Round Earthers, can you explain this?

• 149 Replies

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
Re: Round Earthers, can you explain this?
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
The Subconscious can explain everything. The Subconscious can make you believe he's not there, but he's always there, lying to you constantly. All Hail the Subconscious!

Round Earthers... what a laugh.

So Francois... If I got high on DXM or Ex... and I saw some freaky stuff, like dancing trees, or a smiling moon... does that mean that what I saw was real and always there to begin with? I could run around afterwards telling everyone about what I saw, but the truth is, it never existed anywhere but in my own mind. Which is where my subconscience resides.

Just because you "see" something doesn't make it true. That's why we call them optical illusions, and also why we use actual facts, logic, science, and reason to explain what is really going on.

In an "optical illusion," you have to use your senses in order to show that it IS an illusion in the first place. So your principle that "seeing does not ensure truth" means that you cannot prove it is an illusion in the first place. You have just defeated yourself.

Have a nice day, troll.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
Quote from: Francoise
In an "optical illusion," you have to use your senses in order to show that it IS an illusion in the first place.

Argument: You're retarded.
Proof: You just defeated yourself; To see the true shape of the earth, you use your senses to "see" what appears to be flat. Does this mean that you automatically believe it to be flat? The same applies to wind. Just because you  cant see it, doesn't mean it isn't real. (Ignore the fact about feeling it blow. I'm talking strictly eyesight.) So to realize the truth, you would need to use more than your senses, right? Like science, mathematics, etc. Tools to help the mind understand what it is that's really going on. This applies to both an "optical illusion" and what you see when you look out your window at a "flat earth".

Also, I'm not a troll. Just because I actually put some thought into something, which defeats your puny little logic, and shuts down your one sentence posts doesn't make me a troll. I've been here far longer than you, and I've made much more of a contribution to both FET and RET. Which is the exact opposite of what a troll does. If anyone here is trolling, it's you, sir.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »
you are the one who says the earth's shape is an optical illusion. not me. i say it's a belief system.

get off this board, troll.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »
My favourite troll...Francois!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
Zut alors!

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2007, 10:53:02 PM »
My favourite troll...Francois!

Get off this board.

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:23 AM »
In reply to the original question, that is a .gif animation of an optical illusion, which doesn't actually work as an optical illusion, as the poles are at different heights, thus you could make one in real life, therefore it's hardly actually an illusion. However, I cannot see how the hell that proves the Earth is not round. Even if I try and let my subconscious take over my thoughts.
The FE'ers' arguments all seem to be fatally flawed...

Go look at the horizon.
You cannot apply logic to the following:
-zombies
-a flat earth

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2007, 03:13:43 AM »
In reply to the original question, that is a .gif animation of an optical illusion, which doesn't actually work as an optical illusion, as the poles are at different heights, thus you could make one in real life, therefore it's hardly actually an illusion. However, I cannot see how the hell that proves the Earth is not round. Even if I try and let my subconscious take over my thoughts.
The FE'ers' arguments all seem to be fatally flawed...

Go look at the horizon.

to think they think im the drug user  ::)

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2007, 04:11:35 AM »
Hey!
I never said anyone was on drugs.
You cannot apply logic to the following:
-zombies
-a flat earth

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2007, 05:15:46 AM »
francois despises me for being a stoner :(
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2007, 05:17:31 AM »
Don't take it personally, Francois just despises everyone
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2007, 05:45:08 AM »
you are the one who says the earth's shape is an optical illusion. not me. i say it's a belief system.

get off this board, troll.

Both theories are a "belief system" in one sense or another. The difference between you and I is that although I believe in RET, I am completely open to the possibility of a flat Earth, and am not so zealotus about RET as you make yourself out to be when you talk about FET.

