I bet he'll go for MAGNETS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Read this and explain FE'ers
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 03:32:12 PM »
http://staff.imsa.edu/science/astro/astrometry/ground1.html

and read the whole thing

*bets tom will direct me to the FAQ or E:NaG*

I hinted at the well experiment in another thread.  No one acknowledged it.  They probably never heard it because they were sleeping in school when they talked about it.  So lets we what they make up to cover it.  I have an idea what they will say but lets see.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 06:39:27 PM »
I bet toms brain is just spiraling

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »
KONZPEERACY LOL

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »
Strange still no Fe'ers posting in here. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »
good job mang :P
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:52:34 PM »
He assumed the sun was very far away.  It is not.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »
the sun IS far away tho, reallly far away, we know of two other planets that are even closer then we are, this isn't an assumption, it's basic fact
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 10:57:24 PM »
the sun IS far away tho, reallly far away, we know of two other planets that are even closer then we are, this isn't an assumption, it's basic fact

How can we tell the distance between sun and the sea-level of the earth?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:59:09 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »
well for one there's basic calculation, for two there's laser targetting for distance, i kno this works for the moon and probably not for the sun .. but on the other hand, where are your calculations for the sun being close ?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »
3000 miles << 93 million miles.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »
can you please elaborate ?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
well for one there's basic calculation, for two there's laser targetting for distance, i kno this works for the moon and probably not for the sun .. but on the other hand, where are your calculations for the sun being close ?

Basic calculation? Care to elaborate?

I hope you're joking about the laser targeting. Laser targeting would not work on the sun.

See Chapter 5 of Earth Not a Globe for the FE sun distance calculations:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za23.htm
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:04:20 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 11:06:08 PM »
please read my whole post tom, i said that it probably doesn't work for the sun, but we kno it works for the moon, and then calculation has been used for years to find distances of far off stars, planets, galaxies, and our sun

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 11:33:48 PM »
please read my whole post tom, i said that it probably doesn't work for the sun, but we kno it works for the moon, and then calculation has been used for years to find distances of far off stars, planets, galaxies, and our sun
What calculations have found the correct distance from the sun? How do you know that it's right?

~D-Draw

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »
http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/facts/faq04.html

go there, all i had to do was google it .. i kno i dont kno the calulations .. but theeeeyyy dooo lol

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 11:43:41 PM »
http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/facts/faq04.html

go there, all i had to do was google it .. i kno i dont kno the calulations .. but theeeeyyy dooo lol

I didn't see any information pertaining the distance from the earth to the sun on that page.

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 11:52:18 PM »
i'm merely illustrating that NASA has a page dedicated to mathematics used in space, such as orbit and acceleration for space travel

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 06:35:53 AM »

How can we tell the distance between sun and the sea-level of the earth?
Yet FE'ers have somehow concluded that it's 3000 miles away.
Bravo! :)
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »
I cant believe in this day and age that people dont think the sun is 93 million miles away.  Venus and Mercury cross in front of the sun yet you sit here and tell me its only 3000 miles away. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 10:13:42 AM »
I cant believe in this day and age that people dont think the sun is 93 million miles away.  Venus and Mercury cross in front of the sun yet you sit here and tell me its only 3000 miles away. 

If you can demonstrate, or at least show something that implies that the Sun and Mercury are millions of miles away we'd be inclined to believe you

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »

If you can demonstrate, or at least show something that implies that the Sun and Mercury are millions of miles away we'd be inclined to believe you

Besides the nuclear fision argument.  Keplers law you can scroll down to the 3rd law part.  Plug in the numbers for Earth to get the Radius.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler%27s_Laws

Astronomers have been looking at the stars for how many year?  They know what they are talking about.  You however do not.  You are not an astronomer or a geologist.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »

If you can demonstrate, or at least show something that implies that the Sun is 3000 miles away from Earth we'd be inclined to believe you.
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 04:17:24 PM »
yes please tom, enlighten me, what kind of measuring devices did you use in order to find out the sun is 32 mi. in diameter, and only 3,000 mi. away ?

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
yes please tom, enlighten me, what kind of measuring devices did you use in order to find out the sun is 32 mi. in diameter, and only 3,000 mi. away ?

A ruler, duh!

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »
Duh you retard, who wouldn't use a ruler?  ;)

Tom, you are a supporter, of the fe theory, while the rest of the world believes the earth is flat, therefore, you (being the minority) need to prove the majority wrong.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 06:23:49 PM »
Tom's argument is basically that whilst humans are unable to establish how big and how far away the sun is accurately, they actually can and it's 32 miles wide and 3k miles away.

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 06:23:58 PM »
Duh you retard, who wouldn't use a ruler?  ;)

Tom, you are a supporter, of the fe theory, while the rest of the world believes the earth is flat, therefore, you (being the minority) need to prove the majority wrong.

lol you mean round right ? i could do a poll not even saying "what do you think, round or flat?" no .. i could easily ask this question "describe the earth" .. i think the first answer everyone would say is, "the earth is a globe.." and continue from there

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 06:37:40 PM »
yea sorry bout that, i meant round...