Ah yes, the ice wall . .

• 53 Replies
Ah yes, the ice wall . .
« on: March 13, 2007, 04:10:19 PM »
There are many many flaws with this idea, for one, it's massive, around the entire circumference of the flat earth massive. .

This would be rediculous to try and cover up, to not allow people to go to, and even let them visit just a certain part of .. next flaw

It's only 150ft tall, what about how deep our oceans are ? what's the explanation for holding such vast amounts of water, this also holds up our atmosphere, which in theory should only be 150ft tall, but through explanation it's a bubble over the earth, kind of like a bio-dome; what the hell holds this bubble up ? surely not a 150ft wall of ice and rock, impossible ..  next flaw

Ice and rock aren't solid walls of water stopping power, sure if it was man made, but this is not .. any kind of structure, especially rock and ice, can and will be carved out by water over time .. This would be a special case since the ice wall has been bordering our oceans for (how long neway?) and water erosion would have made that ice wall it's bitch, water would leak through, the ice wall would fail ..

and this is all on your precious ice wall, what do you have to say ?
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Re: Ah yes, the ice wall . .
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »
bump, answer me FEers
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »
cmon guys, seriously, you believe so much in this ice wall .. bump bump bump

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
The Ice wall was created because it was near the edge of the Earth, near space. (Space = vacuum=extremely cold) Water erosion is irrelevant because of this, because anytime water got close enough to the perimeter of the Earth, it would freeze.

As for your other questions, I cannot think of any logical response.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
ahh but the atmosphere is still very real, meaning that we're protected by that vacuum, making it not intensely cold, meaning erosion can still happen, your response ?

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »
ahh but the atmosphere is still very real, meaning that we're protected by that vacuum, making it not intensely cold, meaning erosion can still happen, your response ?

When did I say erosion didn't occur? It occurs but as soon as water gets close enough to space, it freezes. Filling in the gap created by erosion.

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 05:15:35 PM »
The Ice wall was created because it was near the edge of the Earth, near space. (Space = vacuum=extremely cold) Water erosion is irrelevant because of this, because anytime water got close enough to the perimeter of the Earth, it would freeze.

As for your other questions, I cannot think of any logical response.

So.. freezing temperatures made a 150 foot wall?

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
The major flaw in the ice wall theory is that due to continental shift, there never used to be land there where there is now. No land around edge = no water left!

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 05:25:25 PM »
also, because it is ice doesn't make it unpermeable .. galciers still have trickles of water running through them and out of them, what do you say to this ?

?

The Terror

• Flat Earth Propane Tank
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »
I've raised this point before, nobody ever answers it properly.

They seem to have this idea that there's a border, on one side there's atmosphere at sea level pressure and oxygen content, on the other there's vacuum. You could literally step into a vacuum...

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:34:09 PM »
exactly, and if this was the case, this means no atmosphere is protecting the ice wall itself, now space, is a HUGE vacuum and would tear teh ice wall right off the earth, along w/that is the structure for our atmosphere which ultimately keeps us from being sucked out as well

?

The Terror

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »
The atmosphere would have to extend for hundreds of miles past the ice wall to be realistic.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »
god these ppl are morons

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »
I agree, the ic would also have to be extremely thick to hold back that much pressure, just look at how big dams have to be to have to hold back a river, let alone an ocean...

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »
not jus tone ocean, ALL the oceans, all the water of the world excluding inlet rivers and lakes .. that's a SERIOUSSSSSSSSSLY vast dam

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
There are many many flaws with this idea, for one, it's massive, around the entire circumference of the flat earth massive. .
So is the ocean. Wuh oh!

This would be rediculous to try and cover up, to not allow people to go to, and even let them visit just a certain part of .. next flaw

Why is it ridiculous to cover it up? How many people do you know that go to the South Pole? It's not like it's a tourist destination or anything.

It's only 150ft tall, what about how deep our oceans are ?
It's 150 feet tall from sea level to its top, not all the way to the ocean floor.

what's the explanation for holding such vast amounts of water, this also holds up our atmosphere, which in theory should only be 150ft tall, but through explanation it's a bubble over the earth, kind of like a bio-dome; what the hell holds this bubble up ?
It holds vast amounts of water because it is MADE out of water--just frozen. Thus if it gets too thin to hold water, guess what? More's going to freeze onto it.
Also, the atmosphere probably isn't held in solely by the ice wall, if at all.

surely not a 150ft wall of ice and rock, impossible ..  next flaw
Why is it impossible to have a 150 foot wall of ice AND rock?

Ice and rock aren't solid walls of water stopping power
Wow...I really don't think that's what you meant to say.

Ice IS water. It's FROZEN WATER. And you know...like...frozen things...they're kind of solid.

sure if it was man made, but this is not .. any kind of structure, especially rock and ice, can and will be carved out by water over time ..
Woah, woah, hoooold on there, buddy. Ice is going to be carved out by water? Sure, maybe if it was searing hot water, but as far as I know, the oceans are pretty damned cold. And then there's that whole space thing outside of the wall...Well, y'know...I've never been there, but I've been told it's pretty cold out there, too.

