wow lol

• 58 Replies
Re: wow lol
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "evant2006"

I'm not sure how else to explain this to you, other than to flat out say you are wrong.

Maybe you should talk to Einstein then and tell him he is wrong.  Along with everyone who uses General Relativity.

Gravity is a force, and Einstein understood this. He also understood the mechanics of gravity, something that seems totally lost on you. Gravity is acceleration? Give me a break. Also, give me proof to your asinine claims.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

wow lol
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »

Maybe you should talk to Einstein then and tell him he is wrong.  Along with everyone who uses General Relativity.

You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about do you?

You do realize that Einstein's dieing wish was to unify gravity and the electromagnetic force into one unified field theory that would explain both forces at once? Watch this nova video. It is a video on string theory. In the first hour or two though it sets up physics from the beginning to modern times. It will explain this for you and you will no longer be ignorant and act like a fool.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Quote from: "evant2006"

I'm not sure how else to explain this to you, other than to flat out say you are wrong.

Maybe you should talk to the people at NASA and tell them that they havent gone into space. Along with everyone who uses satellites, etc.
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

?

Tom Bishop

wow lol
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
Give me a break. Also, give me proof to your asinine claims.

You're arguing with a professional who holds a degree in Engineering. Stop now while you're ahead.

wow lol
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:57 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"

You're arguing with a professional who holds a degree in Engineering. Stop now while you're ahead.

I hold a degree in engineering too. I have been into space as an astronaut and seen the curvature of space myself.
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

wow lol
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"

Shove it, Tom. You've managed to consistently provide nothing of value to this forum. I congratulate you.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
Quote from: "Science!"

Gravity is a force, and Einstein understood this. He also understood the mechanics of gravity, something that seems totally lost on you. Gravity is acceleration? Give me a break. Also, give me proof to your asinine claims.

Ok.

Quote from: "Wiki on Equivalence Principle"
The equivalence principle proper was introduced by Albert Einstein in 1907, when he observed that the acceleration of bodies towards the center of the Earth at a rate of 1g (g = 9.81 m/s2 being the acceleration of gravity at the Earth's surface) is equivalent to the acceleration of an inertially moving body that would be observed on a rocket in free space being accelerated at a rate of 1g. Einstein stated it thus:

"we [...] assume the complete physical equivalence of a gravitational field and a corresponding acceleration of the reference system." (Einstein 1907)

That is, remaining at rest in a uniform gravitational field is physically equivalent to experiencing an acceleration (e.g. being at rest with respect to the Earth while under the influence of its gravitational field, is an accelerated state of motion).

Quote from: "Wiki on General Relativity"
General relativity (GR) [also called the general theory of relativity (GTR) and general relativity theory (GRT)] is the geometrical theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915/16.[1][2] It unifies special relativity and Sir Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation with the insight that gravitation is not due to a force but rather is a manifestation of curved space and time, with this curvature being produced by the mass-energy and momentum content of the space-time.

Maybe look it up for yourself next time.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »

Ok.

The equivalence principle proper was introduced by Albert Einstein in 1907, when he observed that the acceleration of bodies towards the center of the Earth at a rate of 1g (g = 9.81 m/s2 being the acceleration of gravity at the Earth's surface) is equivalent to the acceleration of an inertially moving body that would be observed on a rocket in free space being accelerated at a rate of 1g. Einstein stated it thus:

"we [...] assume the complete physical equivalence of a gravitational field and a corresponding acceleration of the reference system." (Einstein 1907)

That is, remaining at rest in a uniform gravitational field is physically equivalent to experiencing an acceleration (e.g. being at rest with respect to the Earth while under the influence of its gravitational field, is an accelerated state of motion).

General relativity (GR) [also called the general theory of relativity (GTR) and general relativity theory (GRT)] is the geometrical theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915/16.[1][2] It unifies special relativity and Sir Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation with the insight that gravitation is not due to a force but rather is a manifestation of curved space and time, with this curvature being produced by the mass-energy and momentum content of the space-time.

How do u know those sources are true? They could be in on the conspiracy. Provide us with evidence that you have carried out yourself that these statements are true.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 01:44:26 PM »
Gravitational lensing.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

Ok.

:roll:

I understand the mechanics of gravity. I've been trying to explain them to you throughout this thread.

Wikipedia sucks, by the way.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »
I understand the mechanics of gravity. I've been trying to explain them to you throughout this thread.

