Wait, what?

• 56 Replies
?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
Wait, what?
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »
I'm really not getting these "Flat Earth" theories.

First: Where are you getting your facts?  I get mine from a wondorous educational field called "science"(Perhaps you'ne heard of it?), I have no clue where you get your facts.

Second: Ice Guards.  What?  Where have you seen them?  What are they guarding, and why are they made of ice?  Are the Ice Guards those little cartoon polar bears on the side of the Icee machines in the 7/11?

Third:  I see three types of people here.  Christians who can't explain everything and replace "I don't know what causes gravity" with "God pushes the Earth upwards" or some other nonsense.  The other type are people who have a thing for odd, psuedo-science theories.  The last type of people are people like me, who actually want to know where you get your facts about the Earth being flat, where the Ice Guard thing came from, and why this website is still alive.

PS, I saw an Ice Guard once.  My D&D playing brother showed one to me.  I believe he called it an 'Ice Elemental'.  It wasn't that great because he was a pretty low level druid.  Maybe my brother's Ice Elemental is what you guys saw.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

Re: Wait, what?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

First: Where are you getting your facts?  I get mine from a wondorous educational field called "science"(Perhaps you'ne heard of it?), I have no clue where you get your facts.

Second: Ice Guards.  What?  Where have you seen them?  What are they guarding, and why are they made of ice?  Are the Ice Guards those little cartoon polar bears on the side of the Icee machines in the 7/11?

Third:  I see three types of people here.  Christians who can't explain everything and replace "I don't know what causes gravity" with "God pushes the Earth upwards" or some other nonsense.  The other type are people who have a thing for odd, psuedo-science theories.  The last type of people are people like me, who actually want to know where you get your facts about the Earth being flat, where the Ice Guard thing came from, and why this website is still alive.

PS, I saw an Ice Guard once.  My D&D playing brother showed one to me.  I believe he called it an 'Ice Elemental'.  It wasn't that great because he was a pretty low level druid.  Maybe my brother's Ice Elemental is what you guys saw.

Why do all these people have to come along to reinforce the FEers' beliefs about REers...

Read FAQ, Earth not a Globe, etc.

By the way, nobody ever said the ice guards were made out of ice...

It's no wonder you don't understand their theories; you didn't read anything about them.

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »

Why do all these people have to come along to reinforce the FEers' beliefs about REers...

Read FAQ, Earth not a Globe, etc.

By the way, nobody ever said the ice guards were made out of ice...

It's no wonder you don't understand their theories; you didn't read anything about them.

Mission failed. Read the faqs. It was just writing circles around itself.  I still don't get the NASA conspiring agianst the Flat Earth theory thing.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:24:52 PM »
Plus, if you say that the goverment can pull off such a big conspiracy as to convince everyone in the world that the world is round, then it should be no problem to brain wash the masses into thinking that this forum's hosting service went bankrupt or something along those lines.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:32:50 PM »
why are they made of ice?
What. The. Hell.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
What. The. Hell.

It's a joke. Ice Guards. They would be ice covered if they existed.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
Almost every FE'er is an atheist.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
Almost every FE'er is an atheist.

Thats nice.  Notice I didn't say there were one type of people here.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »
What. The. Hell.
It's the reefer, man.   

And as for the facts, they are right outside your window. 

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:39:40 PM »
What. The. Hell.
It's the reefer, man.   

Saying that I smoke pot just by going by my user name is about as smart as saying you use toothpaste to control the masses.  Plus, Whats outside my window? Some trees? A few cars? Some kids playing soccer? What part of those things is linked to a flat earth?
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
What. The. Hell.
It's the reefer, man.   

Saying that I smoke pot just by going by my user name is about as smart as saying you use toothpaste to control the masses.  Plus, Whats outside my window? Some trees? A few cars? Some kids playing soccer? What part of those things is linked to a flat earth?

dude.i think eviltoothpaste has a kindergarten outside his window which he likes to stare at lol

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:51:04 PM »
Toothpaste is mind control dentists use to pad their wallets.  My evidence is the fact that I brushed my teeth even after just typing the phrase.  I'm an anti-dentite. 

The point is can you prove the Earth is not flat without using sources influenced by the conspiracy? 

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »
Toothpaste is mind control dentists use to pad their wallets.  My evidence is the fact that I brushed my teeth even after just typing the phrase.  I'm an anti-dentite. 

The point is can you prove the Earth is not flat without using sources influenced by the conspiracy? 

so what your saying is you don't brush your teeth???? ew grosse

well have fun with yellow teeth and holes in them :S

actually can you prove the earth is flat without using the FE conspiracy sources???

yep, FE is a conspiracy

don't say it isn't because if u state that RE is a conspiracy, logically, i can believe FE is one

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 10:58:04 PM »

You have writen me into a corner **ALMOST**
By your paranioa, anything can be part of THE conspiracy.  This could include the very members of your community that are just pretending to go along with the FE theory.  This means that anybody can be part of the conspiracy.  So, I submit to you, constellations.
How come certain constellations can only be viewed in certain parts of the globe at certain times in the year?  By the FE theory, we should be able to see all the constellations all the time.  Oh well, I just wait for your "READ THE FAQ" or "YOUR A LIAR" or "METEORS [blahblahblah]" comment.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 11:01:40 PM »

so what your saying is you don't brush your teeth???? ew grosse

well have fun with yellow teeth and holes in them :S

actually can you prove the earth is flat without using the FE conspiracy sources???

yep, FE is a conspiracy

don't say it isn't because if u state that RE is a conspiracy, logically, i can believe FE is one
I do not care what you believe, honestly.  You may think whatever you like, my friend. 

