Explanation for day and night.

• 6 Replies
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
Here is my theory on how a flat earth has day and night.

At first i thought it was just atmospheric conditions or a government cover up but then a went to university and learnt about lasers.

Since leaving university yesterday i have come up with the following theory.

I have subtly hinted this at the beginning of this topiC(some may not have noticed it).

ANyway, what if the sun wasn't as some claim, a 360 degree spherical light emitting source, but as i and 2 or 3 others KNOW, a giant freaking laser.

Ok some of you patrionising round earthers may come along and piss on my bonfire but at least gimme a chance.

say the Sun was surrounded by a giant molten metallic "shield" which funneled the light onto specific points on the earth. I am not sure how this funnel got there but it could have been the Russians or the Americans maybe. The sun then follows the central radius of the earth around the disc which would then explain why it could be dark in some places but light in others.

I know it would not be a laser as it emitts white light but i got the idea as my friend was talking about point light sources and was asking about them right in the middle of me telling him about the flatness of the earth.

Anyway here is a phtograph i made of the earth today. I t is a n accurate diagram and it only took me an hour or so so i thought it was worthwhile to suggest an explanation to all the round earthers.

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »
I have my own theory: You've never been to University. If you had, first of all your grammar and spelling might be a bit better...
but then a went to university
"then a went" ?!? And that's just the most obvious problem! But, this has nothing to do with your topic, so I'll move on.

First you say you KNOW it's a giant laser in the sky. No proof, no backup, nothing but a statement that you and a couple of people claim to know something. If things worked that way, then I could just as easily say "I know you're wrong!" and you'd have to take my word for it. Good thing it doesn't work that way, huh?

You then claim that the light is funneled throught a "giant molten metallic 'shield'".
-First off, why molten? Solid metal not good enough for you?
-Second, if it did go as close to the Earth as your diagram seems to display, then it should be quite visible to the naked eye as it approached.
-Third, what is a central radius? A radius is the distance from the center to the edge of a circle, so how could it be anything BUT central? The word central need not apply here.
-Fourth, you present no proof, no backup, merely another theory based on no evidence whatsoever. You don't even suggest how it got there. It most certainly can't have been the Americans, nor the Russians since the Sun and Earth have existed far longer than either nationality, let alone space travel and the means to construct such a monstrous apparatus.

Next, you say you KNOW it wouldn't be a laser... let's back up a bit in your post:
ANyway, what if the sun wasn't as some claim, a 360 degree spherical light emitting source, but as i and 2 or 3 others KNOW, a giant freaking laser.

Well, I guess you showed you! But anywho, if it's not a laser then what is it? You say that it can't be one because of the wihte light. You then proceed to say that your friend was telling you about "point light sources". However, you fail to explain what these are. Judging by the words that make it up, I can assume that it is a light source that is focused on a point. That would probably accomodate your theory, wouldn't it? If only! Luckily one of us did his research (I'll give you a hint, it wasn't you). Check this out:
Point Light Source

A Point light source is one that emits light in all directions. It is a point source of light which has no "lamp shade" to restrict the direction in which the light can travel.
Wow! That sounds a lot like the current model of the sun, doesn't it? Now you're wondering "Where did he pull that arbitrary definition from?" And, I'll be nice and give you the URL:
http://www.wamware.com/tresources/rendering/Display_Note06.html
One link not enough? How about two?
http://medialab.di.unipi.it/web/IUM/Waterloo/node105.html
That one is more science-y I think.

Also, one request: if people are going to steal my diagram method of presentation, could they at least be done neatly and decently? I sincerely doubt that took and hour. If you're not going to put effort into defending your theories, at least put some into your pretty pictures, okay?

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 05:33:32 AM »
I have my own theory: You've never been to University. If you had, first of all your grammar and spelling might be a bit better...

Well done. Just remember , literacy does not equal intelligance. Now im going to be an anal retentive arsehole and point out some of your typos.

But, this has nothing

Starting a sentance with "But" and no need for a comma.

Solid metal not good enough for you?

Should open with "is".

Third,

Thirdly.

Fourth

Fourthly

anywho,

Anyhow

Moving on.

Iv'e been to all manner of Universities. Granted i havn't acctually studied anything as i have an IQ <70.

I have plenty of proof and backup. Didn't you see my photograph?

Molten metal cos the sun is hot. NNNN *slaps wrist*

Atmospheric conditions would prevent you from seeing it.

By central radius i menat that it follows a radius which is half the radius of the total earth. ie; it follows a circular path around the centre of the earth.

So if it wasn't the Russians or the Americans it must have been the Chinese.

I was telling my friend about point light sources. Where exactly did i say that a laser was a point light source? Ah, i didn't. I see, your putting words into my mouth to make me look foolish.

I must fervently apologise. I was unaware that you had patented the procedure of producing photographic or pictorial documentation for an explanatory aide.

You may well mock my Photograph but the scanner i have used is not the best because i cannot afford a better one.[/quote]

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »
Let's suppose for a moment that the sun's molten metal lampshade is invisible or camouflaged or something.  This model predicts an interesting and obvious effect which is nonetheless not observed.

Here's another picture of your illustration theory.  If the lampshade's interior is reflective, then parts of the Earth other than the lampshade's footprint (such as the spot that the rightmost arrow points to) should still be lit up; however, observation shows that whenever sunlight reaches the ground, the sun is visible.  

Even if the lampshade's interior is not reflective, then there would still be an even bigger problem: as soon as the circle corresponding to the leftmost arrow crosses your position, you will see a sunrise (or sunset) in the middle of the sky!  Again, observational evidence rejects this.  Maybe you can modify your lampshade theory so that it avoids this and still involves a lampshade?  I'm betting against.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »
man that alex guys a fucking dick.  johnk you make a very accurate point, but whats that badass white thing floating in the ocean? and why did you draw all the continents in the shape of penis'??
hat exactly are "Einstein's spacecraft"? And why would Hitler want to write the Bible? -- Maureen

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 12:23:26 PM »
as the light from the sun is emitted perpendicularly from the sun, the lamp shade acts much like a satellite dish and reflects the rays nearly verticaly downwards. if i have an extra few hours spare i may take another photograph to make this more clear.

Chris; yes i am awesome.

in response to your question, the big white dod in between the penis shaped land masses is infact, not semen, but the north pole.

i made the conscious decision to make all tjhe land masses penis shapped because,

1] if you half shut your eyes that is what they loook like on an atlas

2] i just like penis

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
Quote from: "johnk"
as the light from the sun is emitted perpendicularly from the sun, the lamp shade acts much like a satellite dish and reflects the rays nearly verticaly downwards.

Is this supposed to be an answer to something?  Satellite dishes... don't do quite that.  Also, your lampshade doesn't look anything like a satellite dish.  Also, the sun radiates in all directions, whereas the emitter on a satellite dish does not.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?