making sense

• 9 Replies
making sense
« on: March 09, 2007, 08:53:22 PM »
UNICORN + RAINBOW = CHAIR!!!

hey look I'm making as much sense as Tom Bishop and the rest of the FEers!

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
Re: making sense
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
I've noticed Tom Bishop and many others have failed to respond to any of my points other than a one-line post that doesn't address the issue.  I'm starting to lose interest in this forum.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »
I've noticed Tom Bishop and many others have failed to respond to any of my points other than a one-line post that doesn't address the issue.  I'm starting to lose interest in this forum.

Quite frankly you have no points. Everything you bring up has already been comprehensively answered on these forums in the past. Do a search. In fact, every RE question on this forum has already been accurately explained almost two hundred years ago by Samuel Birley Robotham.

mightyfletch

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
I have yet to see any FEer explain how Coriolis works on a flat Earth.  Absolutely no one.  Not one single person on this forum can counter my undeniable meteorological principles that can only work on a spherical Earth.  All I get is empty explanations.  Come on Flat Earth Society, send me anyone who has any solid response!
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

mightyfletch

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 09:10:54 PM »
All Tom Bishop can do is say, No your wrong.  What kind of an explanation is that?

Explain why The Subtropical Jet exists?   In itself, it entirely proves a round Earth.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:15:01 PM »
I have yet to see any FEer explain how Coriolis works on a flat Earth.  Absolutely no one.  Not one single person on this forum can counter my undeniable meteorological principles that can only work on a spherical Earth.  All I get is empty explanations.  Come on Flat Earth Society, send me anyone who has any solid response!

The Coriolis Force has already been conclusively debunked years ago. Toilets don't flush a certain direction between hemispheres, and air currents don't travel in a certain direction. It's completely random. All observations  that suggest otherwise are completely coincidental.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »
The Coriolis Force has already been conclusively debunked years ago. Toilets don't flush a certain direction between hemispheres, and air currents don't travel in a certain direction. It's completely random. All observations  that suggest otherwise are completely coincidental.

If it's random, then why are its effects predictable?  You can't say that easily predictable phenomena all arise out of pure coincidence.  If you met a fortune teller who could consistently tell the future correctly, would you just say it's a coincidence?

mightyfletch

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »
I have yet to see any FEer explain how Coriolis works on a flat Earth.  Absolutely no one.  Not one single person on this forum can counter my undeniable meteorological principles that can only work on a spherical Earth.  All I get is empty explanations.  Come on Flat Earth Society, send me anyone who has any solid response!

Coriolis is the reason I can make accurate Weather Forecasts everday.  Coriolis is very measurable even in water.  Ocean currents circulate for the same reason around gyres.  Using a large flat shallow container with a small whole in the middle, (giving a couple of weeks for the water to settle), coriolisCAN be observed as this experiment has been accomplished before.  Without coriolis weather forecasting would be a big a big guessing game.  If there were no Coriolis, areas of lower pressure wouldn't circulate, they would just merely cause air to rise in a directly upward motion over the low pressure.   I'm sorry to post ad run, but I have to go and will return in about an hour.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
If it's random, then why are its effects predictable? 

I have two toilets in my house. I just did an experiment. One spins clockwise when flushed, the other spins counterclockwise when flushed.

Ocean currents circulate for the same reason around gyres.  Using a large flat shallow container with a small whole in the middle, (giving a couple of weeks for the water to settle), coriolisCAN be observed as this experiment has been accomplished before.

Snopes has shown this particular experiment to be flawed. The direction of the water when it flows down the drain has more to do with bowl shape, drain shape, container material, impurities of the water, outside vibrations, altitude, and the perpendicular angle of the ground.

You can't say that easily predictable phenomena all arise out of pure coincidence.

Regular weather parrerns may not be pure coincidence. But the locations of these cycles are.

Many areas of the world have regular cycles of weather patterns. Air currents in some areas regularly spin clockwise, while other areas may regularly spin counter-clockwise. It all depends on the shape of the land, distance from the ocean, season of the year, air density, air pressure, temperature, gas constant, humidity, et cetera. There are hundreds of variables which can affect weather. The Coriolis Force is not one of them.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:51:12 PM by Tom Bishop »

mightyfletch

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »
If it's random, then why are its effects predictable? 

I have two toilets in my house. I just did an experiment. One spins clockwise when flushed, the other spins counterclockwise when flushed.

Ocean currents circulate for the same reason around gyres.  Using a large flat shallow container with a small whole in the middle, (giving a couple of weeks for the water to settle), coriolisCAN be observed as this experiment has been accomplished before.

Snopes has shown this particular experiment to be flawed. The direction of the water when it flows down the drain has more to do with bowl shape, drain shape, container material, impurities of the water, outside vibrations, altitude, and the perpendicular angle of the ground.

You can't say that easily predictable phenomena all arise out of pure coincidence.

Regular weather parrerns may not be pure coincidence. But the locations of these cycles are.

Many areas of the world have regular cycles of weather patterns. Air currents in some areas regularly spin clockwise, while other areas may regularly spin counter-clockwise. It all depends on the shape of the land, distance from the ocean, season of the year, air density, air pressure, temperature, gas constant, humidity, et cetera. There are hundreds of variables which can affect weather. The Coriolis Force is not one of them.

The spin in toilet water is caused by the shape of the toilet, I agree with you on that.  But ocean currents do follow the coriolis effect.  Snopes can't claim to disprove that.

Hurricanes form over water without terrain influences and they always consistently form in counter-clockwise motions.  Can you find any source that says that when the wind is at your back that lower pressure is not to your left?  High pressure systems rotate clockwise and low pressure systems rotate counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere, always.  Regardless of terrain influences.  In fact, that attribute is 100% of the time increased as you move towards the pole.

http://www.uni.edu/~czarnetz/sfcsamp.jpg This is a surface weather analysis showing counter-clockwise rotation around a Low over the cetral plains area.  This data was not measured with satellites.  Regardless of the shape of the land, distance from the ocean, season of the year, air density, air pressure, temperature, gas constant, humidity, etc... low pressure systems ALWAYS behave this way.  If it were not so, I would not have a job.