• 37 Replies
?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
Downed Satallites & Space Travel
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
Satallites:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/776400.stm
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-75-2059-12848-10/on_this_day/science_technology/twt
Space Travel Fun:
My favorite channel, the NASA channel. 376 on Direct TV.  Live feeds from the current launched space shuttle, interviews with astronuats, that kind of thing.
Footage from Space: http://www.gotfootage.com/gf/store/node/viewer/type/quick/qs/NASA/pg/1

By the way, before anyone says "Its a conspiracy", its not a conspiracy if there is no just cause.  Also, before someone says "READ THE FAQ" I already have.  Wrote circles around itself. No proof of anything.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

Re: Downed Satallites & Space Travel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »
Then try reading Earth not a Globe. I link to which can be found in my signature.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »
Then try reading Earth not a Globe. I link to which can be found in my signature.

Reading it now.  Bunch of nonsense, similar to your FAQ.  Also, explain the path of airplane travel.  Instead of going in a straight line, they go at a slight curve to conserve fuel.  If the Earth was indeed flat, there would be no need for this.  Also, all you have to say is to read an article thats URL contains the words "sacredtexts"? I lol'd.  I lol'd hard.

EDIT: Earth, only 60 miles around.

Plus, in contradiction with this article, when looking out upon the sea, you will see the sails of a sailboat dissapear off the horizon last.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 11:44:13 AM by ThatHippyMan »
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:46 AM »
  If the Earth was indeed flat, there would be no need for this.  Also, all you have to say is to read an article thats URL contains the words "sacredtexts"? I lol'd.  I lol'd hard.
'Sacred Texts" is just the name of the site hosting the book. You can also purchase it from amazon.com if you'd like.

Plus, in contradiction with this article, when looking out upon the sea, you will see the sails of a sailboat dissapear off the horizon last.
No you won't. I've observed this many times myself. The whole boat simply 'fades' out of view.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »
  If the Earth was indeed flat, there would be no need for this.  Also, all you have to say is to read an article thats URL contains the words "sacredtexts"? I lol'd.  I lol'd hard.
'Sacred Texts" is just the name of the site hosting the book. You can also purchase it from amazon.com if you'd like.

No you won't. I've observed this many times myself. The whole boat simply 'fades' out of view.

Actually, it doesn't "fade out of view". Bottom half disappears first.
Haha. Oh wow. Way to skip parts of my arguement and quoting the funny part about "sacredtexts".  It seems that all FE'ers do that.  With science, with proof of the Earth is a globe, with everything.  You all fail hard.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:02:14 PM »
yea read the ever so recent book "earth not a globe"
written just 126 years ago

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »
It's full of exciting up to date science such as Earth having twice the curve it's supposed to (taken directly from Rownbottom's "calculations"). The moon emits cold light apparently. If you shine moonlight on things such as plants and animals they start to decay and die!

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:53:46 PM »
Right. It's almost as bad as Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, and On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life. Those old books are all rubbish.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 12:57:01 PM »
No one has even bothered to my post here on space and proof of the round Earth.  The first response I got was to read a 126 year old book about the earth being like a map and the moon making things decay. I think FE Theory is down to about negative fifty-million credibility points.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 12:58:32 PM »
Fine. The pictures and videos are fake. Satellites don't exist.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
Fine. The pictures and videos are fake. Satellites don't exist.

Prove it.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
You can't prove or disprove a conspiracy, pretty much by definition.  Very conveneint, huh?
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

Prove it.
Earth is flat, the pictures say it's round. Obviously they're fake.

And satellites do not exist, since space travel is not possible on a FE.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »

Prove it.
Earth is flat, the pictures say it's round. Obviously they're fake.

And satellites do not exist, since space travel is not possible on a FE.

