This is Not a Pipe

• 211 Replies
Re: This is Not a Pipe
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2007, 09:42:19 PM »
Thank you, I was wrong. I'd rather behave in a wise manner, than be a stubborn fool. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Sorry but not only were you most assuredly a stubborn fool, you were an abusive flamer.

I didn't see any proof until now. I seen proof from a source, now I concede. You can't just win an argument by screaming as loud as you can. Nothing gets done. I was never being stubborn, I merely ASKED for sources.
Why does an argument have to be sourced to be valid? You were completely ignoring our arguments, and then I went and edited it into Wikipedia (which was an improvement to the article, by the way) and you suddenly realized the error of your ways. The important thing to consider from any argument is the content, not the source. The source of a fact matters, because there's a question of whether or not the fact is trustworthy. The source of an argument does not, because you don't need to know whether or not to trust the source; you need only examine the argument to see if it is correct or incorrect.

Furthermore, I wasn't the one constantly attacking my sexuality, like Racist, or whatever his alias is. The other one just spewed out a bunch of insults in the most hastily, and incorrect manner and then made their point.
When you dish out the insults, don't be surprised when you get some back.

The worst I said was: you fail.
That is complete and utter bullshit.
Man, just fuck you. You're hopelessly stupid.

I'd rather behave in a wise manner, than be a stubborn fool.
It's waaaay too late for that.

I know the content is what is important, but just CLAIMING something makes no sense. I claim that mole-people exist. This may be true, but without evidence, or a source of this knowledge of any sort, it's an unsubstantiated claim that does NOT need to be believed.

Still, the argument you placed was different than what I had observed from multiple sources. I mean, I've heard the misconception of "people only use 3-5% of their brains," but I easily was able to find a source the disproves it.

Also, the argument for 90% of this time was this, "WELL YOU JUST DUMB."

Look, I conceded, I don't need to reply anymore. Thanks for explaining.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:43:59 PM by SPrinkZ »
ah.

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:51 PM »
I know the content is what is important, but just CLAIMING something makes no sense. I claim that mole-people exist. This may be true, but without evidence, or a source of this knowledge of any sort, it's an unsubstantiated claim that does NOT need to be believed.
People started out by giving you the argument why what you were saying was incorrect. You ignored their argument and responded by saying, "you fail" and worse. That's when people started calling you stupid, because you had already provided them good evidence of that fact.

Look, I conceded, I don't need to reply anymore. Thanks for explaining.
You conceded that you were wrong, but you're still trying to say that it was because nobody gave you a convincing argument, which is entirely false. People explained your mistake, and you couldn't come up with anything other than "you fail" for four whole pages. Besides, there's nothing better than winning an internet argument, and then explaining to the loser, in detail, with long point-by-points, why he's an asshole.
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »
 ::)

So if you claimed mole people existed and there was no source on the internet, we are to automatically assume that you are a liar for no reason other then that no one else in the whole wide world has ever had experiences with them?

So what happens if you were telling the truth? Everyone who previously did not believe you now swallow their tongues and say "sorry, we didn't believe you" not "thank you for showing us the truth!!!!!".

There is a BIG difference between being a skeptic and being an asshole. Unfortunately most skeptics in the world are in fact assholes claiming to be skeptics (in no way am I indicating you Skeptical Scientist).
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2007, 10:10:44 PM »
There is a BIG difference between being a skeptic and being an asshole. Unfortunately most skeptics in the world are in fact assholes claiming to be skeptics (in no way am I indicating you Skeptical Scientist).
Well, if you wanted to claim I was both, my previous post in this thread would be pretty good evidence... ::)
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2007, 10:15:54 PM »
Well, if you wanted to claim I was both, my previous post in this thread would be pretty good evidence... ::)

You aren't claiming to be skeptical in order to deny evidence presented to you, or to ruin anyone else's fun. Nor are you being stubborn in the face of evidence and conventional discussion by demanding sources.

And if you ask for a source for my opinion I will hit you very very hard!

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2007, 10:24:53 PM »

You aren't claiming to be skeptical in order to deny evidence presented to you, or to ruin anyone else's fun. Nor are you being stubborn in the face of evidence and conventional discussion by demanding sources.

