A quesiton about the Flat Earth Conspiracy

• 5 Replies
?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« on: February 05, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
Okay flat earthers somethings occured to me.
At the moment you have no coherent view of your theory that holds up to scrutiny with logic and math. Okay but assuming you learn from the critisms of 6strings myself Mundi Erasmus and other rounnd earthers and form a coherent working model that explains all phenomenons? (I know your incapable of this but lets just assume this as a hypothetical scenario)
The your model will be at best JUST AS VALID AS THE ROUND EARTH ONE.
What will do? We'll need to rely on objective evidence (photos eyewitness accounts view from space etc) However  all round earth evidence like that (read photos of the round earth) are disqualified
So then are sole choice would be to determine whether the conspiracy theory is valid. It isnt. Here is why
Now knowing that the fewer people who know a secret the more likely the secret will stay secret (test this syourselves tell only one trusted friend a compromising secret then tell 10 friends a different compromising secret and see which one comes out first), we must conclude the more plausible conspiracy is the one that involves the least people.
Then we are presented with 2 explanations for evidence supporting a round earth.
 One implicates every scientis and astronomer since Copernicus (400+years) and every senior official in every government of the world since at least that time. Plus everyone at NASA.In a giant and seemingly pointless conspiracy
That is millions of people all of whom are keeping a tremendous secret and actively lying about it everyday of their lives
The other possible explanation is that a comparativly small number of flat earthers (in the thousands at most) many of whom are religious fanatics rascist or believe in alien loons or who seem to not understand basic math and logic. are simply due to ingroance or paranoia unable to accept the fact eh earth is round and having no evidence to support there case (beside misinterpreted Biblical quotes flawed math and even more flawed logic) persists anyway as the are to ignorant or blinded by dogma to see who deluded they are
Which is more plausible millions of people deceiving everyone for 400+ years or a few thousand wackos delude by paranoia or ingnorance???
Think about it
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:57:09 AM »
Agreed!  I mentioned someplace else that I find it much easier to believe that a handful of folks with a strange sense of humor or a stranger devotion to nihilism are trying to deceive me (i.e. they *know* the Earth is really flat) than that the combined forces of what is sure to be a large proportion of Earth's population have somehow set aside all their differences and come to the consensus that they need to stop trying to get more power, but instead, direct their energies to convincing the masses that the Earth is shaped differently than it really is.

Conclusion: flat-Earthers don't really believe what they preach -- they're lying to us!

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »
Wow, you guys are a real pair of back patting, butt slapping fan boys for the drones. It's powerful reading when the first poster takes 3000 words to say "its not possible for the world to be flat because the conspiracy is impossible" then tag teams with another nutcase who proceeds to back this nonsense up with "they don't believe its flat surely". The only thing I can't believe is why you guys aren't posting your perpetual drivel alone to each other on some deserted forum because it's obvious the only input you two require is only from each other and some cro magnon called mundi. I was honestly waiting for some QUESTION this thread seemingly refers to but instead was rudely assaulted by a host of STATEMENTS. Please re-read your mind numbingly rediculous hyperbole Cinlef and re-submit with the "intended" question  at the beginning of your predictable ranting - if you had one to begin with. Why you people have renaissance portraits as avatars when your minds are obviously in the dark ages is beyond me.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 07:14:43 PM »
Ah, where you've gone wrong there (other than the bit about drones and butt-slapping) is that I don't believe the conspiracy to be possible.  You guys have convinced me it is!  But what I've come to realize is that the conspirators aren't who you claim they are -- they're you!

Aside from that, well done with the ad hominem argument!  I can see why the global flat-Earth conspiracy would be proud to list your name among the ranks of their propaganda engine.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:24:38 AM »
Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"
rediculous hyperbole

Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"
takes 3000 words

I believe you used a hyperbole yourself so you cannot comment on his "hyperbole".

The question is here -

Quote from: "CINLEF"
"Which is more plausible millions of people deceiving everyone for 400+ years or a few thousand wackos delude by paranoia or ingnorance???"

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 05:00:57 PM »
Why do you assume a conspiracy? YOu have no evidence one exists, and mate there is a reason for people who think only they are truly sane....It ISNT Sane
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom