If satellites dont exist...

• 59 Replies
If satellites dont exist...
« on: March 10, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »
and satellite tv/radio comes from radio/cell phone towers then how can my grandpa get satellite tv/internet in his mountain house but cannot get cell phone service for about an hour away? also he is pretty much secluded with 3 other people on the mountain and he is 1800 ft up.. and the nearest town is 40 minutes away

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
Re: If satellites dont exist...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »
Place your bets ladies and gentlemen!
What will be the FE response?
A. Read the FAQ
B. Read Earth Not A Globe
C. Use search
D. No logic response about how its a conpiracy
Taking all bets!
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »
I vote E all of the above

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »
Read the FAQ. Carefully.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »
Read the FAQ. Carefully.

Oh! Answer A. won the bet! Our Big Lotto Winner is Dave Spotanre of Belfast Ireland! Congradulations Dave!
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »
I only tell you to read the FAQ because you obviously haven't done so yet. Otherwise you wouldn't still be asking silly questions.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »
Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers.

You mean that?  There is no proof of this.  Period.  By the way, Dave from Ireland, be sure to call your local lotto center to collect your reward! Thanks for playing!
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:33:44 PM »
You're right, there isn't evidence for it. It's just a perfectly plausible explanation as to where 'satellite' signals come from.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »
You're right, there isn't evidence for it. It's just a perfectly plausible explanation as to where 'satellite' signals come from.

Then telling us to read the FAQ is pointless.  Most of us don't believe in everything blindly without proof like you do.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
In that case read Earth not a Globe. There are several proofs of the FE in it.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:39:27 PM »
In that case read Earth not a Globe. There are several proofs of the FE in it.

I have.  No proof.  Writes circles around itself like the FAQ does, ect, ect.  Also, it was writen a while ago.  That reminds me, any word of those ruffians from our colony over across the sea?  I hear they are trying to call themselves there own nation called "America" or something.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »
Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A1: They don't, satellite signals come from radio towers.

now your just being a smartass because you cant answer my question

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 12:41:25 PM »
I have.  No proof.  Writes circles around itself like the FAQ does, ect, ect.  Also, it was writen a while ago.  That reminds me, any word of those ruffians from our colony over across the sea?  I here they are trying to call themselves there own nation called "America" or something.

If you are not satisfied by the comprehensive information contained within the book Earth Not a  Globe, feel free to do the following:

Step 1. Look outside your window

Step 2. Read the FAQ

Step 3. Read the FAQ again

Step 4. Read the book "One hundred proofs the Earth is not a Globe" by William Carpenter

Step 5. Read the back-issues of Flat Earth News Quarterly

Step 6. Read the book "Flatland" by Edwin A. Abbott

Step 7. Read The book "The terrestrial plane" by Frederick H. Cook

Step 8. Read the book "Universal gravitation a universal fake" by Charles S. DeFord

Step 9. Read the book "Does the earth rotate?" by William Edgell

Step 10. Read the book "Earth not a globe: scientifically, geometrically, philosophically demonstrated" by Henry J. Goudey

Step 11. Read the book "The book of light" by Gilbert Johnson

Step 12. Read the book "Unpopular truth against popular error in reference to the shape of the earth." by Charles W. Morse

Step 13. Read the book "A challenge from the earth-flattening society" by Richard A. Proctor

Step 14. Read the book "The Earth: A Plane" by John E. Quinlan

Step 15. Read the book "He knew earth is round, but his proof fell flat" by Robert J Schadewald

Step 16. Read the book "The view from the edge; on the necessity of the flat earth" by John P. Sisk

Step 17. Read the book "Is the earth a whirling globe?" by Carl Albert Smith

Step 18. Read the book "Answers to the common 'proofs' that the earth is a globe" by Chester M. Shippey

Step 19. Read the book "In defense of the square peg." by Irving Wallace

Step 20. Read the book "The shape of the earth; some proofs for the spherical shape of the earth given in astronomical and geographical text-books examined, and shown to be unsound" by Arthur V. White

Step 21. Read the book "The Flat Earth and her moulder" by Ossipoff H. Woofson

Step 22. Come to the conclusion of a Flat Earth

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
Notice how Tom can never explain anything for himself but instead just posts names of books that nobody is ever going to read because they are garbage.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 12:48:22 PM »
I have.  No proof.  Writes circles around itself like the FAQ does, ect, ect.  Also, it was writen a while ago.  That reminds me, any word of those ruffians from our colony over across the sea?  I here they are trying to call themselves there own nation called "America" or something.

