Did Somebody Ask a Question?

• 21 Replies

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Did Somebody Ask a Question?
« on: March 10, 2007, 01:08:51 AM »
Okay. I bring you exhibit one:
DID SOMEBODY SAY TROLLS?!

Notice. She asked if anybody said trolls. It can be presumed that she meant somebody in the thread, not somebody in the entire world, because this would be simply impractical. Surely, someone somewhere said trolls--you can be almost assured of that. Nonetheless, it's obviously that somebody DID say trolls at one time or another. But that's not what we're talking about, because, as stated, that would be so horribly not pragmatic.

So, for a more locationalized basis: If we zoom into the thread alone. Nobody had said trolls before in the thread (technically nobody SAID anything, but you know what I mean). However, there it's apparent that Vauxhall had said "trolls" (the word she was asking for) in the very question that she's asking it. So. What makes a question? Obviously, she said "DID somebody say trolls," and thus asking about passed things that had happened, otherwise she would have said "WILL somebody say trolls." Thus, "trolls" must be said before she asked the question. However, she herself said "trolls" IN the question in question (heheh). Note that the question mark is AFTER the word "trolls." So does that mean that somebody (herself) SAY trolls before the question was asked or was it said after the question was asked because it's part of the question itself?

What do you think? Did somebody say trolls?(!)

~D-Draw

P.S. I refute all responsibility for creating this thread tomorrow when I'm actually well-rested.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Did Somebody Ask a Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 01:10:09 AM »
Yeah someone said trolls but they said it really really quietly so only Vaux heard.

How would you define a troll anyway? Cos someone here called me a troll. Was quite proud of that.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »
Yeah someone said trolls but they said it really really quietly so only Vaux heard.

How would you define a troll anyway? Cos someone here called me a troll. Was quite proud of that.
HEY! Stay on-fucking-topic! Don't dirty up my thread with your trampy-trollness!

I didn't actually mean that...But seriously...

~D-Draw

Tao of Pooh

• I owe it all to good, clean living.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:16 AM »
I heard Dann say "halfling" once, does that count?
Click dis:

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 04:50:07 AM »
Did pooh really hear me SAY anything... or did she READ something i typed that looked like halflings...

She works in security, probably for the government. She so heard you say halfling.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

Tao of Pooh

• I owe it all to good, clean living.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »
I have cameras hidden in your mama's basement and I can see/hear everything you do!

And you should be ashamed!!
Click dis:

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 02:59:23 AM »
I think somebody DID say trolls before he did.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
Actually if you go up a few posts into the really big one i noticed that someone actually had called some people trolls lol. But it's a good question anyways.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
Actually if you go up a few posts into the really big one i noticed that someone actually had called some people trolls lol. But it's a good question anyways.
Fucking liar...You see, it's all an illusion. Because obviously, my logic is impenetrable--infallible to the furthest extent.

*checks*

Shhhhhh...

~D-Draw

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:03 PM »
holy shit i'm so surprised that I didn't noticed this thread early

WTF. DIEGO. WTF.

Did you have my consent to quote me?!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:20:22 PM by Vauxhall The Goddess »

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »
holy shit i'm so surprised I haven't noticed this thread early

WTF. DIEGO. WTF.

This is one of those trials were the defendant isn't allowed to defend herself. So stop defending yourself!

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
holy shit i'm so surprised I haven't noticed this thread early

WTF. DIEGO. WTF.

This is one of those trials were the defendant isn't allowed to defend herself. So stop defending yourself!

whyyy?

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 08:51:09 PM »
DID SOMEBODY SAY "LOU RAWLS"?!?!?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 09:13:06 PM »

WTF. DIEGO. WTF.

Yes. Actually, I went into the future in order to get you consent, and then came back into this time, just to confuse you. I do that sometimes, just for fun. But don't worry, you'll be consenting pretty soon.

Hey, can I get your consent to use a quote of yours in an Alternative Science thread?

~D-Draw

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »
which quote?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »

WTF. DIEGO. WTF.

Yes. Actually, I went into the future in order to get you consent, and then came back into this time, just to confuse you. I do that sometimes, just for fun. But don't worry, you'll be consenting pretty soon.

Oh, I guess. I've got better ones!!

See? I told you so.

As a sidenote I am also reserving the right to hold this thread as proof that my time machine exists.

~D-Draw

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
Diego, how could you trick me so?  :( :( :(

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 03:06:33 PM »
lmao.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
Hey, it's what I do? I'm dangerous...You know, some people call me a badass...but really...Okay, yeah, I'm totally a badass.

Anyways, further discussion will take place in this thread based on the fact that I own a time machine via the proof that I have given in this thread (what with my predictions of what will happen and such).

~D-Draw

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »
Hey, it's what I do? I'm dangerous...You know, some people call me a badass...but really...Okay, yeah, I'm totally a badass.

Anyways, further discussion will take place in this thread based on the fact that I own a time machine via the proof that I have given in this thread (what with my predictions of what will happen and such).

~D-Draw

I think you confused time machines with a quick wit. Still that was awesome.