what would happen if you blast a huge hole in the ice wall?

• 36 Replies
Re: what would happen if you blast a huge hole in the ice wall?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 03:43:02 PM »
Well, look at it this way, the earth is currently moving at 60 Km/s  through space by the RE model (if I'm not mistaken, i can't claim it for sure), which is an unimaginable high speed for a mere man, and yet, do you feel it? I guess not, there is the answer to your question ;) . That's the whole point of modern mechanics, relativity, and yes, we would be going at an insanely high speed according to the FE model, but you, being on earth as you are, would not feel it, and thus, should not be bothered by it

all of which i am aware, and I will focus only on the most glaring problem with your theory.  i am not saying 'oh its super fast and thats not possible'.  im saying that your theory contradicts the very theory you mentioned, good ole al's, that if the earth is constantly accelerating, it would exceed c (thats the speed of light, which im sure you knew because of your iron grasp of physics).  by al's theory, exceeding c is impossible.  not improbable, not unbelievable, IMPOSSIBLE.  so, steady acceleration is out...

and no, i dont think you are a pompous asshole.  i just think youre a regular asshole.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »
We ARE moving, that is indisputable, regardless of the model of the earth we believe in :D .
EDIT: Yet :D
Yeah, so in the FE model, we ARE moving at speeds greater than that of light.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »
Well, look at it this way, the earth is currently moving at 60 Km/s  through space by the RE model (if I'm not mistaken, i can't claim it for sure), which is an unimaginable high speed for a mere man, and yet, do you feel it? I guess not, there is the answer to your question ;) . That's the whole point of modern mechanics, relativity, and yes, we would be going at an insanely high speed according to the FE model, but you, being on earth as you are, would not feel it, and thus, should not be bothered by it

all of which i am aware, and I will focus only on the most glaring problem with your theory.  i am not saying 'oh its super fast and thats not possible'.  im saying that your theory contradicts the very theory you mentioned, good ole al's, that if the earth is constantly accelerating, it would exceed c (thats the speed of light, which im sure you knew because of your iron grasp of physics).  by al's theory, exceeding c is impossible.  not improbable, not unbelievable, IMPOSSIBLE.  so, steady acceleration is out...

and no, i dont think you are a pompous asshole.  i just think youre a regular asshole.

Well I may be a regular asshole, but i'm a regular asshole from a god forsaken balkan country who has a better grasp of physics, and apparently English, then you do :P .

As I've said repeatedly, Erasmus has explained the problem of reaching and exceeding C, using the relativistic theory, and has explained it in some topic, do a fuckin' forum search, because I sure as hell won't do it for you.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »
We ARE moving, that is indisputable, regardless of the model of the earth we believe in :D .
EDIT: Yet :D
Yeah, so in the FE model, we ARE moving at speeds greater than that of light.

I can't keep up with your train of thought, but as i understood it, by Erasmus's model, we are constantly accelerating towards the speed of light, but we'll never reach it :/ .

@ ralphius - I just remembered an interesting thought. I know that Einstein said that there is no matter that could travel faster then light, but what about tachions? I understand it's an area of modern and quantum physics, but never the less, it's a valid theory.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 03:54:23 PM »

Actually, it's Einstein that allows us to accelerate forever and never reach the speed of light.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »
how can the earth be constantly accelerating upward?  eventually (and rather quickly) we would reach c, and... thats not possible

This has been covered extensively, please see the "FE as it relates to the speed of light" thread.