Couple of questions for fe

• 17 Replies
?

blademaster

Couple of questions for fe
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:56:50 AM »
Have you ever seen satellites when looking at the sky on dark night? I have, they are very small but you can see them, little light spots which go round the world then come back from other side of the world. Isn't it a bit complex to make this kind of thing by goverment, wouldn't it be kinda hard do engineer cause earth is accelerating at constant speed "upwards"? These satellites can be seen as many hours there is dark sky so you could I think follow these satellites for about 5hours or so.

So how they operate them does it run by gasoline, how come it doesn't run out of gas? If the earth is accelerating wouldn't it mean that also these satellites when coming under the earth would need higher speed everytime it goes round? So how the satellite when it comes back to be seen isn't moving any faster? Wouldn't it mean that the satellite would crash on earth? Why the "goverment" even shows this to us? Wouldn't it be less expensive if they didn't? I don't think people would be asking why can't we see satellites. Many people was amazed when they saw satellites so was I, how could we see such an small objects so far away but I guess the mirrors in satellite reflects lots of light so in dark nights we see them.

The other thing how fast the earth is going now? I mean if it's accelerating 
9.81m/s^2 whatever wouldn't it mean that in couple of days we couldn't even jump from the surface?

Also how you explain northern lights? For those who haven't seen check video.

http://flatearht2.notlong.com
Also kind of interesting picture.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:08:35 AM by blademaster »

?

blademaster

Re: Couple of questions for fe
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:36:59 AM »
very good response

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:29:36 AM »
the thread truncated at first binary zero.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:27:59 AM »
Have you ever seen satellites when looking at the sky on dark night? I have, they are very small but you can see them, little light spots which go round the world then come back from other side of the world. Isn't it a bit complex to make this kind of thing by goverment, wouldn't it be kinda hard do engineer cause earth is accelerating at constant speed "upwards"? These satellites can be seen as many hours there is dark sky so you could I think follow these satellites for about 5hours or so.

Why is it that when someone sees a UFO they are "imagining things" or its "an aircraft/weather balloon/glowing monkey poop" or anything BUT an alien space craft. But when they say they see a satellite, we instantly believe them? Right then, biased anyone?

So how they operate them does it run by gasoline, how come it doesn't run out of gas? If the earth is accelerating wouldn't it mean that also these satellites when coming under the earth would need higher speed everytime it goes round? So how the satellite when it comes back to be seen isn't moving any faster? Wouldn't it mean that the satellite would crash on earth? Why the "goverment" even shows this to us? Wouldn't it be less expensive if they didn't? I don't think people would be asking why can't we see satellites. Many people was amazed when they saw satellites so was I, how could we see such an small objects so far away but I guess the mirrors in satellite reflects lots of light so in dark nights we see them.

The other thing how fast the earth is going now? I mean if it's accelerating 
9.81m/s^2 whatever wouldn't it mean that in couple of days we couldn't even jump from the surface?

Also how you explain northern lights? For those who haven't seen check video.

http://flatearht2.notlong.com
Also kind of interesting picture.

This second question is flat out lack of understanding of relativity. Acceleration = Gravity. There is no difference between the two, meaning that as long as the Earth is accelerating upwards at a constant rate, you would never notice a change in gravity.

Northern Lights? Radiation from the sun filtering through the atmosphere and reacting to the magnetic field, just like on the RE model.

And I agree with dann as usual.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

?

blademaster

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
Are you saying wolfwood you haven't seen satellites? Also these northern lights does only see in north and south pole, if the earth would be flat they would be seen in every place right?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »
Are you saying wolfwood you haven't seen satellites?

Satellites exist, they're just not orbiting the earth.

Also these northern lights does only see in north and south pole, if the earth would be flat they would be seen in every place right?

The Northern and Southern Lights are simply a side effect of magnetic interference at the poles.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:32:00 AM by Tom Bishop »

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »
Satellites exist, they're just not orbiting the earth.
Oh? Do tell, please.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
If A Satellite doesn't orbit another body (like Earth) it isn't actually a "satellite", right? And Tom, I'm pretty sure you stated on another thread that satellites don't exist. I could be mistaken about that though.

Little side question: Has anyone visited a local science museum an looked through the telescope (provided your local museum has one) when they have it pointed at the moon? I've done this along with some friends and could see the American flag actually on the moon. Anyone else done this? Just satisfying my own curiosity thanks.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
Little side question: Has anyone visited a local science museum an looked through the telescope (provided your local museum has one) when they have it pointed at the moon? I've done this along with some friends and could see the American flag actually on the moon. Anyone else done this? Just satisfying my own curiosity thanks.

Erm...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »
I've done this along with some friends and could see the American flag actually on the moon. Anyone else done this? Just satisfying my own curiosity thanks.
Well, there went your credibility.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »
I've done this along with some friends and could see the American flag actually on the moon. Anyone else done this? Just satisfying my own curiosity thanks.
Well, there went your credibility.

I think credibility went out the window the moment this forum was made.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 07:55:22 PM »
Yep, RE'ers have no idea what they are talking about.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 07:57:31 PM »
I do believe that, my friend, is what we call lying through your teeth (fingernails?). Did you see the footprint on the moon's surface, too?

As to the OP: I'm pretty sure you're not really in understanding of how Newton's laws work exactly. Inertia is a wonderful thing.

~D-Draw

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »

and I ment the entire www.flatearthsociety.com forum, not just this thread.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:33 PM »

You're right, it doesn't seem to matter where they post - it's always terrible.

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »

im talking about all the bs FE crap on here that gets contradicted a million times and has some other illogical answer.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 10:30:21 PM »
I hope your joking about the Flag BS.  I have a gif on my PC of an asteroid exploding into the side of the moon.  The explosion was measured to be enormus.  It was barely 5mm across on the screen when the moon would have taken up my entire monitor.  There is no way you could ever ever ever see the flag with a telescope.

Wanna do the math, look up (probably on wikipedia) the size of the moon and figure out the impossibility.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 11:37:06 PM »

Like being able to see tiny objects on the moon through a magical telescope that is just that cool?

im talking about all the bs FE crap on here that gets contradicted a million times and has some other illogical answer.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one