Poll

what is an horizon then? why cant we fall off the edge of the world? how on earth does this make sense?

wormholes!!!!
5 (71.4%)
i have no idea
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 5

horizons

• 111 Replies
horizons
« on: March 07, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »
its not a conspiracy!!!!!!
"everyones out to get us"......what benefit do they have?

Re: horizons
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
its not a conspiracy!!!!!!
"everyones out to get us"......what benefit do they have?

Please read the FAQ and Earth: Not a Globe before you make any more of these stupid fraking comments.
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »
seriously, youre all wasting  your lives on some fairy tale.....settle down, get an education ( if possible) get a family, and have a nice life......stop wasting your days away on here.........if you really believe its true, then if its the government, you cant exactly do anything about it can you?

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »
seriously, youre all wasting  your lives on some fairy tale.....settle down, get an education ( if possible) get a family, and have a nice life......stop wasting your days away on here.........if you really believe its true, then if its the government, you cant exactly do anything about it can you?

You can get the proletarians to rise and destroy established order with molotov cocktails and smokebombs nimwit
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:45:44 PM »
Then why don't they? Because even the "inferior" working class can work out that the Earth is round. Everyone can. Is it not obvious?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
Then why don't they? Because even the "inferior" working class can work out that the Earth is round. Everyone can. Is it not obvious?

If it's so obvious please prove that the earth is a sphere right here in this thread.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
Rachmaninoff, why don't you try to make a point with your threads to prove your point instead of ranting about the "stupidity" of FE'ers.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »

Done
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
Pictures don't prove anything. Here's an picture of the flat earth taken by Space Shuttle Endeavor from it's maiden flight on May 7th 1992, at an altitude of 195 nautical miles. It is an untouched photograph taken from a 35mm camera with a diagonal of 43 mm. It uses a normal lens of 50mm focal length. No zoom is applied.

http://i17.tinypic.com/2rwn4i1.jpg
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:55:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
Ferdinand Magellan went around the Earth in 1518-1521. Are you suggesting that his Navigation systems suddenly changed his direction to go back around? Or has this conspiracy gone on since the dawn of time?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
Pictures don't prove anything. Here's a picture of the flat earth taken at an altitude of 198 nautical miles:

I pitty you. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 01:57:06 PM »
Ferdinand Magellan went around the Earth in 1518-1521. Are you suggesting that his Navigation systems suddenly changed his direction to go back around? Or has this conspiracy gone on since the dawn of time?

Read the FAQ. Circumnavigation is completely possible on the Flat Earth.

North is Hubward, South is Rimward, East is Turnwise, and West is Widdershins.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »
Some searching found this.  I like the constellation part.
Question:
Who figured out the Earth is round?

Answer:
It has actually been known that the Earth was round since the time of the ancient Greeks. I believe that it was Pythagoras who first proposed that the Earth was round sometime around 500 B.C. As I recall, he based his idea on the fact that he showed the Moon must be round by observing the shape of the terminator (the line between the part of the Moon in light and the part of the Moon in the dark) as it moved through its orbital cycle. Pythagoras reasoned that if the Moon was round, then the Earth must be round as well. After that, sometime between 500 B.C. and 430 B.C., a fellow called Anaxagoras determined the true cause of solar and lunar eclipses - and then the shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during a lunar eclipse was also used as evidence that the Earth was round.

Around 350 BC, the great Aristotle declared that the Earth was a sphere (based on observations he made about which constellations you could see in the sky as you travelled further and further away from the equator) and during the next hundred years or so, Aristarchus and Eratosthenes actually measured the size of the Earth!
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »
Pythagoras reasoned that if the Moon was round, then the Earth must be round as well.

Fallacy. The moon is not the earth.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za50.htm

After that, sometime between 500 B.C. and 430 B.C., a fellow called Anaxagoras determined the true cause of solar and lunar eclipses - and then the shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during a lunar eclipse was also used as evidence that the Earth was round.

