Re: If satellites dont exist...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 01:22:57 PM »
You're trolling is weak geoguy

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »
Why? You haven't offered in the slightest bit of evidence to suggest that it might.

http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/science/what.html
http://library.thinkquest.org/C004707/wmhm.php3?Java=No

I'm sure if you read Elegant Universe or even went to high school or college, you would know this.

EDI: Also, a good read to people who are actually smart and believe in RE is The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian  Greene and is the author of Elegant Universe.  Both very good texts.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:28:36 PM by ThatHippyMan »
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »
http://www.jracademy.com/~jtucek/science/what.html
http://library.thinkquest.org/C004707/wmhm.php3?Java=No

I'm sure if you read Elegant Universe or even went to high school or college, you would know this.

At the bottom of the first link it says:

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics."
    - Richard P. Feynman

And so, why should we take the word of a bunch of dimwits who don't even know their own theory and can't prove the existence of the graviton?

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
I've heard it all now. Tom calling Feynman a dimwit. Tom you have excelled yourself. You are an idiot. You are a fool and a very bad troll.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 01:38:32 PM »
One can also say everyone sucks at martial arts because Bruce Lee said "If you practice Jeet Kunedo, you should not get better at it, you should get worse."  Keep in mind the Jeet Kunedo was developed to counter all other martial arts.  Learn how to read between the lines, you decaying old coot.  "No one understand quantum mechanics" is a calling quote from almost every book writen on the subject.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »
I think i can safely say that NASA would have a much easier job faking a flat earth than a round one... it would save VERY MUCH on cost and they would still profit the same amount

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »
At the bottom of the first link it says:

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics."
    - Richard P. Feynman

And so, why should we take the word of a bunch of dimwits who don't even know their own theory and can't prove the existence of the graviton?

Prove the existance of whatever drives the Universal Aceleration force.

You have no grounds to throw out gravitation due to "They can't prove gravitons", if the force which you use in its place is also relies on an unproven mechanism. (I've yet to see anyone here present such a mechanism for U.A.F. anyway)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
Picture taken by a french guy.
Its big so click on it if you dare. 
http://www.astrosurf.com/legault/iss_shuttle.jpg
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 10:37:06 AM »
Hmm how does the Federal Bureua of Investigation and Central Intelligence Agency have satelite photos of the earth...
How the fuck does google maps or google earth let me start from 100 feet above my house and zoom out to the area of the upper lithiosphere.....
Goggle fucking earth proves you guys wrong

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 05:40:56 PM »
Step 6. Read the book "Flatland" by Edwin A. Abbott

You do realize this is purely a work of fiction...  I shudder to think what the book referred to in step 20 contains..

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 11:59:30 PM »
How?  Google doesn't own satellites.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »

they might not own them but they use them
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:42:13 AM by The Government »

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 11:42:31 AM »
LOOL
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

No, they use pictures.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »

No, they use pictures.

And HOW did they get those pictures? They made them themselves? Then HOW THE FUCK can I see my red car outside my house?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »
And HOW did they get those pictures? They made them themselves? Then HOW THE FUCK can I see my red car outside my house?
They get their pictures from the government.  Google Earth is not real time.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »

Then how can I see the car I bought a month ago on Google Earth? So the government doesn't have anything better to do but to create new images of the ENTIRE earth every month?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »
Then how can I see the car I bought a month ago on Google Earth? So the government doesn't have anything better to do but to create new images of the ENTIRE earth every month?
You must have been lucky, but you won't see a different picture for the next 3 years.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 12:52:54 PM »

Not to mention the pictures over Area 15, over top secret places in China and Russia.  And so on.   Apparently the US has rights to fly over every country without asking.  And can scramble a plane to do to take the pic for the companies like Space Imaging who sell satellite pictures.  

Zulthar dont worry though.  You are trying to argue with the same people that think Mercury and Venus orbit the Earth, and that they are each the size of a grapefruit.  
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
You must have been lucky, but you won't see a different picture for the next 3 years.

A year ago I remember watching my school on google earth, half a year after major renovation I checked it out again and believe it or not; THE PICTURES WERE UPDATED.

Goddamn I'm lucky, I should go buy a lottery ticket or something.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 12:57:50 PM »

Winning a contest with odds of 1 in 3 is hardly luck.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »

A year ago I remember watching my school on google earth, half a year after major renovation I checked it out again and believe it or not; THE PICTURES WERE UPDATED.

Yep, you must be lucky.  Or, they were just working on updating your area.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »
Common questions about Google Earth   

1. When were these pictures taken? How often are they updated?

Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.  The images in Google Earth are updated on a rolling basis.

2. Are Google Earth images captured in real time?

No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.
3. Why do I see blurry pictures when I go to my house?

Google Earth combines data of different resolutions to offer a seamless viewing experience, and some locations may look a bit blurry. We offer high resolution imagery (greater than 1-meter per pixel which provides an aerial view of approximately 1500 feet) for thousands of cities and more are on the way.

Dumbasses

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »

Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.  The images in Google Earth are updated on a rolling basis.

No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.

Google Earth combines data of different resolutions to offer a seamless viewing experience, and some locations may look a bit blurry. We offer high resolution imagery (greater than 1-meter per pixel which provides an aerial view of approximately 1500 feet) for thousands of cities and more are on the way.

Dumbasses

That quote is a government photoshop. 
Here is the real quote

Our images are photographs taken by superman and aircraft sometime in the last three years.  The images in Google Earth are updated on a rolling basis.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »

Who's the dummy now?

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »

Who's the dummy now?

still, you

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »
True, but what I really wanted were your comments on the fact that Google itself admits that many of their images are taken by aircraft.

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
True, but what I really wanted were your comments on the fact that Google itself admits that many of their images are taken by aircraft.

I knew that, but satellites are where its at when taking 85%+ of the pics

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »
Not at all. I claim that any image from GE that was not taken by aircraft was, in fact, faked.

And the images of people's houses were most certainly taken by aircraft.

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 03:42:30 PM »
Not at all. I claim that any image from GE that was not taken by aircraft was, in fact, faked.

And the images of people's houses were most certainly taken by aircraft.

mmhhmm