A question

• 12 Replies

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
A question
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:53:35 PM »
I thought this needed its own topic, instead of bumping old ones, which seems to result in nothing but many bumps. ::)

Anyway, here is the question:

Q: How does the FE model keep its atmosphere?

The RE model has gravity to thank for that, but what the about FE model?

Well, you have the atmosphere at the top stretching like saran wrap over the top of the Earth (reaching from the top of the ice wall in a dome-like shape most likely), and then the air is held in by the ice wall and the atmosphere.

~D-Draw
The air makes up the atmosphere, that's what the atmosphere is.

There, it has a proper title (I can't believe you'd move it based on a title, btw), please don't move it this time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:56:11 PM by unclegravy »
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Re: A question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »
thankyou gravy. See how easy it is to create a thread without calling anyone a f*gg#t?

I believe that between the ice wall and the upward acceleration, The atmosphere stays in - like swinging a bowl of water around you at speed.

EDIT: made it my opinion, not general consensus
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:28:41 PM by Rick_James »

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »
I've always held that the earth and its atmosphere is trapped in a cupping of UA as it is accelerated upwards. Over a wide area UA is a non uniform force outwards, like an exploding grenade. The outer edges of this cupping, which the atmosphere rests on, is called the Firmament.

As for the Ice Wall, the Ice Wall could only really keep the atmosphere in if it were over a hundred miles in height.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:33:26 PM by Tom Bishop »

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
The Ice Wall could only really keep the atmosphere in if it were over a hundred miles high.

I've always held that the earth and its atmosphere is trapped in a cupping of UA as it is accelerated upwards. It's a non uniform force outwards, like an exploding grenade.

Then how come celestial bodies that aren't directly above the North pole don't accelerate away (as in sideways, not up) from us?  If the sun was over the equator on a flat Earth, and the North pole was the point directly above the origin of UA, how come the sun's circular path above the Earth isn't constantly getting bigger?  I can draw an awesome diagram in MSPaint if you want, I didn't really explain it well.
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 05:39:49 PM »
Then how come celestial bodies that aren't directly above the North pole don't accelerate away (as in sideways, not up) from us? 

Actually, celestial bodies are accelerating away from us in a sideways fashion. The entire universe is observed to be slowly moving away from itself. This is called the Expanding Universe. Various theories have been proposed to explain this phenomenon, the most prominent of which invokes a mysterious force called "dark energy."

Back in 1929 Edwin Hubble, working at the Carnegie Observatories in Pasadena, California, measured the redshifts of a number of distant galaxies. He also measured their relative distances by measuring the apparent brightness of a class of variable stars called Cepheids in each galaxy. When he plotted redshift against relative distance, he found that the redshift of distant galaxies increased as a linear function of their distance. The only explanation for this observation is that the universe was expanding.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:45:59 PM by Tom Bishop »

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:43:01 PM »
Yes, I know about the expanding universe.  I mean if the difference in direction of UA was different enough between the North pole and the Southern rim to make the atmosphere somehow form a dome above the Earth, wouldn't that also be strong enough to make our sun drift away at an at least somewhat noticable speed too?

[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »
Yes, I know about the expanding universe.  I mean if the difference in direction of UA was different enough between the North pole and the Southern rim to make the atmosphere somehow form a dome above the Earth, wouldn't that also be strong enough to make our sun drift away at an at least somewhat noticable speed too?

Rather than a dome keeping the atmosphere in, I was thinking more of a bowl of UA that the disk of the earth sat in while accelerating upwards.

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
So then, it's more like UA is pushing partially inwards?  Reverse of your grenade example?  I was wondering how an outward-in-all-directions UA would keep the atmosphere in...

Even if UA is focused inward on the Earth, wouldn't the Sun and moon and the almighty shadow object drift towards the North pole above the Earth?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
So then, it's more like UA is pushing partially inwards?  Reverse of your grenade example?

I gave the grenade example to show that an outwards force is not always uniform. The explosion of a grenade wouldn't form a perfect sphere of force outwards. Just like how the Big Bang didn't form a perfect sphere of force outwards. If it did, planets and galaxies would not exist.

Within the outward force of the UA are tiny aberrations and waves. Matter naturally falls to the lowest point of these discrepancies, likely even creating a bigger force discrepancy around it due to the fact that it's easier to push empty space than a massive object.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:27:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »
Eh, ok.

?

Bladesonic

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 06:36:45 PM »
I think you all are psychotic. Even after hundreds of years after it's been discovered, you crackpots come up with random theories to try and explain your 'flat earth.' I've got a theory for you: If the earth is flat, how do you explain the fact that nobody has ever been reported 'falling off the earth.' And if the earth is supposedly flat, how to you explain the fact that the stars move. How we have day and night?  I'm a RE and proud! I'm sane. 

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »
I think you all are psychotic. Even after hundreds of years after it's been discovered, you crackpots come up with random theories to try and explain your 'flat earth.' I've got a theory for you: If the earth is flat, how do you explain the fact that nobody has ever been reported 'falling off the earth.' And if the earth is supposedly flat, how to you explain the fact that the stars move. How we have day and night?  I'm a RE and proud! I'm sane. 

Hooray for random first-and-only posts!

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 11:06:05 PM »
So this UA is biased; it only cares to keep the atmosphere above the earth?
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!