A two dimensional shadow on the moon does not mean that the earth is a sphere.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za29.htm

Around 350 BC, the great Aristotle declared that the Earth was a sphere (based on observations he made about which constellations you could see in the sky as you travelled further and further away from the equator) and during the next hundred years or so, Aristarchus and Eratosthenes actually measured the size of the Earth!

Since the stars are only a few thousand miles away from the earth in FE, they would also appear to change as you traveled further and further away from the equator.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za37.htm

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za48.htm
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:28:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 02:25:33 PM »
How do you say pictures cannot be used as evidence because they are fallible, then show a picture.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 02:42:31 PM »
How do you say pictures cannot be used as evidence because they are fallible, then show a picture.

The same way you RErs can show us a picture of a Round Earth and expect us to believe it at face value.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
So, why did you show me a picture that you don't expect people to believe?

I wasn't talking about all FE'ers by the way, I was only communicating my point to you. You are the only FE'er I've seen to claim a picture as proof of a flat Earth.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
So did Endeavour visit some other spherical Earth-like planet aswell then Tom?

http://praxis.pha.jhu.edu/pictures/photopg.html

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
Pythagoras reasoned that if the Moon was round, then the Earth must be round as well.

Fallacy. The moon is not the earth.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za50.htm

After that, sometime between 500 B.C. and 430 B.C., a fellow called Anaxagoras determined the true cause of solar and lunar eclipses - and then the shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during a lunar eclipse was also used as evidence that the Earth was round.

A two dimensional shadow on the moon does not mean that the earth is a sphere.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za29.htm

Since the stars are only a few thousand miles away from the earth in FE, they would also appear to change as you traveled further and further away from the equator.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za37.htm

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za48.htm

Do the math.  O wait I just did. 
A star 90 degreesa bove one side of the "flat" Earth  1000 light years way will be seen 1000 light years away from the other side of the Earth, 24,900 miles away.  1000 light years is so much further then 24,900 miles that 24,900 doesn't matter.  This book is so full of errors its not even funny.

Aristotle did it by what he saw.  This book does it as thought experiments as seen by a 3 grader.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
Pictures don't prove anything. Here's an picture of the flat earth taken by Space Shuttle Endeavor from it's maiden flight on May 7th 1992, at an altitude of 195 nautical miles. It is an untouched photograph taken from a 35mm camera with a diagonal of 43 mm. It uses a normal lens of 50mm focal length. No zoom is applied.

(Bold emphasis mine) Umm... The EXIF data would suggest otherwise...

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »

(Bold emphasis mine) Umm... The EXIF data would suggest otherwise...

Haha nice call Ambassadork.

Tom, you're pretty good with Photoshop CS2.... You should get in on all that conspiracy money.

For everyone that wants to check, just save his image, go to properties, and go to summary.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »
is terry pratchett your god?

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
is terry pratchett your god?

Terry Pratchett wasn't the person who created the idea of 4 elephants and a turtle.  It's apparently an ancient Hindi belief. 

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 12:16:48 PM »
If it's a NASA conspiracy, then why the hell would they take pictures of the Earth that show it's flat? I mean, "make" pictures in Paint Shop Pro. Isn't that a bit like George Bush giving strong evidence that he was involved with 9/11? Not even someone as stupid as George Bush would do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Tim Bishop

• Tom's Brother
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »
Again. No one has proved the earth is round as I can.
Yes, it is a birthmark.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
You prove the Earth is flat then (or at least give me one more bit of evidence to show it is flat). And you still haven't explained why NASA would make a picture disproving their own conspiracy. How come if you go from London to New York it's quicker to go North West and make the journey in a semi-circle?

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
yeah, they have to follow geodesics, due to the curvature of the earth......can only happen on a round earth.......

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »
I like the way that if you find a question you don't like, you just plain ignore it. Please answer my questions. I am intrigued as to what your explanations are.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »
How come if you go from London to New York it's quicker to go North West and make the journey in a semi-circle?
Because...it's shorter.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »
What makes it shorter?