Rockets cannot propel in space. Therefore no globe picture could have been taken

• 218 Replies
No,mag
Youre definitely not trying to answer or have a discussion.
Funny you join an fe forum to NOT talk about your views or how the earth is flat.
Instead you join this thread and tell tats that rockets do exist and that hes wrong in his beliefs.

I came on this thread to tell my fellow flat-Earthers that rockets do work. Not to try to convince round-Earthers that the Earth is flat. No matter how much you insist, I'm not going to debate you on the shape of the Earth. Because I really don't care what shape anybody thinks the Earth is. What I care about is how we flat-Earthers view the round-Earthers. As fellow inhabitants of this world, not as evil conspirators.

P.S. We have more in common than we have that's different. I figure, why focus on our one difference when we could instead focus on our agreements?

You claim
Yet say nothing.
So i call you out.

I came here for a battle of wits.
https://images.app.goo.gl/D4tNavry3kQBEbYYA

I make no claims. I hold my views. I came here to talk to like-minded folks.

And yet you have no mechanism for water to push off air.

Prove that there is no mechanism

Rockets in space prove it.
We re at a stale mate unless you concede.

Where’s the proof of rockets in space? It’s all hearsay and edited video.

Rockets in space prove it.
We re at a stale mate unless you concede.

The rockets that put satellites into orbit.

Macarios

To make edited video, you have to have raw video to begin with. :)
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist

Evidence is all around.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

No, YOU prove that rockets need air pressure to provide thrust when the simple application of conservation of momentum shows that they need none!

Rockets need no air to "push off" because most of their thrust is due to the rate of change of momentum of the exhaust gases.

There are numerous references to the derivation of this but I'm still looking for a simply presented one but they all end up as:

The source of that, at Rocket Thrust Equation, gives more details of the significance of the various terms.
Now that might come from NASA but they did not originate it.
The design of some rockets with their combustion chamber, choked De Laval's Nozzle and divergent bell date back to at least the work of Robert H. Goddard, Robert Goddard and His Rockets and almost the same in Robert Goddard: American Father of Rocketry

There is more discussion of the rocket thrust equation in ROCKET PROPULSION, Supplement #1, Rocket Nozzle Design: Optimizing Expansion for Maximum Thrust.

So, deny what you like but, not only do rockets need no air pressure but they provide more thrust in a vacuum that at sea-level.