wow lol

• 58 Replies
wow lol
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:43:12 AM »
Have you guys ever heard of the principle "The simplest answer is probably the right one."? You have this huge faq that is attempting to explain something, when it would be much simpler (as in, it would solve all of your problems with the FE theory) to just say that the Earth is round? ALL evidence points to the obvious fact that the Earth is round.

You guys claim in your faq that the Earth doesn't have a gravitational pull, its just acceleration "upward" at 9.8 m/s^2. Oh really? What is causing this acceleration? Because according to newton's second law, if there is an acceleration, there must be a net force acting on the object. What magical force is causing this acceleration? You also say that every body in space is accelerating upwards like that. Well what the hell is causing all of the different accelerations? Because I hope you all know the sun has a very different gravitational pull than the Earth. Which would imply it is acceleration a lot quicker than the Earth. This means that the Sun is actually getting farther and farther away from the Earth. This poses a problem however, as eventually, the distance between the Earth and Sun would become really huge REALLY quickly and we would no longer have a sun. This obviously isn't the case since the sun is in the same spot everyday of the year. You have to remember, no acceleration can take place without a force acting on it. Where are all of these forces coming from? If you assume (correctly) that the Earth is round, all of these discrepancies are fixed. The Earth, and all the other planets go around the Sun which is "stationary" in regards to the rest of the solar system. But the whole solar system is going around the galaxy which physicists believe  has a super massive black hole at the center causing all of the motion of the galaxy.

Speaking of black holes, explain them in the context of your gravity "theory". Because it is a scientific fact that black holes exist. They have been observed in space countless times either traveling through space and disrupting the light traveling around it, or actually feeding on nearby stars. Explain this phenomenon.

Also, what about the slingshot affect of planets? If you travel around them, the gravity of the planet will slingshot your spacecraft around at high speeds. I suppose this affect was also made up?  :roll:

And I'm sorry, but a flat Earth is not a stable Earth. As far as physics goes, the most stable form for a large body to take is a sphere. That is because gravity (the attraction between two masses) will ALWAYS form spheres. All the matter will be attracted to each other and form a ball. The Earth would fold on top of itself and keep folding and crunching until it formed this ball.

I could go on and on and on with how ridiculous it is to even suggest that the Earth is flat, but I have to get to class. It seems to me that whenever someone provides proof against your theory, you explain it away as being faked. Well, there comes a time when things stop being fake and you start being idiots. If the Earth was flat, the entire physical world would have to be reshaped to fit that model. Gravity wouldn't be gravity, force wouldn't be force, etc. etc. The entire universe would not work in our understanding of physics. And for what? Because if looks like it is flat if you look at it with your naked eyes? Well, sorry, but with something as large as the Earth, you can't see the curvature (directly). Get a life please.

wow lol
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »
I like you. Nice bit of telling off there. :D
ust because I'm a member doesn't mean I believe in this rather crazy theory.

wow lol
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:02:55 PM »
i guess it isn't worth convincing them anything. they don't want to listen. they are just denying what you say and taking themselves around the question. but thats their shame. it makes it real fun to ask them questions and have a good laugh xD

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Re: wow lol
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:07:19 PM »
Quote from: "evant2006"
Gravity wouldn't be gravity

Gravity isn't gravity, it's acceleration.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

wow lol
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »
"When you have eliminated the Impossible (FE Theory) Whatever remains, however improbable ... But be the truth"

Live and learn FE'rs I have debunked enough of your theory for my personal satisfaction, however I just visit and post for the eterntainment of it. ^^
=================
The earth is round ... Period.
http://www.teenprogrammer.net

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
wow lol
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »
erm.

O.K. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 01:11:02 PM »
Quote from: "bobparr"

Live and learn FE'rs I have debunked enough of your theory for my personal satisfaction, however I just visit and post for the eterntainment of it. ^^

Hmm, I must have missed it.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

That's where you are wrong. Gravity causes an acceleration. Gravity is a force just like the electromagnetic, weak, and strong nuclear forces.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

Gravity is  a force communicated through the curvature of space-time. Acceleration produces an effect similar to gravity, but it's not the same thing.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
Gravity is a force

Living in the 1600's, huh?

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 01:20:27 PM »
Quote from: "Science!"

Gravity is  a force communicated through the curvature of space-time. Acceleration produces an effect similar to gravity, but it's not the same thing.

Gravity is not a force.  Gravity=acceleration.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »

Prove it.
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
wow lol
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »
Equivalence Principle and General Relativity.

-- Bob Hudson

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
wow lol
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 01:22:02 PM »
Do a search and you will find the proof.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »

Gravity is a result of the curvature of space-time created by an object with mass. Acceleration produces the effect of gravity, but it's not gravity.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

wow lol
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »
Equivalence Principle and General Relativity.

Explain these theories yourself, then provide evidence that you have done tests yourself that these theories are correct. Einstein was in on the conspiracy.
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
Explain these theories yourself, then provide evidence that you have done tests yourself that these theories are correct. Einstein was in on the conspiracy.

Go back to community college and stop posting.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Gravity is a force

You really need to learn physics. Gravity is not acceleration. Gravity is a force. Now, the debate about gravity is not whether it is a force or not, but where it comes from. There have been advances in the last 20-30 years or so about the origin of the four forces we know about (gravity, electromagnetic, weak, and strong nuclear forces). It has been theorized (and i believe proven recently) that the electromagnetic, weak and strong forces are caused by subatomic particles. I don't remember off hand what they are called, but they are messenger particles that carry the forces throughout the physical world. We have not found the "gravitron" particle yet, but theories like String/M theory are not too far off from explaining that.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »

Gravity is a result of the curvature of space-time created by an object with mass. Acceleration produces the effect of gravity, but it's not gravity.

No, acceleration is the result of the curvature of space time.  You should straighten out your theories.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 01:25:29 PM »
Gravity is a force

You really need to learn physics. Gravity is not acceleration.

Hmm, then what happens when you are in a gravitational field?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »

No, acceleration is the result of the curvature of space time.  You should straighten out your theories.

Haha, alright buddy. Do I need to explain to you what acceleration is too?
Tom Bishop is a moron.

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »

Prove it.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »
Gravity is a force

You're in a gravitational field RIGHT NOW.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 01:27:24 PM »

Haha, alright buddy. Do I need to explain to you what acceleration is too?

Sure, go ahead.  Just so you know, Einstein did not believe in gravity as a force.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »
Gravity is a force

You accelerate because of the gravity. You are basically saying that the effect of forces are the same as the forces themselves. That is like saying radiation is the weak nuclear force. When in fact, radiation is the effect of the weak nuclear force.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 01:27:55 PM »
Gravity is a force

You're in a gravitational field RIGHT NOW.

I'm being accelerated?  I know.

-- Bob Hudson

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »

You accelerate because of the gravity. You are basically saying that the effect of forces are the same as the forces themselves. That is like saying radiation is the weak nuclear force. When in fact, radiation is the effect of the weak nuclear force.

Gravity is not a force.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 01:29:25 PM »

Gravity is not a force.

Provide evidence with your statement please.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »

Gravity is not a force.

I'm not sure how else to explain this to you, other than to flat out say you are wrong. Gravity is one of the four fundamental forces of nature. Gravity, electromagnetic, weak and strong nuclear forces. Its an accepted fact of physics.

google "four forces of nature" and see all of the articles that come up and support me, jesus christ.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 01:32:23 PM »

I'm not sure how else to explain this to you, other than to flat out say you are wrong.

Maybe you should talk to Einstein then and tell him he is wrong.  Along with everyone who uses General Relativity.

-- Bob Hudson