Height of the Ice Wall

• 21 Replies
Height of the Ice Wall
« on: March 07, 2007, 01:43:45 PM »
I have a question for FE, how did the Ice wall get to be 150 ft or so? What caused it to build such height?

Another question is that, how do you know it is roughly 150ft? I don't believe any of you have seen it.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Re: Height of the Ice Wall
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
Water splashing up to the top of the wall. It's just speculation, but seeing as eventually water would probably splash above the wall sometimes, that water would be frozen due to the extreme cold, and thus it can be justly presumed it's SOMEWHERE around 150 feet.

~D-Draw

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
It used to be a lot higher, but on 9-11 the terrorists crashed planes into and knocked off the uppermost layers making is shorter.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:02:18 AM »
question

ice is made of water

the planet used to be molten which means ice came second

how would the water not simply flow over the edge before the ice wall was ever created???

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
question

ice is made of water

how would the water not simply flow over the edge before the ice wall was ever created???

By the time the water got to the point of where the ice wall is, it started to freeze. It froze because it is cold. It is quite possible that some water, in unsubstantial amounts, water went over the side.
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
question

ice is made of water

I'm guessing that some water flowed over the edge, too. However, since space is known to be extremely freaking cold (in scientific terms), I'm guess that water came to Earth as solid ice, not liquid water. As it must've crashed into the Earth when the Earth was kind of molten, it would melt and create land easily, but as it started melting and pouring over the side (as well as evaporating and creating an atmosphere), the water would freeze pretty quickly due to the aforementioned extremely freaking coldness of space. And then, also, as the tides get higher in some parts and begin splashing over the sides, that water would freeze right away as well, making the ice wall the perfect height to contain the water.

Pretty simple stuff, really.

~D-Draw

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »

~D-Draw

Tell me about it.
Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
Water splashing up to the top of the wall. It's just speculation, but seeing as eventually water would probably splash above the wall sometimes, that water would be frozen due to the extreme cold, and thus it can be justly presumed it's SOMEWHERE around 150 feet.

~D-Draw

Really.  Well although your explanation seems sound, I would like to know from precisely which region from within your ass that you pulled that number out of.
Specific link, with valid calculations only please.  No read faq, book, or listen to this abundance of conjecture.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »
Water should still be flowing over the edge because ice is not impermeable, even large ice sheets several kilometres thick still have water flowing underneath and/or through it. Also, what is keeping the ice wall in place? Firstly, sea ice does not freeze all the way down to the ocean floor, because as you descend through the water, the pressure increases which alters the freezing point of water. Secondly, if it did reach the ocean floor, how can it be strong enough to withstand the vast pressure of all the ocean's water, especially if there isn't anything on the other side of the ice wall to support it? Surely, the high stresses and strains caused from the shear volume of water pushing against the ice wall would cause it to shear, and slip? Finally, what is keeping the rock below the ice wall in place? Rocks are not solid on the macro scale, as even mountain ranges such as the Himalayas behave in a fluid like motion (the vast weight of the orogenic belt results in the range acting like a blob of treacle which starts to spread outwards under its own weight), only at a very high viscosity. I fail to see how the underlying lithosphere, and asthenosphere can suddenly end laterally. The immense pressures and shears would cause the earth to keep on thinning until it competely dispersed itself (mountains would be impossible to form).

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:22:01 PM »
question

ice is made of water

I'm guessing that some water flowed over the edge, too. However, since space is known to be extremely freaking cold (in scientific terms), I'm guess that water came to Earth as solid ice, not liquid water. As it must've crashed into the Earth when the Earth was kind of molten, it would melt and create land easily, but as it started melting and pouring over the side (as well as evaporating and creating an atmosphere), the water would freeze pretty quickly due to the aforementioned extremely freaking coldness of space. And then, also, as the tides get higher in some parts and begin splashing over the sides, that water would freeze right away as well, making the ice wall the perfect height to contain the water.

~D-Draw

well at least this is a lot more plausible than what the "astronomy 101" guy put in another post. calling me a liar lol. if he's so highly rated, why shout such abuse over a simple theory???

thank u for being logical

all my arguments (which there have been a lot of lately) have majorly been based on logic which can be self tested (btw, i said majorly, not all) so to get slanderous "highly rated members" is appaling lol

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »
Oh yeah? Well, all of your opinions are invalid.  The Ice Wall is really where 7/11s take their old Icee Drink machines.