Do you have a source for this?

Anyways, I wasn't saying that my post was justification for saying I'm not really being a skeptic, it was justification for saying that I'm an asshole for completely unrelated reasons. :P
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2007, 10:26:40 PM »

Do you have a source for this?

Anyways, I wasn't saying that my post was justification for saying I'm not really being a skeptic, it was justification for saying that I'm an asshole for completely unrelated reasons. :P

"Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you are an asshole".

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »
I don't need to respond to this drivel. I explained my point, I'm sorry you can't see it.

Person A creates an argument.
6 sources say Person A is a complete fucking moron.
Person B is now skeptical of person A's argument.
Person A calls him a dumb fucktard.
Person B calls them a dumb fucktard.

etc. etc.
ah.

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
I don't need to respond to this drivel. I explained my point, I'm sorry you can't see it.

Person A creates an argument.
6 sources say Person A is a complete fucking moron.
Person B is now skeptical of person A's argument.
Person A calls him a dumb fucktard.
Person B calls them a dumb fucktard.

etc. etc.

Ok, here's how it went down:

Post 1:
Easiest paradox:

I always lie.

Initial reply:
Not really a paradox. You could draw from it that you only lie some of the time, and this is one of those occasions.
This argument is correct, and it's the argument that you finally accepted 4 pages later, once I edited it into the Wikipedia page.

Your response:
It is a paradox. It's one of the best-known paradoxes. Always is an absolute, you could infer no such thing from it.
You are falling into a false dichotomy, thinking that the speaker must always lie or must never lie, and missing the possibility that he's lying now, but tells the truth at some other times.

Second reply - raist explains in more detail:
But if you're lying about always lying you could lie some of the time and still tell the truth some of the time. It's bullshit. Think about the exception. If i don't lie all the time, i could lie some of the time, like in the statement "I always lie". You just make the assumption that if I don't lie all time I tell the truth all the time. There is no circular reasoning in that case. Think for once.

There you have it. In the first two responses you got after you first made your false claim, someone explained why you were wrong. He didn't cite sources, because he didn't need to cite sources - he explained your error himself.

Thereafter followed four pages of you denying that you had made a mistake, finally admitting it, and then denying that anyone provided evidence you had made a mistake. Apparently, to you, "evidence" means internet sourced of questionable quality, because if someone on the forums tells you why you're wrong, you don't listen, but if someone quotes a webpage with the exact same explanation, you finally accept it.

The moral of the story:
When six sources (one, in this example, since the rest of your sources said nothing of the sort) say that someone is wrong, and common sense says that she's right, you should follow your common sense, and not the sources. Especially if the sources are webpages created by invisible-pink-unicorn-knows-who, and an encyclopedia which anyone and their mother can edit.
That, and the fact that you are a complete fucking dolt.
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2007, 11:37:36 PM »
You're entitled to your belief.
ah.

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2007, 11:38:37 PM »
I think most of the people who posted in this thread share it. ::)
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2007, 11:54:13 PM »
I think most of the people who posted in this thread share it. ::)

Weren't you preaching that numbers of people (sources) do not equate to correct knowledge? Oh snap.
ah.

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »
I never said it was correct because people agreed with me. I gave ample evidence why it was correct. I merely pointed out that a growing number of people think you are a complete fucking dolt. Have a nice day.
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2007, 12:08:44 AM »
I never said it was correct because people agreed with me. I gave ample evidence why it was correct. I merely pointed out that a growing number of people think you are a complete fucking dolt. Have a nice day.

So people think I am a COMPLETE (absolute) dolt, because of my misconception? All right! If that's all it takes, why don't you learn some grammar and punctuation? Because I can take one instance of your misconception of punctuation/grammar rules and use that as evidence to claim you're a total idiot, but I don't think I can account the wealth of your knowledge for one thing. Bai. It's nighttime here.
ah.

