satellite phones

• 65 Replies
satellite phones
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »
how do satellite phones work if satellites don't exist?
s all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream? -Edgar Allen Poe

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Re: satellite phones
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »
Without satellites.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
Thousands of magical invisible towers or magical, invisible stratellites.

?

The Terror

• Flat Earth Propane Tank
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:19:34 PM »
Can't you see satellites orbiting the earth with a telescope?

?

EricTheRed

• Cogito et sum
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »
Thousands of magical invisible towers or magical, invisible stratellites.
No need - of course satellites exist, you'd have to be crazy to think of such a large scale conspiracy.  The only thing an FEer has to explain is why we need so many satellites: one, high enough, could cover the earth.  But of course, the "line of sight" to satellites via radio waves is the same as light (both are electromagnetic waves), so my curved light theory (The Why ships' hulls disappear, photos from space and other mysteries thread) is required.
Of course, FEers are free to believe in conspiracies, shadow objects and other unlikely phenomena, but curved light (electromagnetism) avoids that, so I think it's a better FE theory.
"Subtle is the Lord" Albert Einstein

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:02 PM »
Obviously they're not satellites
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:55 PM »
Why cant you lot just find one theory and all agree to stick to it? Cos all the FE'ers keep disagreeing with each other all the time which undermines the whole theory
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 12:24:18 PM »
They say they the signal comes from raidio and cell phone towers, which is complete BS cause i know 3 people who construct such towers and they dont agree.

?

EricTheRed

• Cogito et sum
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »
Come to think of it, I am using a satellite link to connect to the Internet to make this post.  And my wife's watching TV by satellite.  I can see which way the dishes are pointed on the side of my house, and I have an astronomical telescope.  I'll see if I can see the geosynchronous satellite with it, next time the clouds lift, but I've looked in the general direction and sure can't see any giant towers or anything else that way.

?

The Terror

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »
The Eiffel Tower could be one!

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
Why cant you lot just find one theory and all agree to stick to it? Cos all the FE'ers keep disagreeing with each other all the time which undermines the whole theory

RE scientists disagree with each other on the mechanisms for observable phenomena all the time. Why shouldn't FE proponents hold different views?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »

RE scientists disagree with each other on the mechanisms for observable phenomena all the time. Why shouldn't FE proponents hold different views?

Because you disagree on the stupidest things like the existence or non-existence of satellites. Thats something that can easily be verifed. Normal scientists disagree on more complex things

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 12:31:29 PM »

Because you disagree on the stupidest things like the existence or non-existence of satellites. Thats something that can easily be verifed. Normal scientists disagree on more complex things

I just started to type that... Plus, they are SCIENTISTS... tom is just some weirdo civillian

?

EricTheRed

• Cogito et sum
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »
If you read more of these threads, you'll find RE'ers being inconsistent.  Since almost all Earthlings believe in RE, and many of them are, let's say, less bright than others, it is surely no surprise that some FE'ers are too.  So why would you expect the smarter FE'ers to agree with the occasional less-than-intelligent idea?  Or do you believe in a giant FE conspiracy to force them all to say the same thing? 

?

The Terror

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
How are you defining "scientists"? People with science qualifications, people who work in a science related area or people who just believe stupid theories?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
The Eiffel Tower could be one!

lol I will check on that come spring break.  

Zach I asked satellite questions not that long ago.  They were never answered.  GPS was another idea where they said satellites weren't needed.  
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
If you read more of these threads, you'll find RE'ers being inconsistent.  Since almost all Earthlings believe in RE, and many of them are, let's say, less bright than others, it is surely no surprise that some FE'ers are too.  So why would you expect the smarter FE'ers to agree with the occasional less-than-intelligent idea?  Or do you believe in a giant FE conspiracy to force them all to say the same thing? 

Giant conspiracy..

Ok fair enough. But I expected that at least the more intelligent FE'ers which many claim to be, would agree on the most basic of principles of their theory

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
How are you defining "scientists"? People with science qualifications, people who work in a science related area or people who just believe stupid theories?

I'd define "scientists" as people with scientific qualfications and/or work in a science related area

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

I'd define "scientists" as people with scientific qualfications and/or work in a science related area
I'm a scientist!  Yes!

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »
You're a scientist? Whats your scientificly backed up opinion then?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »
Satellites don't exist.  There, I'm glad we put that to rest.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
And where's the science backing it up?  ;D

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »
He doesn't have any.  He still thinks GPS can work without them. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
Works through magic obviously

Can anyone answer me?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
And where's the science backing it up?  ;D
Simple thought experiment.  No gravity, no thrust, no altitude maintenance, crash into earth.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »
That doesnt explain anything to me. I'm stupid remember

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
Hold a pencil in your hand.  What is keeping it off the floor?  The force you are applying to it.  As long as you keep applying that force, the pencil will not fall to the floor.  Now, remove that force (stop accelerating the pencil) and it crashes into the floor.  That is what would happen to a satellite when it runs out of fuel.

-- Bob Hudson

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »
The pencil floated, must be magic

Ok so there cant be satellites cos they would crash to the earth once they stopped accelerating?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
That's the idea.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »
Hold a pencil in your hand.  What is keeping it off the floor?  The force you are applying to it.  As long as you keep applying that force, the pencil will not fall to the floor.  Now, remove that force (stop accelerating the pencil) and it crashes into the floor.  That is what would happen to a satellite when it runs out of fuel.

Except they dont run on fuel.  They are given a velocity in which is to fast for the Earth to pull in.  So all the Earth can do is make them orbit.  
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER