Undisputable proof that the Earth is round

• 99 Replies
Re: Undisputable proof that the Earth is round
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2007, 05:08:22 AM »
And NASA is part of the conspiracy its easy to fake images and video to show the earth is round with a little portion of the 16 billion they get a year. the rest is.. Profit!
Erm except you have to figure in all the thousands of people they employ, the contractors, maintaining 11 centers around the country, the very real non-space related research they conduct, etc. So the rest... not all profit.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:11:21 AM by Ambassadork »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:06 AM »
You mean besides the fact that GPS still works on every square inch of the earth as long as 4 satellites can be seen.
As long as 4 transmitters can be seen at start up and three thereafter, yes.

Once again you are wrong.  GPS does work everywhere.  GPS needs 4 satellites all the time.  The fourth one gives elevation.  Like I said.My cell phone doesnt work everywere but my bros GPS does. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »
So you've taken your bros GPS everywhere?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2007, 08:35:32 AM »
You mean besides the fact that GPS still works on every square inch of the earth as long as 4 satellites can be seen.
As long as 4 transmitters can be seen at start up and three thereafter, yes.

Once again you are wrong.  GPS does work everywhere.  GPS needs 4 satellites all the time.  The fourth one gives elevation.  Like I said.My cell phone doesnt work everywere but my bros GPS does. 
Where am I wrong?  Notice I said that using the earth as a sphere gives you your location.  If a fourth signal is available, the earth is not used.  The GPS only REQUIRES 4 signals at start up.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:41 AM »
It needs 4 signals all the time.  You clearly said it only needed 3.  They use way more then 4 to check themselves to get the accuracy even better. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2007, 08:46:29 AM »
It needs 4 signals all the time.  You clearly said it only needed 3.  They use way more then 4 to check themselves to get the accuracy even better. 
Why must they work when there are no less than four?  Car GPS systems don't require an altitude calculation, so are you saying they waste computing power just because?

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
Im talking about handheld GPS units, I suppose a car unit only needs 3 if you dont care about elevation.  The ones people take on top of mountains.  Stop kidding yourself.  GPS works everywhere.  Just like satellite phones.  They use satellites, not towers. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »
Im talking about handheld GPS units, I suppose a car unit only needs 3 if you dont care about elevation.  The ones people take on top of mountains.  Stop kidding yourself.  GPS works everywhere.  Just like satellite phones.  They use satellites, not towers. 
Many hand held units don't process altitude directly.  They store a map of the earth and when a position is determined, the altitude is derived from the map. 

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »
Many hand held units don't process altitude directly.  They store a map of the earth and when a position is determined, the altitude is derived from the map. 
Negative.  I can climb a ladder and the elevation will change.  How does a map show where I put a ladder?  Keep rying to prove your false theory. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2007, 11:15:53 AM »
Negative.  I can climb a ladder and the elevation will change.  How does a map show where I put a ladder?  Keep rying to prove your false theory. 
Only if your receiver is one that determines elevation directly, and your ladder is really tall, as GPS is accurate to about 100 feet vertically.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
Nope, my bros GPS will pick up changes in feet. I can hold the unit by the ground, then by my head and it picks up a change.  hen I could climb a 200 foot crane and it would pick up all 200 feet.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:29 AM »
Nope, my bros GPS will pick up changes in feet. I can hold the unit by the ground, then by my head and it picks up a change.  hen I could climb a 200 foot crane and it would pick up all 200 feet.   
GPS has a built in accuracy error.  You are only allowed to have 100 feet of accuracy vertically.  You could be at 2 feet or maybe it's 20 feet.

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »
yeah but its more like i could be at 2 feet or 1 foot 10 inches or 2 feet 2 inches. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 11:31:39 AM »
What's your point with this anyway?

-- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »
That GPS requires satellites.  Answer the qestion as to how GPS works anywere in the world using towers?  You cant, thats why you keep ignoring it.  A floating ballon with a clock?  What powers it?  Why cant I see them.  Why can I see satellites at night?   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:58:21 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Re: Undisputable prove that the Earth is roundq
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »
How does google earth work if there are no satellites (including internet)

The FAQ says there are no satellites?

No gravity, no orbit, no satellites.
so we have to ignore physics for this theory to work? ???

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
if you dont how gps works, go read this

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gps.htm

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
That GPS requires satellites.   
Really?  Where does the receiver use the fact that the transmitter is in orbit to determine it's position?

Answer the qestion as to how GPS works anywere in the world using towers?  You cant, thats why you keep ignoring it.  A floating ballon with a clock?  What powers it?
As long as the signal is transmitted from a known position, it doesn't matter what is doing the transmitting.

The sun powers it.

-- Bob Hudson

?

Eisiger

• I hope she made lots of spaghetti!
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »
There was a giant bug in one of satalite photos once, too.
~D-Draw

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
That GPS requires satellites.   
Really?  Where does the receiver use the fact that the transmitter is in orbit to determine it's position?

Answer the qestion as to how GPS works anywere in the world using towers?  You cant, thats why you keep ignoring it.  A floating ballon with a clock?  What powers it?
As long as the signal is transmitted from a known position, it doesn't matter what is doing the transmitting.

The sun powers it.
For GPS to be GLOBAL it has to use satellites.  Why do GPS units work where cell phones don’t?  Why does satellite TV go out in bad whether but cell phones still work?  Why does satellite radio work everywhere in the United States?  Answer them all.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »
Triangulation doesn't require satellites. GPS as we know and use it does. This is the basic flaw in the self-reassuring statement "GPS doesn't require satellites". What you should really say is what I said in the first sentence of this post. Travelling across the Atlantic ocean doesn't require a boat or an aeroplane. It doesn't mean that everybody swims across it.

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:31 PM »
Triangulation doesn't require satellites. GPS as we know and use it does. This is the basic flaw in the self-reassuring statement "GPS doesn't require satellites". What you should really say is what I said in the first sentence of this post. Travelling across the Atlantic ocean doesn't require a boat or an aeroplane. It doesn't mean that everybody swims across it.

Boats dont exist, we travel the sea by car.
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »
I can't disprove it. It must be true!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:38 PM »

For GPS to be GLOBAL it has to use satellites.   
Why?
  Why do GPS units work where cell phones don’t?  Why does satellite TV go out in bad whether but cell phones still work?  Why does satellite radio work everywhere in the United States?  Answer them all.
Cell signals are not provided by the same transmitter.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »
So...GPS requires satellites, huh?  What part of the process requires it?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »
So...GPS requires satellites, huh?  What part of the process requires it?

Wow. Just wow.

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »
Please read this before ever responding to me again This is you

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »

Why?

Because there are giant areas where there are no towers.  Where does the GPS find 4 towers where there are none?  
Cell signals are not provided by the same transmitter.
No kidding, GPS uses satellites and cellphones use towers.  Explain how the US dropped GPS guided bombs on Iraq even though Iraq hated us?  Did we secretly build towers there?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »
No, but the signals could have come from anywhere.   Other aircraft, stratellites, ground stations, vehicles, etc...

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
No, but the signals could have come from anywhere.   Other aircraft, stratellites, ground stations, vehicles, etc...

they could, but probably not