Stop calling me a troll every time I 1-up you. It's not my fault you can't take the facts.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2007, 05:46:11 AM »
best just to ignore him hara Taiki, he's a berk

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2007, 05:49:50 AM »
best just to ignore him hara Taiki, he's a berk

May be true, but what fun would it be not insulting his intelligence in an intellectual manner? I'm not trolling, nor am I outright insulting him. Therefore he would eat his own words, or resort to calling me a sociopath again.  ::)

Basically, the truth is, I am a fence sitter, and he doesn't like it, so he'll resort to alternative methods which involve little creativity or facts. ;)

Prove me wrong, Francoise.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2007, 05:52:21 AM »
He can't handle your intellectual manner. You sociopath ;D

I'm convinced he's just messing with us though, no one could seriously believe the things he believes. Flat Earth is believable - Pureland and seven suns and Blonko the explorer...much less believable.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2007, 05:59:39 AM »
He can't handle your intellectual manner. You sociopath ;D

I'm convinced he's just messing with us though, no one could seriously believe the things he believes. Flat Earth is believable - Pureland and seven suns and Blonko the explorer...much less believable.

8)

I've been convinced about him in that manner since I came back to the board recently.

Flat earth is entirely believable... I sit the fence though, so I get to be DA.  ;)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2007, 06:01:10 AM »
Problem is some of the new people assume he represents the FE'ers...

I was sitting on the fence, but then someone shook it and I fell off.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2007, 06:16:56 AM »
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2007, 07:57:12 AM »
Problem is some of the new people assume he represents the FE'ers...

I was sitting on the fence, but then someone shook it and I fell off.
And which side did you fall on?
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »
Well the fence was on top of the ice wall...I fell into space

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:49 AM »
I wouldn't say knowing the Earth is round is a "belief" system.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »
Well the fence was on top of the ice wall...I fell into space
You sure the guards didn't push you? I hear they can be mean.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »
They were probably the ones shaking it

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »
Man, Frankis, if there's one thing that I've noticed about all your posts, it's that you're just a huge jerk. All you do is insult people, tell them to get off public forums that were made specifically for them, and call people trolls. Regardless of your beliefs, you're just not a good person. You sound like a rotten, withered, lonely man who has to troll forums insulting people from the safety of his computer chair. Seriously, go out there and so something. If you're that fervent in your beliefs, gather some proof and write a book. Start your flat earth empire. Just stop being a sad little man.
I wish my lawn was emo so it'd cut itself.

narcberry's token douchebag score: 4

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
I already have a Flat Earth empire. It's at http://www.graveyardofthegods.com/forum

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2007, 05:38:33 AM »
LOL yeah, that frankis guy has no real identity. He just tries to extrapolate on what Tom Bishop says. I bet he secretly has a crush on him. Woudln't surprise me, given the amount of ass-licking he does to Bishop on the other posts.

In all, Frankis is an embarrassment even to flat earthers!

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2007, 07:20:43 AM »
LOL yeah, that frankis guy has no real identity. He just tries to extrapolate on what Tom Bishop says. I bet he secretly has a crush on him. Woudln't surprise me, given the amount of ass-licking he does to Bishop on the other posts.

In all, Frankis is an embarrassment even to flat earthers!

An embarrassment to society...

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
I already have a Flat Earth empire. It's at http://www.graveyardofthegods.com/forum

Makes you the "big man on campus" now, doesn't it?

Go read the FAQ, stop making up your own crap. Start following the real FET if you want to get anywhere. You're just a clone of Tom Bishop. One is enough, we don't need a second.

I was a Flat Earther before I met Tom Bishop. I will report you for libel.

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »
LOL, report someone for libel!? Who do you think you are? Wait, don't answer, I'll tell you. You are absolutely nothing, because you contribute nothing to society or anybody around you.

Not once have you described WHY the world should be flat. You just call everybody else the idiot, because you're totally delusional.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2007, 05:50:42 PM »

Makes you the "big man on campus" now, doesn't it?

Go read the FAQ, stop making up your own crap. Start following the real FET if you want to get anywhere. You're just a clone of Tom Bishop. One is enough, we don't need a second.

I was a Flat Earther before I met Tom Bishop. I will report you for libel.

Right.

Good luck with that.

No, seriously.