No we're not. The Ross Ice Shelf is part of Antarctica. Antarctica is the Ice Wall. Antarctica also contains mountains made of rock and stone.

What's so hard to understand about that?

ok so your saying Antarctica is real and nothing about an ice wall

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »
ok so your saying Antarctica is real and nothing about an ice wall

Antarctica is real. It just doesn't exist as a continent. It's the landmass that circles the edges of the earth.

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
yes he is, all fe-ers contradict themselves trying to explain theat the earth is flat. wat all do you guys think is a conspiracy? is life a conspiracy? are we all jus microbes with high tech imagin software?i mean when duz this bullshit end? suck my left nut tom. and in that case my right one too.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »
Since this wasn't answered:

The same way they are formed in the RE model. Plate Tectonics.

~D-Draw

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 06:12:48 PM »
Since this wasn't answered:

The same way they are formed in the RE model. Plate Tectonics.

~D-Draw

What causes these plates to move?

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
Its impossible for mountains to form at the 'edge' of the earth

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
What causes these plates to move?

A vast underground ocean of magma.

Its impossible for mountains to form at the 'edge' of the earth

Why wouldn't they form at subduction zones?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 06:18:52 PM by Tom Bishop »