You mean when you said that gravity is a force?  Or was it when you said that gravity is not an acceleration?

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »

Sorry, but that's worth a second look.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

You mean when you said that gravity is a force?  Or was it when you said that gravity is not an acceleration?

Explain how you KNOW gravity is acceleration. Provide evidence of past tests you have done, proving this.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »
I dropped a pencil and it accelerated (or the earth accelerated) until they met.

-- Bob Hudson

wow lol
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »
I dropped a pencil and it accelerated (or the earth accelerated) until they met.

Provide evidence of this experiment.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
Do it yourself.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »

Tell me why every physicist who understands General Relativity considers gravity to be a force. Why is gravity considered one of the four fundamental forces of the universe. Are they all part of the "conspiracy?"

I've been saying that acceleration can produce the effect of gravity.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

wow lol
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 01:55:22 PM »
Do it yourself.

I dont have a pencil.

wow lol
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »
Wow. Gravity = acceleration? I think you all are fucking ignorant. gravity IS a force. the earth is flat? you all are idiots. have any of you ever watched a documentary on NASA or anything at all? the earth is in fact round. OH NOEZ TEH GOVERNMENT CUVVERS IT UP! NOOO!!!!shift+1   you say provide proof that gravity is a force, why dont you provide proof that it isnt. I like to believe in things that can be proven, not by ignorant penguins who cant prove shit and say they have a degree in engineering which instantly makes their words true. ever watch an episode of bill nye? if the earth is flat, how can people fly around the world? hint hint, AROUND. around comes from the word round, which means to circle. not to flat or whatever. the earth is round and gravity is a force., nuff said.

edit - ever see the moon at night and notice a weird shadow on it? that is the EARTHS shadow, and it is also round, so go fuck yourself with your earth is flat bullshit.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 01:59:34 PM »

Tell me why every physicist who understands General Relativity considers gravity to be a force.

Then they don't understand GR.
Why is gravity considered one of the four fundamental forces of the universe.

Something needs to cause the curvature of space time.

Acceleration produces the effect of gravity, but it's not gravity.

Hmm, could have fooled me.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »
Quote from: "Mr_CaLhOuN7891"
Wow. Gravity = acceleration? I think you all are fucking ignorant. gravity IS a force.

Talk to Einstein.  Hell talk to someone who understands physics.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

Tell me why every physicist who understands General Relativity considers gravity to be a force.

Then they don't understand GR.
Why is gravity considered one of the four fundamental forces of the universe.

Something needs to cause the curvature of space time.

Acceleration produces the effect of gravity, but it's not gravity.

Hmm, could have fooled me.

Prove it.

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »
Quote from: "MooBs"

Prove it.

prove that is isnt.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:03:32 PM »
:?:

-- Bob Hudson

wow lol
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »
Quote from: "Mr_CaLhOuN7891"
Wow. Gravity = acceleration? I think you all are fucking ignorant. gravity IS a force.

Talk to Einstein.  Hell talk to someone who understands physics.

Ill go and ask anyone with an IQ higher than a potatoe if gravity is a force.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
wow lol
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »
This is exactly what I was thinking.

"If you hear hooves, it's probably a horse, not a zebra"

You're all (FE'ers, obviously) going about science backwards. Instead of gathering observations, and then making a hypothesis, you're making a hypothesis and then making up evidence to support it.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyrochimp

• Senator Awesome
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 07:37:19 PM »
Look guys, TheEngineer pulled this on me too.  The only reason I can see he does this to people is to stir up arguements.  Gravity, as explained by the curvature of space time by mass, isn't TECHNICALLY a force.  There's nothing "pushing" us towards the Earth, we just want to go towards the Earth.  However, gravity is considered an important aspect of mass, because without it we wouldn't have Earth, which is why it's considered one of the "four forces".  To anyone in normal conversation, besides extremely stringey physicists and dicks that like arguing, gravity is a force, but in the strictest sense it's not a force - it's just a property of matter.

(edited a spelling error)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 07:41:21 PM by Pyrochimp »
Some people are ****ing stupid! ~ George Carlin

Mathematical proof of the flat Earth:
[{(Diameter of Earth)*(tan[distance from Earth to sun/distance from North pole to equator])}2]/0

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »
erm.

O.K. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.
What, you mean if the earth is flat or not?

Don't you think opinions should be based on facts?

And just because it's an opinion, doesn't mean it's always valid. Being informed makes opinions more valid.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!