The continuous work of the few

• 34 Replies

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:43:05 PM »
Last night I was sitting down in my library in front of my wood burning fire contemplating what science is and what it stands for.  I have deduced that science as it is currently taught is fraught with ill-fated theories that do not go anywhere.  I spend countless hours sitting in my library contemplating the meaning of life, why we have been deceived by an evil force.  Many people find it hard to believe that that the world could be flat, they believe that no one could keep this a secret, as someone would eventually expose the truth.  My theory is that nobody knows the truth not even the people who protect the Ice Wall.  You have to think of it this way, the program is kept in motion by no one, just people doing their assigned jobs.  When people are given orders they do not question it, people are continuing on with their small jobs and all of these people doing these small jobs formulate into one big job that no one is in charge of. It is a continuing conspiracy that is headed by no person. It was set up that way many years ago.

Re: The continuous work of the few
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Last night I was sitting down in my library in front of my wood burning fire contemplating what science is and what it stands for.  I have deduced that science as it is currently taught is fraught with ill-fated theories that do not go anywhere.  I spend countless hours sitting in my library contemplating the meaning of life, why we have been deceived by an evil force.  Many people find it hard to believe that that the world could be flat, they believe that no one could keep this a secret, as someone would eventually expose the truth.  My theory is that nobody knows the truth not even the people who protect the Ice Wall.  You have to think of it this way, the program is kept in motion by no one, just people doing their assigned jobs.  When people are given orders they do not question it, people are continuing on with their small jobs and all of these people doing these small jobs formulate into one big job that no one is in charge of. It is a continuing conspiracy that is headed by no person. It was set up that way many years ago.

set up by whom?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 09:47:33 PM »
I dont know, but it is set up and no one knows what they are working for

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
Re: The continuous work of the few
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:58:26 AM »
why we have been deceived by an evil force.

Why have we been deceived? How do you know they are evil if you don't know who they are?

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 08:10:28 AM »
bullhorn:

If you really believe that the earth is flat and there is a big conspiracy I suggest you to open your mind to alternatives ideas. I'm not saying to believe all the science if you think that we have been deceived, but open your head to consider that you can be wrong.

It is more likely that you may be laughing right now because I am taking you seriously, but if you really believe that the earth is flat, please don't get offended with what I am going to say, but consider to go to a psychologist or psychiatrist, if everything is OK no problem, if not, may be you can get help in this way.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 10:38:32 AM »
The reason I cannot believe that the earth is round is becuase I have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »
The reason I cannot believe that the earth is round is becuase I have seen no evidence to prove otherwise.

OK, if you need evidence then walk and go to a museum, ask for the Foucault pendulum, stay there at least four hours, see how the pendulum moves. Then ask someone in the museum why the pendulum moves, they will say: that's because the earth is spinning.
If you still don't believe, and you think that's part of the conspiracy and there is a electromagnet at the bottom of the pendulus,  then make your own pendulum.
You'll need a wire of at least 100 feet, and a place even highter. Then bind the wire there.
Then, hung something of about ten ponds bind to the other extremity of the wire.
Wait and see how the pendulum moves and make an explanation. If you don't find an easy explanation with the flat earth model and want to try an explanation with the round earth model, I suggest you to read about Coriolis force.

At least I gave you something to do that is much easier than going to space, and it's not expensice either.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »

Think for a minute about what you just said, and repost.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 03:40:45 PM »
First off wait to go catching either his Freudian slip or his poor syntax Erasmus. Second bulllhorn why the hell to you believe everything you've been taught is a lie maintained by an elaborate conspiracy controlled by NO ONE???? If you want proof the earth is round you've come to the right place browse this forum and see all the many mathmatic and practical proofs the make it blindingly obvious. ALso you've seen no proof because you disregard all widely accepted proof ie photos from space. God almighty man either get help or admit your a troll
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:00:54 PM »
Clin, I hope that you have read my previous posts, As I have said science and mathematics always change and viewpoints always change.  From the very basic principle of the earth appearing flat by viewing it.  You guys always point to pictures from space and to evidence that is to complex for the average man to understand.  You must forgive me but your evidence is nothing but fabrication to me.  I’m not the one who needs help my friend.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 07:58:53 PM »

what evidence have you seen for the existence of neutrinos?