If you are not satisfied by the comprehensive information contained within the book Earth Not a  Globe, feel free to do the following:

Step 2. Read the FAQ

Step 4. Read the book "One hundred proofs the Earth is not a Globe" by William Carpenter

Step 8. Read the book "Universal gravitation a universal fake" by Charles S. DeFord

Step 10. Read the book "Earth not a globe: scientifically, geometrically, philosophically demonstrated" by Henry J. Goudey

Step 12. Read the book "Unpopular truth against popular error in reference to the shape of the earth." by Charles W. Morse

Step 13. Read the book "A challenge from the earth-flattening society" by Richard A. Proctor

Step 15. Read the book "He knew earth is round, but his proof fell flat" by Robert J Schadewald

Step 16. Read the book "The view from the edge; on the necessity of the flat earth" by John P. Sisk

Step 18. Read the book "Answers to the common 'proofs' that the earth is a globe" by Chester M. Shippey

Step 20. Read the book "The shape of the earth; some proofs for the spherical shape of the earth given in astronomical and geographical text-books examined, and shown to be unsound" by Arthur V. White

Ladies and Gentlemen, Tom Bishop's 22 step method to being a complete idiot!  Now with 20% more pseudo-science!
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
Notice how Tom can never explain anything for himself but instead just posts names of books that nobody is ever going to read because they are garbage.
Actually, I think you won't read them for fear of having your weak world view completely shattered.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 12:51:14 PM »
Actually, I think you won't read them for fear of having your weak world view completely shattered.

I've read some of the over views of those books.  Same retard theories, just worded differently.  Plus, its easier to break a flat piece of glass rather than a solid sphere.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 12:53:06 PM »

I've read Earth: Not A Globe. I swear it knocked a few points off my I.Q. in the process. I dare not risk reading any of the other crap incase the same thing happens.

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 12:56:40 PM »

Step 2. Read the FAQ

100 proofs written in 1881

Flatland written in 1884

Does the earth rotate? written in 1919

Universal gravitation a universal fake in 1931

Earth not a globe written in 1930

The book of light written in 1890

Unpopular truth against popular error in reference to the shape of the earth written in 1913

A challenge from the earth-flattening society written in 1883

The Earth: A Plane witten in 1906

He knew earth is round, but his proof fell flat written in 1973

The view from the edge; on the necessity of the flat earth writtin in 1979

Is the earth a whirling globe written in 1918

Answers to the common 'proofs' that the earth is a globe written in 1930

In defense of the square peg. written in 1957

The shape of the earth; some proofs for the spherical shape of the earth given in astronomical and geographical text-books examined, and shown to be unsound. written in 1909

The Flat Earth and her moulder writtin in 1884

Only two of those books come after space travel... SHUT THE HELL UP

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 01:01:47 PM »
lol historowned

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
Space travel doesn't exist. So it doesn't matter when the books were written.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
Space travel doesn't exist. So it doesn't matter when the books were written.

Prove it.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 01:05:37 PM »
The Earth is flat and accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s^2. Please explain to me exactly how space travel might work.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »
The Earth is flat and accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s^2. Please explain to me exactly how space travel might work.

Liquid fuel rocket.  Accelerates upwards.  Exits the atmosphere.  It can either A. leave its cargo in orbit to collect data or B. continue outwards into the cosmos to collect data.

EDIT: Still havn't answered my inquiry, have you?
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »
How exactly is it supposed to enter orbit?

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
Please read some of these books then come back when you have:
http://www.cambridge.org/uk/textbooks/?subject=762

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
How exactly is it supposed to enter orbit?

All matter exerts a "force" that makes minute "dents" in space.  When two bodies are in space and one body is marginally bigger than the other, it "falls" into those dents.  Orbit can be caused by two main things.  One being and object entering the stronger area of the "dent" at an angle.  Similar to how a marble goes round and round a bowling ball on a trampoline.  The other, more theory-based, yet mostly proven, way is that a spinning of the larger object causes "creases" in the dent in space, causing objects to circle it, like a bubbles going down a drain. This can be seen in the orbits of moons around  the gas giants, as the moons orbit is almost parallel with the planets spin.  Any other questions?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:17:59 PM by ThatHippyMan »
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »

All matter exerts a "force" that makes minute "dents" in space.
No it doesn't.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

All matter exerts a "force" that makes minute "dents" in space.
No it doesn't.

Sure it does.  Prove to me that it doesn't.  All matter, no matter how many quarks contained in each proton/nuetron/electron has mass.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »
Why? You haven't offered in the slightest bit of evidence to suggest that it might.