Simple Truth

• 48 Replies
?

Dark_Relix

Simple Truth
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:22:56 PM »
OK.. So I've read a few posts about what is at the end of this.. 'Flat Earth'.. In any case, wouldn't NASA see what the world is? Or Russia's 'NASA'.. Im sure if they are lieing there are a few political parties that would want to gain fame for exposing the world as it apparently is. Also if the world was flat.. How is there gravity? Gravity exists through large 'mass.' All the earth would be is a flat surface area.

Another little funny thing.. How can volcanoes exist.. Anyone care to debate the obvious truth? Prove to me my government is lying about nothing. Also.. If there is another side to the world.. Wouldn't there be people on the other side doing stuff, or something? lol

Re: Simple Truth
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »
Seriously, they tell you to read the FAQ first for a reason...

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 08:24:50 PM »
The whole NASA thing?  It's a conspiracy, according to them.  I'd believe the Earth is flat if it weren't for a ridiculous worldwide conspiracy, but alas, there is.
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
OK.. So I've read a few posts about what is at the end of this.. 'Flat Earth'.. In any case, wouldn't NASA see what the world is? Or Russia's 'NASA'.. Im sure if they are lieing there are a few political parties that would want to gain fame for exposing the world as it apparently is. Also if the world was flat.. How is there gravity? Gravity exists through large 'mass.' All the earth would be is a flat surface area.

Another little funny thing.. How can volcanoes exist.. Anyone care to debate the obvious truth? Prove to me my government is lying about nothing. Also.. If there is another side to the world.. Wouldn't there be people on the other side doing stuff, or something? lol

They dont like the obvious here.  You could take them in space and they would still thinkt he Earth is flat.  You have no idea how much I wish I had never found this thread.  It makes me so mad that people can think something which was dispovene over 500 years ago. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Dark_Relix

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
Also.. I do believe I've read the stupid FAQ. Also people that have been doing Global Warming campaigns and PETA.. Oh god. PETA would jump all over that like no tommorow.

So if there is massive ice wall.. Wouldn't ONE or TWO people OUT OF the whole population in the world stumple upon it and come back with knowledge, like give us a break.. NASA hasn't been out that long, or w.e they came up with to block us from seeing it.. America and w.e has only been really strong for the past hundred years. Im sure it would've been out and everyone knew about if it was true from before facts. I don't think it could be a secret for this long.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »
You would think that someone would find the wall, yet no one ever has.  All the planes just happen to miss it.  All the expeditions to the south pole never found a wall.  You have no idea what you got yourself into posting here lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Dark_Relix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
.. So basically this forum is about taking the obvious and saying, THERES A CHANCE THEY NEVA SAW DAT! or.. DAT GOVERNMENT RECKON BE BLOCK US A I RECKON THEY GETTIN' SOMETIN ELSE IN DER MIND!

Correcto mondo?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
yeah  pretty much. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
Tsk, now you've given them a chance to have a go at your intellectual capacity.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »
nasa isnt a conspircy
fuck nerds

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »
nasa isnt a conspircy
yes it is, tom bishop says so, go read the faq.

NASA pwns u

and so does Tom Bishop.... if the earth was a Final Fantasy game anyway

im joking by the way.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56:34 PM »
fuck tom bishop
fuck nerds

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 10:01:42 PM »

what's with them and always correcting people's spelling and grammar? This isn't an english class! Seems like anytime they can't answer a question, they look at your spelling errors, and point out how stupid we are.

Well, we might not be able to spell but at least we're not stupid enough to believe the earth is flat!

Ever stop to think english is not everybody's first language?

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »

what's with them and always correcting people's spelling and grammar? This isn't an english class! Seems like anytime they can't answer a question, they look at your spelling errors, and point out how stupid we are.

Well, we might not be able to spell but at least we're not stupid enough to believe the earth is flat!

fo real, finally a post that i can understand and agree with
fuck nerds

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

your first language was bleeps and bloops, and some other sound effects,  wasnt it? lol, just messing man

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 10:36:55 PM »

Hey, I'm just saying they'll take every chance to have a go at you.
I'm not saying RE'ers don't do this either, mind.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 10:44:58 PM »
OK.. So I've read a few posts about what is at the end of this.. 'Flat Earth'.. In any case, wouldn't NASA see what the world is?
Yes.