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:19 PM »
By your paranioa, anything can be part of THE conspiracy.  This could include the very members of your community that are just pretending to go along with the FE theory.  This means that anybody can be part of the conspiracy.  So, I submit to you, constellations.
How come certain constellations can only be viewed in certain parts of the globe at certain times in the year?  By the FE theory, we should be able to see all the constellations all the time.  Oh well, I just wait for your "READ THE FAQ" or "YOUR A LIAR" or "METEORS [blahblahblah]" comment.
Do a search. 

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »

By your paranioa, anything can be part of THE conspiracy.  This could include the very members of your community that are just pretending to go along with the FE theory.  This means that anybody can be part of the conspiracy.  So, I submit to you, constellations.
How come certain constellations can only be viewed in certain parts of the globe at certain times in the year?  By the FE theory, we should be able to see all the constellations all the time.  Oh well, I just wait for your "READ THE FAQ" or "YOUR A LIAR" or "METEORS [blahblahblah]" comment.

nice point

extremely logcal

as u can guess, i have a thing for things to be logical (ie, i like theories to actually make sense :P) hehe

its like the idea of the "spotlight" sun

if it is a spotlight, it would not be circular from dawn till dusk, if it indeed centres on parts of the earth, we would see it turning

therefor it wouldn't stay circular and would actually turn into a sort of oblong before it became night time hehe

FE is so flawed

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »
Do a search. 

I did do a search.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Crazy+ass+flat+earth+theories
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 11:06:50 PM »
Do a search. 

I did do a search.

lmao

the second link killed me with laughter

"Group Hug - Forum - Round Vs Flat Earth
I am so getting on this crazy train. Flat Earth! It's flat! ... house and it smells like Satan's ass after he eats his weight in cabbage and bean burritos. ..."

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 11:09:38 PM »
I did do a search.
Why are you wasting your time here?

if it is a spotlight, it would not be circular from dawn till dusk, if it indeed centres on parts of the earth, we would see it turning

therefor it wouldn't stay circular and would actually turn into a sort of oblong before it became night time hehe

FE is so flawed
You should read EricTheRed's threads. 

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 11:11:54 PM »
I did do a search.

FE is so flawed

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Eric+the+Red

Eric the Red is a Viking.  You fail.
You see? This is what it feels like to be talked to in retard logic.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
I did do a search.

FE is so flawed

you see. he is part of the conspiracy to turn ppl into idiots so i will not listen to him

u see how stupid conspiracies sound now???

basically, not many FE ppl speak logically

they come up with wat seems like a clever answer but when u really think about it, it is actually hugely floored

like giving a car only one wheel
may seem a good idea to save petrol but it's actually useless

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 11:24:03 PM »
I'm impressed by your ability to use google search, Hippy. 

you see. he is part of the conspiracy to turn ppl into idiots so i will not listen to him

they come up with wat seems like a clever answer but when u really think about it, it is actually hugely floored

You may believe whatever you wish about Eric. 

You're asking questions and I'm giving directions to answers.  If you are not going to ask an original question about the FES, I'm merely going to ask you to use the search feature. 

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »

You're asking questions and I'm giving directions to answers.  If you are not going to ask an original question about the FES, I'm merely going to ask you to use the search feature. 

Why the search feature? Because you cannot explain the theory yourself?
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »

There are many topics that FE doesn't prove

if you really want to be helpful. read my "self-fulflfilling prophecy" post

that will have quite a few interesting points that disprove FE

don't worry, its not slanderous. it's a serious post

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 11:50:06 PM »
Your post is full of unsourced claims, incorrect science, and irrelevant ideas. 

I do not want to explain the theory every time someone new joins the forum.  So ask your cliched questions and I will direct you to the search feature. 

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »
Your post is full of unsourced claims, incorrect science, and irrelevant ideas. 

I do not want to explain the theory every time someone new joins the forum.  So ask your cliched questions and I will direct you to the search feature. 

really? is that why i state many times that you can test it yourself????

have you? no? well you can't give an opinion to something you havn't tested that i've told you is easily testible.
thats like saying "all fat ppl are fat cus they're big boned" when we know majority eat too much

Basically, you have not given any evidence to disprove me either
evidence is needed good boy

you see, mines physics 101 so you can find the proof in your local library (so many ppl seem to be refferring ppl to read boks so ill do the same)

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »
you see, mines physics 101 so you can find the proof in your local library (so many ppl seem to be refferring ppl to read boks so ill do the same)

Please name a single book that demonstrates beyond all power of doubt that the earth is a globe.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 11:59:35 PM »

have you? no? well you can't give an opinion to something you havn't tested that i've told you is easily testible.
Have you conducted these experiments?  No?  Then, LOGICALLY, you cannot make any claim about their validity. 

You have not given any evidence to prove yourself, why should I even have to disprove your claims?

Do you trust everything you read?

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »

Have you conducted these experiments?  No?  Then, LOGICALLY, you cannot make any claim about their validity. 

You have not given any evidence to prove yourself, why should I even have to disprove your claims?

Do you trust everything you read?

actually yes i have done these experiments. If i didn't do them myself, i wouldn't be telling other ppl to do it to prove it to themselves. so logically i can explain findings. don't assume

o wait your an FE, thats all you do

any idea where there's proof and FE's flare up lol

and yes, there is proof, conduct the experiments.then try and disprove yourself

did u even read my post?you have to read up on theories and i don't believe any theory that hasn't shown substantial evidence

but your being a hypocrit there

You had to read about FE. do believe everything you read?