Why spend the money?

• 3 Replies
?

NDayave

Why spend the money?
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »

Isn't anyone else thinking WHY THE HELL WOULD THE GOVERNMENT WASTE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS DISPELLING THE 'FLAT EARTH THOERY'? Personally id let them know the world was flat and have a nice big payrise from all the money saved from NOT telling people the earth was flat and spend it on a yacht or something.
And why waste the money guarding a wall of ice anyone stupid enough to climb deserves to fall off the other side?

Seems a bit wasteful and stupid to me

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Why spend the money?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
Why do people spend billions on cell phone tones and why do people spend billions on lawn care. Becuase they can.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
Why spend the money?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Why do people spend billions on cell phone tones and why do people spend billions on lawn care. Becuase they can.

Governments don't just spend money because they're bored. They're not like people. There would be some sort of very important and at least mildly logical reason behind it. Until you can tell me what that reason might be, I'll find it hard to take your ideas seriously.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

Why spend the money?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:32:49 AM »
The difference is that what you're referring to is millions of people spending a couple of dollars on something willingly. If the government was covering up for a flat earth there would have to be billions of dollars put into altering photographs, changing the sky so everything looks round, subliminal messaging, etc. Where does all this money come from and what benefit does the government get from it?

Furthermore, if there was such a massive organization devoted to this deception, how come no one has let the word slip? It seems like with thousands of employees someone would find it kind of' interesting that the Earth is flat.