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:02 AM »
It wasn't your misconception. It was the fact that it took four pages for you to realize your mistake, despite the fact that the first post explained the fallacy. If you had realized your mistake right away and admitted it, no one would have thought you stupid.
-David
E pur si muove!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2007, 12:33:24 AM »
It wasn't your misconception. It was the fact that it took four pages for you to realize your mistake, despite the fact that the first post explained the fallacy. If you had realized your mistake right away and admitted it, no one would have thought you stupid.
Not to mention you told everyone that they "failed" even though they were right (numerous times).

~D-Draw

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
Thank you, I was wrong. I'd rather behave in a wise manner, than be a stubborn fool. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Sorry but not only were you most assuredly a stubborn fool, you were an abusive flamer.

I didn't see any proof until now. I seen proof from a source, now I concede. You can't just win an argument by screaming as loud as you can. Nothing gets done. I was never being stubborn, I merely ASKED for sources.

Furthermore, I wasn't the one [bold]constantly attacking my sexuality, like Racist[/bold], or whatever his alias is. The other one just spewed out a bunch of insults in the most hastily, and incorrect manner and then made their point.

You sir, fail. Also, nice comma splice. Your quip is an abortion.

Calling you a virgin isn't questioning your sexuality. It simply challenges your social skills, which are obviously lacking.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:49:34 PM by Raist »

« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »

So people think I am a COMPLETE (absolute) dolt, because of my misconception? All right! If that's all it takes, why don't you learn some grammar and punctuation? Because I can take one instance of your misconception of punctuation/grammar rules and use that as evidence to claim you're a total idiot, but I don't think I can account the wealth of your knowledge for one thing. Bai. It's nighttime here.

At this point you are only adding loser to the long list of your failings as an intellectual.

I happen to think you are an idiot in every way possible. You could re-write the theory of gravity and win a noble peace prize tomorrow and I would continue to think you an idiot. An educated idiot albeit, but still an idiot.

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:24 PM »
Lol. I just assumed if he was THIS angry about being wrong there must be something pent up......

Well pent up sex drive might cause that, but there is an easy solution to that which doesn't require the aid of a second body of any type.

His behavior is clearly due to him lacking the ability to understand another point of view. This would cause social problems but some people get around that easily.

« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »

At this point you are only adding loser to the long list of your failings as an intellectual.

I happen to think you are an idiot in every way possible. You could re-write the theory of gravity and win a noble peace prize tomorrow and I would continue to think you an idiot. An educated idiot albeit, but still an idiot.

Then I guess I'll continue to think you're a bigoted fucktard.
ah.

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

Furthermore, I wasn't the one [bold]constantly attacking my sexuality, like Racist[/bold], or whatever his alias is. The other one just spewed out a bunch of insults in the most hastily, and incorrect manner and then made their point.

Calling you a virgin isn't questioning your sexuality. It simply challenges your social skills, which are obviously lacking.

Ever hear of a hooker? I've never known a person to have good social skills with a hooker. Even so, any moron can get laid. You could look at any one of my friends, they all managed to get laid somehow. Even though most of them are total fucktards.
ah.

« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »

Then I guess I'll continue to think you're a bigoted fucktard.

Well I'd have to say you have no idea what either of those terms mean. Especially since "fucktard" isn't even a word.

beast

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »

« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »
Fucktard is very much a word. A really, really good word!

« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2007, 05:52:20 PM »
God in this day and age anything can become a word. I suppose smacktard is a word too huh?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
Ever hear of a hooker? I've never known a person to have good social skills with a hooker. Even so, any moron can get laid. You could look at any one of my friends, they all managed to get laid somehow. Even though most of them are total fucktards.
Hey, that's not true. Hookers are people, too, you know!

Now, you on the other hand...well...that's up for debate.

~D-Draw

« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2007, 05:53:46 PM »
Shut it you smacktard.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »

Birds of a feather.

« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
God in this day and age anything can become a word. I suppose smacktard is a word too huh?

You're another one of those pseudointellectual twits who would declare with this holier-than-thou dignity that ain't isn't a word too, huh?
ah.

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »

Birds of a feather.

Trust me, I rarely flock with them. :P I rarely flock with many for that reason. Most people in my neighborhood are drug dealers, and/or prostitutes. It's hard to find someone to talk to.
ah.