I have asked you this several times, but prove to me that the Earth is flat.  Don't link me to books, I want a current believer in FE to explain it to me.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 01:56:09 PM »
Climb a mountain, take a plane ride, look out your window, watch a ship sail into the horizon, or perform any of the experiments given in Earth not a Globe and you will see that Earth cannot possibly be any other shape.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
I have asked you this several times, but prove to me that the Earth is flat.  Don't link me to books, I want a current believer in FE to explain it to me.

Here's an easy, simple experiment I've conducted myself:

Take any three points on earth with a significant distance apart (Paris, London, and Berlin, for instance) and measure the angles between the points. If the earth were a globe the angles would add up to more than 180 degrees. This is called positive curvature and would prove the Earth is round. If the angles measure to be exactly 180 degrees, as they do in plain-old Euclidean geometry, it implies that the earth is a flat surface. Triangles whose angles measure less than 180 degrees imply a negative curvature (like a horse saddle).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:00:30 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 01:58:31 PM »
So, Tom Bishop, on what type of navigation system did you conduct this on, a globe or a flat map?
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »

Here's an easy, simple experiment I've conducted myself:

Take any three points on earth with a significant distance apart (Paris, London, and Berlin, for instance) and measure the angles between the points. If the earth were a globe the angles would add up to more than 180 degrees. This is called positive curvature and would prove the Earth is round. If the angles measure to be exactly 180 degrees, as they do in plain-old Euclidean geometry, it implies that the earth is a flat surface. Triangles whose angles measure less than 180 degrees imply a negative curvature (like a horse saddle).

Tom, the angles DO add up to more than 180 degrees you idiot.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »
Do they? Have you performed this experiment yourself?

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »
Do they? Have you performed this experiment yourself?

I have.  On a flat map they add up to 180. On a globe or cylender, the angles will differ because the lines themselves are curved.  Tom Bishop, this experiment tells us nothing besides some geomerty lesson we learned in high school.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »
Tom didn't tell you to perform this on a globe or map, he told you to perform it on the actual surface of the planet.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 02:11:12 PM »
Tom didn't tell you to perform this on a globe or map, he told you to perform it on the actual surface of the planet.

Oh, so you mean perform it on a globe.  Ok, thanks for your help.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
I have.  On a flat map they add up to 180. On a globe or cylender, the angles will differ because the lines themselves are curved.  Tom Bishop, this experiment tells us nothing besides some geomerty lesson we learned in high school.

I didn't say anything about doing it on a map or globe, you ignorant sheeple. Go out and perform the experiment for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:19:18 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 02:12:07 PM »
Oh, so you mean perform it on a globe.  Ok, thanks for your help.

We'll see.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »

I didn't say anything about doing it on a map or globe, you ignorant sheeple. Go out and perform the experiment for yourself.

But to take places that are a large distance apart, then you must use some sort of navigation device.  Plus, we arn't ignorant if you didn't give us enough data. Its like saying pygmies are all kids because they are dwarfed in size.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 02:21:30 PM »
I'm not a surveyor, but go and ask one about it.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
heres what YOU need to do now Tom..

1. Go to nasa.gov
2. click on multimedia
3. look at the thousands of pictures and videos

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
But to take places that are a large distance apart, then you must use some sort of navigation device.  Plus, we arn't ignorant if you didn't give us enough data. Its like saying pygmies are all kids because they are dwarfed in size.

Use a car (or ask your mother to drive you) to get to the three distant points. Then use surveying equipment to take the measurements. It's really quite simple.

1. Go to nasa.gov
2. click on multimedia

All of those round earth pictures on nasa.gov have photoshop headers, sorry.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:28:28 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

Use a car (or ask your mother to drive you) to get to the three distant points. Then use surveying equipment to take the measurements. It's really quite simple.

1. Go to nasa.gov
2. click on multimedia

and the videos?

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »

1. Go to nasa.gov
2. click on multimedia

So, photoshop is part of the conspiracy?  Circle the headers and footers for me.  Also, refer to the Tom Bishop Keyboard in The Goverment's signature.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map