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:27:33 PM »
Cinlef disturbingly uttered:

ALso you've seen no proof because you disregard all widely accepted proof ie photos from space

And I suppose the satellites that are responsible for these widely accepted photo's have your company/personal logo on the side? Widely accepted therefore becomes naively accepted. You cannot grasp the magnitude of the conspiracy because of the percieved complexity of maintaining misinformation over a massive popualtion, but go on to prove how educated people can accept information as gospel that is only available via distribution from closed sources.

Though initially difficult and requiring a varied array of movements, conspiracies become progressively easier to shroud as the larger the misinformed population becomes, the more self-perpetuating the myth (see moon landings).

God almighty man either get help or admit your a troll

I think you should go and admit you are being unwittingly used as a vessel of misinformation for your government FOR FREE I might add. If your going to do things for nothing my lawn needs mowing......

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
ZOORB, they have all be used as puppets in an elaborate setup. He will not admit that he is wrong. you and I know that.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 09:09:02 AM »

That sums up just about flat Earther on this forum. What you effectively said was, "I believe the Earth is flat because I have seen no proof that it is flat."

I assume you want to rephrase it? :)

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
As I have said science and mathematics always change and viewpoints always change.

Yes, they do, but not without reason.  In fact, science and mathematics have a lot of inertia -- they are quite resistant to change.  Changing the common scientific viewpoint requires providing falsifying evidence for a theory.  The evidence has to be confirmed by other scientists who attempt to reproduce the results of the experiment for themselves.

Suppose I want to introduce a new idea or refute an old one.  I've got to remember that the burden is on my shoulders to convince a large body of people, most of whose careers have been based on the ideas I'm fighting against.  If my work convinces them, it really says a lot -- that my work has been reviewed by my peers before it was ever published; that my audience has scrutinized it personally; that they have given it to their colleagues to scrutinze as well; and that they and there colleagues have either reproduced my results themselves or have seen very simply how they might be reproduced.  It's no small task to change science.

Mathematics is even harder, since most of the work done in this field is quite formal and is not subject to questions about hidden factors and experimental design.  It's usually impossible to refute old theories; a proof is a proof.  (Of course, this doesn't apply to new theories.)

Scientists do make a few assumptions.  First, they will usually believe what they have observed first-hand.  Secondly, they usually assume that published ideas and findings are not intentional lies -- but they will certainly assume that publications will be prone to errors.  The reason for all this is that they realize the limitations of the scientific method and of themselves as human beings.  In the former case, they know that no amount of examples constitutes a proof, but that one counterexample constitutes a refutation (that's why science is based not on providing explanations -- as flat-Earthers do -- but falsifications).  They also know that their interpretations are biased and fallible.  However, they still want to do something which resembles searching for truth, in such a way as to come to conclusions that are acceptable to the group, to the degree that so far the group agrees that a refutation of the conclusions is unlikely.

So yes, science and mathematics change -- but that is a strength, not a weakness.

From the very basic principle of the earth appearing flat by viewing it.

To reiterate a point I've made earlier, I live in a mountainous area.  There is nowhere I can look from my apartment that hints to me that the world might be flat.  To me, it looks spiky and irregular.  I'm not saying this is evidence that it's round; I'm just saying that while you may have some readily-available, easy-to-understand phenomenon that leads you to believe the Earth is flat, I am not burdened by this bias.

You guys always point to pictures from space

This is only a problem if you *begin* with the assumption that people are lying.  I begin with the assumption that while their claims may be false, they probably believe them to be true.

and to evidence that is to complex for the average man to understand.

Ships going over the horizon is very simple and very compelling.  I haven't  seen any coherent flat-Earth refutation of this evidence that's simple enough "for the average man to understand".  They always depend on the ad-hoc postulation of mechanisms you yourselves admit knowing little to nothing about (e.g. atmospheric effects).  You're applying a very damning double standard to "round Earth science" and "flat Earth science" -- stop it.

-Erasmus

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »
People!  Ask youselves this question.

Can people function as productive individuals whilst still holding a belief in a theory that is not mainstream?