Or Russia's 'NASA'..
RASA.

Im sure if they are lieing there are a few political parties that would want to gain fame for exposing the world as it apparently is.
But they don't know.

Also if the world was flat.. How is there gravity? Gravity exists through large 'mass.' All the earth would be is a flat surface area.

Gravity doesn't exist.
Also, the Earth is not 2D, just flat.

Another little funny thing.. How can volcanoes exist..
Well...You see under the Earth, there's this stuff called "Magma." It doesn't like being shoved underneath there and so every once in a while it gets pissed off and turns into lava, squirting all over the place.

Anyone care to debate the obvious truth? Prove to me my government is lying about nothing.
That's silly. Why would they lie about nothing?

Also.. If there is another side to the world.. Wouldn't there be people on the other side doing stuff, or something? lol
There isn't another side. Who told you that?

~D-Draw

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:15 PM »

~D-Draw

So you've been to the other side and seen this for yourself?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »
.. So basically this forum is about taking the obvious and saying, THERES A CHANCE THEY NEVA SAW DAT! or.. DAT GOVERNMENT RECKON BE BLOCK US A I RECKON THEY GETTIN' SOMETIN ELSE IN DER MIND!

Correcto mondo?
I'm pretty sure that no one on this site has said that.

On a sidenote:
fuck tom bishop

TMI
Lol.

~D-Draw

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 11:07:56 PM »

~D-Draw

So you've been to the other side and seen this for yourself?

I agree, who's to say there isn't another side of your FE that's populated by another dominant species?

Earth could be a cylinder, being propelled through the universe to a single point infinitely far away by a force that only effects the earth and nothing else. Something like a magnet, originating from the center of the cylinder.  Oh yeah, and it cant be observed in any way.

Why not?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »

I agree, who's to say there isn't another side of your FE that's populated by another dominant species?

Earth could be a cylinder, being propelled through the universe to a single point infinitely far away by a force that only effects the earth and nothing else. Something like a magnet, originating from the center of the cylinder.  Oh yeah, and it cant be observed in any way.

Why not?
Wow, would life suck for them, seeing as how 'gravity' would be trying to rip them off the face of the earth.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »
Wow, would life suck for them, seeing as how 'gravity' would be trying to rip them off the face of the earth.

But what if this force was also the reason that dominant species - as well as humans - was attracted to the earth in the first place?  The force I was describing propels us to that point infinitely far away at a constant velocity, therefore eliminating acceleration.  The beginning of the earth was marked by the acceleration to this velocity.

I should start the cylindrical earth society, right?

Edit: This is Humble Philosopher, I just decided to change to a simpler name

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
If the earth has a constant velocity, why does it even need to be moving?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 11:23:47 PM »
If the earth has a constant velocity, why does it even need to be moving?

You're right, why DOES it have to be moving?

Why does the earth need to be moving in a completely illogical manner when a much simpler explanation would make more sense? I wonder...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »
I can see why it needs to be accelerating, but not traveling at a constant velocity.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 11:31:13 PM »
I can see why it needs to be accelerating, but not traveling at a constant velocity.

I'd really like to know why it NEEDS to be accelerating.  Why is it NECESSARY to explain the phenomena we experience on the surface of the earth with a new force and model for our planet that is an anomaly to every pattern we can observe in the rest of the universe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

The FE model requires you to assume far too much.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:33:01 PM by The Philosopher »

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »

Read a few more posts.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 02:32:32 AM »

I'd really like to know why it NEEDS to be accelerating.  Why is it NECESSARY to explain the phenomena we experience on the surface of the earth with a new force and model for our planet that is an anomaly to every pattern we can observe in the rest of the universe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

The FE model requires you to assume far too much.

You really like that razor don't you?

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 07:09:29 AM »
It's not always accurate, but in cases like this...
Monochrome morality, almost as much a misnomer as the ridiculous prejudices that it is oft based.