and this

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
Re: I would imagine this would be fake in the eyes of the FE'ers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »
Conspiracy, shooped, etc.
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »
Ya know, I was going to post something quite similar to this, but yeah they will say its faked, because everyone with a camera is instantly a master in visual effects and graphic design.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »
Yea and the gov't put conspiracy lenses on all types of cameras to only make the horizon appear curved

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »
Yea and the gov't put conspiracy lenses on all types of cameras to only make the horizon appear curved

Oh I know, I went to Circuit City and picked mine up for 159.95 for my canon today. what a great product! Now I can see the earth the way it was ment to be seen!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
hahahaha.

"conspiracy."
"fake"

losers. so annoying. f this website, i'm gone.

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
I really don't see how the FE'ers can say that everything is fake/distorted. Not every lense makes things only farther away than a mile appear distorted. My camera doesn't. Convenient how every camera is defective don't you think?
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »
yea and they think when you post a pic of the horizon, they think the actual horizon spans across about 50 or 60 feet

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
I really don't see how the FE'ers can say that everything is fake/distorted. Not every lense makes things only farther away than a mile appear distorted. My camera doesn't. Convenient how every camera is defective don't you think?

FE LOGIC

Anyone with a camera = instant photoshop/graphic design/visual effects master. you name it they can do it, they posses the power to take photos, so they are indeed a conspirator from the government.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »
hmmm... wonder why the FE'rs havent flooded this thread

?

cheeseykhfan

• licensed forum troll since 2004
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
because they all fled to their FE cave were they are trying to make it so that they don't contridicte eachother every other post

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »
yea and they think when you post a pic of the horizon, they think the actual horizon spans across about 50 or 60 feet

I suggest you do a mathematical calculation of the amount of curvature visible at some altitude.  It's been done many times on this forum.  You should do it yourself if you can't search or don't believe anyone else. 

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »
because they all fled to their FE cave were they are trying to make it so that they don't contridicte eachother every other post

Agreed.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

I suggest you do a mathematical calculation of the amount of curvature visible at some altitude.  It's been done many times on this forum.  You should do it yourself if you can't search or don't believe anyone else. 

I did do it myself, why dont you search my posts

?

cheeseykhfan

• licensed forum troll since 2004
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 03:16:18 PM »

o cyber owning

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 03:22:01 PM »

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

Because I'm gullible I did search your posts.  I can say very seriously now that you have NOT made ANY calculations which you seem to think you have.  The only time the words "curvature" 'horizon' or 'calculate' ever came up with a search under your name was when you had quoted someone else who typed those words. 

Out of sympathy I will find the thread for you with these calculations:
The height of a spherical cap (as depicted below by the "small circle" image) with a small-circle radius of 4 miles and a spherical radius of 4000 miles (8000 mile diameter) is another easy Pythagorean triangle:

You're gonna have to ignore the 'a' on the second picture there.  it should be 't'. 

Using equations from my previous post to find 't' (shown as 'a' in the picture):

t = sin[atan(r/s)]*s

Pythagorean triangle of side 't' and hypotenuse 'r' to find 'h':

h = r - sqrt[ r^2 - t^2]

then multiply by 5280 to get feet yields:

h=10.0 feet (mathematica file available)

side note:  Notice how h is exactly the same as 'a'?  This is the exact reason why the height of a person is negligible compared to the size of the Earth.

That means that you, at an altitude of ten feet, are a total of 20 feet higher than the plane of the horizon.  Keep in mind the horizon is 4 miles away.  That is, 21,000 feet away, which puts the horizon at a declination of:

arcsin(20/21120) = 0.05 degrees from the horizontal.  Looking up, the sky takes up 180.1 degrees of your field of vision.  You are not going to notice that curvature. 

If you don't think that angle is very small, take out your protractor and try to draw two lines 0.06 degrees apart.  They will end up looking like a single fat line on one end (even if your protractor had that great of precision).  That is because 20 feet is very small compared to 20,000 feet. 

That is why one cannot ever hope to notice the curvature of a round Earth by just looking at the horizon; it is negligible.  The Earth is huge, and we are not.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »
Firstly, you are aware that flying over the north pole is perfectly possible on a FE, yes?

Second, those are some nice pictures, but the curvature in them is nothing more than a trick of the camera, as no curvature is visible whatsoever from that altitude.

I think you fail to appreciate just how big Earth really is in either model.

you too are also and idiot

for about every 5 miles, the earth 'drops' about 16 feet i think where you see the curves is well over 5 miles long

I did all the calculations out of the post to skip to the point

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
Doesn't Earth drop about 8 inches per mile. 16 feet drop every 5 miles is way to high.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »
Maybe you read that brilliant sacred script that Tom always links to which states that the Earth drops about 6 feet (or was it more than that? Doesn't really matter) every 6 miles as opposed to about 4. :)

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »
Doesn't Earth drop about 8 inches per mile. 16 feet drop every 5 miles is way to high.

oops, i must have read some false info

Not only that, but those numbers suggest a linear surface. 

And these distances you calculated, are they across the horizon or towards the horizon from the observer?