The answer is of course YES!  Just because folks believe in a flat earth does not make them more prone to fall off it (I spose the ice walls would stop that), and as for science, most of scientific study is useless ego stroking bollocks.  There are thousands of students at this very moment completing theses on subjects that really don't matter a shit except to them and the poor sap that has to mark it.  Every now and againm someone comes up with something useful to everyday life.  But not often.  So if the world is a sphere how does that help my trip to the corner shop to buy beer?  Not at all.  May as well be flat.   In fact I cannot think of one instance whereby the existence of a flat or a round earth has benefitted my transit through life.  Much simpler to accept both possibilities and just live (or get a life).  Logic and metaphysics guide the phylosophical thought in these areas and they agree the possible existence of any shaped earth.

Are we to face logic in a stand off?

Probably!

answers on a postcard
ts obvious isn't it.  No one can prove a damn thing.  Especially in this of all possible worlds. LOL

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 05:59:51 PM »
bullhorn why is it I who am the one being used. My side has much evidence wheras your side has none. Give me 3 reasons I should question the roundness of the earth more than I being a philosopher (lit lover of wisdom) question everything?
An enraged
Cinlef

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 12:54:04 AM »
Quote from: "mikolaj_koppernigk=cojon"
So if the world is a sphere how does that help my trip to the corner shop to buy beer?  Not at all.  May as well be flat.   In fact I cannot think of one instance whereby the existence of a flat or a round earth has benefitted my transit through life.  

There are no satelites on a flat earth. So Satelite TV, internet, etc are not possible on a flat earth. Since the Apollo program is a fake, then every experiment carried out there is also fake.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »
There is no space, there are no satalites.  No person has ever been into space.  The earth is flat moving upwards in a void to produce the effects of gravity.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 05:49:30 PM »
There's no space? Huh? Is there a giant TV running a screensaver with a sun and stars on giant struts over the entire world? Who made it? Sony? Is it HD? Where can I get one?

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
prove or give me reason to believe any of your previous staments.

?

dgw

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 09:25:31 PM »
Gees bullhorn, you're a real thinker.

You must love conspiricy theories.

?

dgw

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 09:39:16 PM »
I want to know why you think elephants and turtles are holding up the flat earth and are moving upwards at 9.8m/s. I've never seen an elephant or turtle do this, have you? So following your logic bullhorn...I've never seen it therefore it cannot be true.

Don't tell me you've based your whole theory on something some guy said 2000 years ago (or there abouts). He was probably under pressure and quickly came up with it cos he could draw them the best.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 01:26:10 AM »
I dont think animals are holding the earth up.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 01:26:59 AM »
I base my arguments on sound ideas that I think make the most sense in my life.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 02:15:52 AM »
I base my arguments on sound ideas that I think make the most sense in my life.

Just to be pedantic and introduce some jargon, an argument is called sound if and only if it is valid (it is a fact that yours never are) and is based on true premeses (I believe that yours never are).

-Erasmus

p.s. is it possible that your life doesn't make a whole lot of sense?

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 10:56:38 PM »
There is no space, there are no satalites.  No person has ever been into space.  The earth is flat moving upwards in a void to produce the effects of gravity.

What evidence have you seen of the Earth's upward movement?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 06:40:40 AM »
Dawg: The bible says that you should not judge others and you should forgive the sinner.

Liberals: It does not say in the good book they are evil, so who are you to judge them?

The first Christian Chruch was technically communist, as all the believers shared out their possesions equally.

Jesus cannot forgive you for cannabilism, as it is not a sin.

Gays? It says in Leviticus that you should not eat pork or cut the hair over your ears. Do you do those things? Because if you don't, you can hardly take one part of the book and ignore the others.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 07:34:20 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I think it's time we said good bye to Dawg.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
Just a quick message for serious flat earthers, you're relying entirely on reactionary explanations rather than any real proof. You seem to be willing to dismiss labored and proven findings of thousands of years of science with whatever half-brained contradiction you can think off. Whereas the spherical Earth truth is based on a coherent collection of findings, the belies of flat earthers do not correlate in any respectable way to make a cromulent case for the physics of Earth

In summation, why would you believe in a vast, incredibly elaborate conspiracy when there is a perfectly plausible solution in a spherical Earth. It's Occum's razor, and isn't it far simpler that there is no worldwide conspiracy by billions of people for no particular reason.[/code]