Question Straight From the FAQ

• 12 Replies
Question Straight From the FAQ
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:33:27 PM »
"Q: If the moon is a spotlight, why can I see a "man" in the moon (shadows cast by the sun on the hills and mountains on it) last I checked a light can't contain shadows."

Has this been answered yet?
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

Re: Question Straight From the FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:15:47 PM »
"Q: If the moon is a spotlight, why can I see a "man" in the moon (shadows cast by the sun on the hills and mountains on it) last I checked a light can't contain shadows."

Has this been answered yet?

that is actually a good point. i never thought about that part of the FAQ until now, nor did I really care. I imagine an FE'er would say its some kind of illusion or something like that, or would tell you to read The Earth not a globe book. Those 2 are the most common responses for anything on here... anyways, if the moon were a spotlight of some sort, we would not see shadows and such from craters from the moon, it would be just a simple circle in the sky filled with light wouldnt it?

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »
There are two debated theories among the FE people, which is that the moon is not a spotlight and the other that states it is. So the theory that the moon is a spotlight is implausible.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »
The moon is whatever suits the argument at the time. Hey haven't I just said this about the sun?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »
When th moon and sun are described as spotlights, the author is describing the effects of its light on the earth. That is, the light from the sun and moon only reaches a limited circular area on the earth. This is why we cannot see the sun at night.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 09:15:32 AM »
Does that answer the question? Dont think so
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:33:42 AM »
When th moon and sun are described as spotlights, the author is describing the effects of its light on the earth. That is, the light from the sun and moon only reaches a limited circular area on the earth. This is why we cannot see the sun at night.

Strike one
"Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't need them and the bad people don't follow them so what good are they?"

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets

YL Groper

• Supreme Allied Commander of a local N.I.G.G.A.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »

Dum dum dum dum dum....
N.I.G.G.A. stole my bike, sir!

~D-Draw

N.I.G.G.A. Saved me alot of money on my car insurance.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »
That can't possibly be why we can't see the sun at night. Real reason plz thanks!

?

FlatMessiah

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »
The man you see on the moon is God. The spotlight reflects off of the mirrors at a bad angle, ruining God's invisibility trick.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
The man you see on the moon is God. The spotlight reflects off of the mirrors at a bad angle, ruining God's invisibility trick.

I was jsut about to say that actually. 

I would also like to add that he lives on the moon so he can watch you at night and make sure you dont masturbate. 

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »
This is such a good point that I thought I'd give it a bump back to life, to see if that good ol' Tom Bishop fellow can actually give a reply, rather than writing something unrelated to try and shut us up.

?

GrafikImage

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »
YA