This would be a special case since the ice wall has been bordering our oceans for (how long neway?) and water erosion would have made that ice wall it's bitch, water would leak through, the ice wall would fail ..
::) You're incessant on this point. Water erosion wouldn't matter because IF any water even began to leak through (somehow--I have no idea how it would in the first place), it would freeze instantly and plug up the hole. It IS an ICE wall.

what do you have to say ?
Plenty, I assure you.

~D-Draw

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 06:19:17 PM »
lol u do know the oceans "move" right ? meaning they cant freeze because moving water will generate heat, making it impossible to freeze, and if the water close to the ice wall froze, then wouldn't it keep freezing the water until there was nothing left ? why do glaciers sit nicely on top of the ocean instead of freezing all the water it touches ?

?

The Terror

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
There is no possible way a vacuum could exist immediately on the other side of the ice wall.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 06:32:05 PM »
i'm waiting diego, wow me

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »
lol u do know the oceans "move" right ? meaning they cant freeze because moving water will generate heat, making it impossible to freeze, and if the water close to the ice wall froze, then wouldn't it keep freezing the water until there was nothing left ? why do glaciers sit nicely on top of the ocean instead of freezing all the water it touches ?
Moving water doesn't generate heat. ::)

If you want to make that case, you have never been to Lake Superior. Dayum. That lake is incredibly cold during the winter, but it doesn't freeze. It doesn't freeze because the ice can't settle on top of a bunch of wave crests. Conviniently, the ice wall would be a perfect place for water to create ice...Hmmm...

And if any of the water IS eroding the ice wall, it would be eroding directly into the ocean (seeing as there's no erosion issues on the outside of the wall, I would assume), and thus you get a circular motion of recycling with water, as every bit that falls into the ocean would splash right back up onto the ice wall and freeze.

~D-Draw

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 06:35:54 PM »
hes at a loss for words. you totally owned him.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »
you woudln't because the water would keep eroding until it passed through, the pressure of the ocean would do this.. i'm sorry water moving doesn't generate heat but it does make it so ice cannot form over the top of it, so why then, did an giant ice wall form on the edges of the ocean which is a constantly moving body of water?  this would be impossible

?

The Terror

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »
If the North Pole icepacks don't freeze all the way to the ocean floor, then the Ice Wall wouldn't either.

There's no way a vacuum is causing the water to freeze - it wouldn't freeze in a solid mass, and the entire wall would explode due to the pressure

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »
you woudln't because the water would keep eroding until it passed through, the pressure of the ocean would do this.. i'm sorry water moving doesn't generate heat but it does make it so ice cannot form over the top of it, so why then, did an giant ice wall form on the edges of the ocean which is a constantly moving body of water?  this would be impossible
It didn't form just like that. My theory is that the Earth basically had a large ice cube on the top of it (except it wasn't a cube, it was a disk), and the sun came above the Earth and began freezing the interior but not the exterior.
For example, were you to take a laser (not a laser pointer, a real laser--the kind that's hot and stuff), and an ice cube, and start making the laser go around in circles, it won't necessarily melt the whole ice cube, just the parts that it's hitting.

If the North Pole icepacks don't freeze all the way to the ocean floor, then the Ice Wall wouldn't either.

There's no way a vacuum is causing the water to freeze - it wouldn't freeze in a solid mass, and the entire wall would explode due to the pressure
Why shouldn't the ice wall freeze all the way to the ocean floor? It probably doesn't--I'm assuming it's more of a rock-on-top-of-ice sort of formation. As for the pressure thing, space is obviously not a pure VACUUM. It's just really, really low pressure. Luckily, that ice wall is standing pretty sturdily.

~D-Draw

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:24 PM »
So the sun is a spotlight? thats impossible, get a life you retard.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 06:46:50 PM »
what u assume has already been proven to be untrue .. also, the sun could never act like a freaking LASER, if that were true, there'd be a fat circle around the earth where everything was burnt to a crisp .. this still doesn't say how there came to be a giant ice cube (disc) on the earth, when the earth was formed it was so fucking HOT that water didn't even come to play for a long long time, and even then the water was ssssssssooo hot that there was no ice in sight

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »
what u assume has already been proven to be untrue .. also, the sun could never act like a freaking LASER, if that were true, there'd be a fat circle around the earth where everything was burnt to a crisp .. this still doesn't say how there came to be a giant ice cube (disc) on the earth, when the earth was formed it was so fucking HOT that water didn't even come to play for a long long time, and even then the water was ssssssssooo hot that there was no ice in sight
It still proves my point. You can have heat without melting the entirety of an object. Also, I'm assuming water came to Earth as ice, and fused together as it stuck to the ground and melted itself together.

~D-Draw

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »
It still proves my point. You can have heat without melting the entirety of an object. Also, I'm assuming water came to Earth as ice, and fused together as it stuck to the ground and melted itself together.

~D-Draw

Fused together?  Melted itself together?  Do you know any properties of water?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 06:59:47 PM »
Fused together?  Melted itself together?  Do you know any properties of water?
What I meant was that it melted and then fused together, because it froze again. Drop two ice cubes into a bowl of water and keep them pushed together. What do they do?

~D-Draw

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »
seriously, water starts out in gas form, then trickles down into rain and becomes water, only in freezing temperatures does it ever fuse together to become ice, and it's really not fusion, it's more expansion