You see? That made no sense! Yet, for some reason, equally nonsensical arguements are being made on the side of the FE'ers.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »
Oh yeah? Well, all of your opinions are invalid.  The Ice Wall is really where 7/11s take their old Icee Drink machines.

You see? That made no sense! Yet, for some reason, equally nonsensical arguements are being made on the side of the FE'ers.

lmao

the only problem with that response i received about the ball of ice is the fact that for it to get to the edge of the "flat earth", it would need to break down and move

this is only accomplishable by melting it into water, letting it spread and then freeze it when it reaches the edge

it's all illogical. the fact there is no proof is bad enough but logic must be the main priority first

if it doesn't make sense, why say it??? lol

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 10:49:20 PM »

lmao

the only problem with that response i received about the ball of ice is the fact that for it to get to the edge of the "flat earth", it would need to break down and move

this is only accomplishable by melting it into water, letting it spread and then freeze it when it reaches the edge

it's all illogical. the fact there is no proof is bad enough but logic must be the main priority first

To quote the smartest FE'er here, Astronomy101...
"YOUR A LAIR, READ THE FAQ*."
Other variations include "FAq", "faq", and "fAq".  Which one are we supposed to read?
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 10:52:09 PM »

lmao

To quote the smartest FE'er here, Astronomy101...
"YOUR A LAIR, READ THE FAQ*."
Other variations include "FAq", "faq", and "fAq".  Which one are we supposed to read?

i think we should just go outside and look at the horizon lmao. according to FE it's an optical illusion that things disappear over the horizon yet they fail to notice that gas doesn't have the property to distort that way lmao

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 10:52:20 PM »
The ice wall is not made of ice.  It is rock covered in snow and ice.  It's just that 'ice wall' has a nice ring to it.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

ThatHippyMan

• Afro Wizard
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:18 PM »
The ice wall is not made of ice.  It is rock covered in snow and ice.  It's just that 'ice wall' has a nice ring to it.

WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG!
Its not rocks, its Icee Machines.  The goverment doesn't want us to know about 7/11 stores dumping Icee Machines in the antarctic/arctic area instead of recycling them.
Earth=globe
Earth=/=Flat map

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »

WRONG, YOU ARE WRONG!
Its not rocks, its Icee Machines.  The goverment doesn't want us to know about 7/11 stores dumping Icee Machines in the antarctic/arctic area instead of recycling them.

i think there's no such things as guards there

i think santa's secret workshop is really there and he doesn't want anyone knowing

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »
well at least this is a lot more plausible than what the "astronomy 101" guy put in another post. calling me a liar lol. if he's so highly rated, why shout such abuse over a simple theory???

all my arguments (which there have been a lot of lately) have majorly been based on logic which can be self tested (btw, i said majorly, not all) so to get slanderous "highly rated members" is appaling lol

Lawl. Astronomy 101 isn't a highly-rated member, he's a damned troll.

~D-Draw

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 12:27:18 AM »

~D-Draw

lol

he seems to think he is. but then again, he just keeps saying "ask tom" or "search for ****" lol

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »

~D-Draw

does being a highly rated member of this site mean that you've achieved that you're one of the most ignorant stubborn beings on this planet ? what the fuck does being highly rated on this site have to do with nething of ne of the theories being true ?
With no south pole, there is no electromagnetism, giving us no protection from the sun's harmful radiation--we'd all be dead right now.
The ice wall, supposedly made up of antartica lies around the edge of the earth, why no one has recorded it, who knows

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 12:41:17 AM »
does being a highly rated member of this site mean that you've achieved that you're one of the most ignorant stubborn beings on this planet ?
No it means you have proven that you're an intellectual person who devotes some time to the forum discussing and debating these issues.

what the fuck does being highly rated on this site have to do with nething of ne of the theories being true ?
It doesn't.

~D-Draw

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 12:42:06 AM »

~D-Draw

does being a highly rated member of this site mean that you've achieved that you're one of the most ignorant stubborn beings on this planet ? what the fuck does being highly rated on this site have to do with nething of ne of the theories being true ?

you see, highly established scientists go into journals. a journal is a published material that displays important experiments

for something to be creditable, it needs proof

i can rant about FE all day but the fact of the matter is, i don't need to prove RE because any science teacher can do that

but i've seen no real proof for FE. just theory