Do you believe in just about evry astronomical definition, law, or anythign evr?

• 397 Replies
lighter then air braodcasting platforms? now that is going into the realm of science fiction... unless of course you have proof.... or even a fundemental explanation of how they work?

inwhich case we should see floating objects in space everyday,..

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Sure, do a google search on it.  Stratellites, for one.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Where are all the GPS tower certified personnel who run them?  Why cant I see a floating platform?  Im starting tho think this whole site is a scam, no one actually thinks the Earth is flat they just like to argue.  I mean floating GPS platforms?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
They are publicly being used in Korea, why don't you go over there and ask to speak with a balloon GPS tech? 

-- Bob Hudson

Back to newtons law:

F=gravitational force

F=9.81N for a mass of 1kg on the earth if you put in the values

since f=ma

therefore a=9.81/1
which is... 9.81 ms^-2

and is not constant but varies because the earth has different densities at different places affecting g, also because the earths surface is not flat so g is less as you increase altitude.

now that theory works assuming the earth is sphereical... and has a radius...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
And if I use F=m*a and put in the values, I also get 9.81N.

-- Bob Hudson

another fundemental point..... WHY IS IT WE CAN'T SEE EVEREST? i mean it is the largest mountain in the world... and if the earth is "flat"

and also... why is there are a horizon if the earth is not curved?

I just feel FE-ers that the evidence is mounted against you... and you can't explain away everything?

And if I use F=m*a and put in the values, I also get 9.81N.

yeh and you should be able to the same with F= G*M1*M2/r^2 and get the same answer.....

which works assuming the earth is spherical and has a radius.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Mine works without assumptions and is based purely on experiments.

-- Bob Hudson

Good... then that proves newtons law is right and the earth is spherical, you can go about 2 ways to find the same answer and if they both match, then well.... something adds up.... the world is spherical...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Except your formula requires G, which is a constant that was made up so that the numbers would fit the data.

-- Bob Hudson

in other words

the "assumption" was that the earth was round.

Put it into the equation i.e. the earth has a radius and you get back to g = 9.81... which we know is right from experiments without assumptions.... as you said... so your experiment proves that the world is spherical....

G is not made up, it is a constant found by experimental methods. G works not only for celestial bodies but for smaller day to day bodies... which was found by doing experiments with no assumptions because the masses would be easily known and the distance r easily measured.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
G is not made up, it is a constant found by experimental methods. G works not only for celestial bodies but for smaller day to day bodies... which was found by doing experiments with no assumptions because the masses would be easily known and the distance r easily measured.
Yea, that's what I said.  They made it up so that the math fit the data.

-- Bob Hudson

Yea, that's what I said.  They made it up so that the math fit the data.

its not made up, it is determined by experimental methods. In any law with proportionality there will always be a constant. The constant can be determined on smaller bodies by doing experiments, and as it is a constant it is the same for earth..

Good... then that proves newtons law is right and the earth is spherical, you can go about 2 ways to find the same answer and if they both match, then well.... something adds up.... the world is spherical...

You're blinding me with your logic.

As far as I'm concerned, you won this argument, because it looks to me as if you're just trying to provoke us.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

i am not at all trying to provoke anyone.... i just want your opinions on evidence that supports a spherical earth theory

i mean FE-ers need to do a lot of explaining if their theories are going to stick...

i am not at all trying to provoke anyone.... i just want your opinions on evidence that supports a spherical earth theory

i mean FE-ers need to do a lot of explaining if their theories are going to stick...

Yes, the newton's law of gravity supports the spherical earth theory.

The universal acceleration theory supports the flat earth theory.

They don't cancel themselves out, both theories are valid.

Universal acceleration... hmm.... but what it can't explain is why i can't see everest from my back yard with a telescope....

care to enlighten me?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Distance.  However, this is off topic.  Find a topic already about this and post there.

-- Bob Hudson

Afraid to go off topic?

distance??? ok lets take it down a bit, i am standing in london, why can't i see the ifle tower in paris?

Keeping in mind i have a telescope...

i mean we can see the furtherest stars...... but not something a few hundred miles away? wait how far away did you say the sun is in your theory??

Universal acceleration... hmm.... but what it can't explain is why i can't see everest from my back yard with a telescope....

care to enlighten me?

Yes, but first I'll point out that newton's law of gravity cannot explain that either :D .

You can't see everest because of the density of the atmosphere. The atmosphere gets thicker and thicker as you look further away, and at one point it gets too thick to look through.

That's the FE explanation.

My answer: You can't see Everest because you do not live on that part of the earth, and from, presumably, the States, you can't see Everest because of the curvature of the earth.

Horizon? which seems to be a costant 17 miles away or something like that also "coincidentily" ties in exactly with the curvature of a spherical earth...

Horizon? which seems to be a costant 17 miles away or something like that also "coincidentily" ties in exactly with the curvature of a spherical earth...

At exactly 17 miles, the atmosphere is too thick to look through, the way FE explain it.

care to enlighten me?

Yes, but first I'll point out that newton's law of gravity cannot explain that either :D .

You can't see everest because of the density of the atmosphere. The atmosphere gets thicker and thicker as you look further away, and at one point it gets too thick to look through.

That's the FE explanation.

My answer: You can't see Everest because you do not live on that part of the earth, and from, presumably, the States, you can't see Everest because of the curvature of the earth.

newtons law of gravitation does explain why we can't see everest.... the earth is not flat. Newtons law of gravitation assumes the earth is spherical... and thus, if you are in the other side of the sphere.... you can't see it...

ALso about the atmosphere.... FE-ers believe the earth's atmosphere is more than 20 miles right? so how come we can see the sun without it being "blocked out?"

Well?

FE-ers i am sorry, but you havn't convinced me enough..... the earth to me remains spherical, there is just to much explaining to do on your part.....

-shydeny

This Earth is neither round nor flat. It's a square.

-shydeny

This Earth is neither round nor flat. It's a square.

typical, cannot form any valid arguements of your own so you seek attention by trying to be funny. The stadard is low. Really.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
fers just ingnore the hard questions like why you cant see the iffel tower and how you weigh less on Mt Everest then you do on a beach. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

I'm interested as to how two orbs when hung side by side will pull towards each other if there is no such thang as gravity in the FE theory.

Also, if the earth is moving upwards at 9.81ms, and you believe in Newtons laws of physics, why when i throw a ball upwards at a greater velocity than 9.81ms does it not appear to "float" in mid-air?