Daylight Question

• 9 Replies
Daylight Question
« on: February 18, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
Okay, I have been reading through the forums and the FAQ for a while now, and trying to find third party research on this topic. It seems that all the information on the subject is rather scattered of throughout multiple sources. The information that seems the least bit plausible is buried under contradictory facts and  information that is not truly... possible.

Please note: I am not trying to bash anybody's personal beliefs, nor am I trying to change their mind on the subject. This is merely a question that I have. I have searched the forums, and have not found any information regarding it.

Research: The sun over a flat plane would cause the whole plane to experience daytime at the same time. I have gone through the proposed theory of sunlight, and it seems rather unconvincing. But There is a good deal of thought put into it, and it may be plausible in most scenarios. However, there are places in the Arctic that experience daylight up to 22 hours in a day during their summer months. For example, in Alaska they never see less than 15 hours of sun between the months of May and August.  

Question 1: Basically, what I want to know is how is this sunlight, which ranges up to 22 hours throughout June, accounted for? In the model the sun is no longer in a position to provide light to this region (as per earlier claims on the daylight topic), yet Alaska still receives light.
In a round Earth theory, this extra daylight is accounted for due to the Earth's tilted axis. That region is tilted in such a way that as the Earth rotates, and revolves, it is in a particular path along its orbit that allows for the sunlight in the specific hemisphere (in this case Northern) to receive more sunlight than the other (Southern).
Note that this also cause seasons in the round world theory.

Question 2: I notice that there are a lot of posters on this site, and (having created an account) know that the only requirements to post here are to have an email address. Oh, and the recommendation is that you are at least 13, but it isn't mandatory nor checked. My point is that anybody that can find a computer can post here and that when you get that kind of access the information, it usually loses its integrity.

So: Where did you guys (those who follow the Flat Earth Theory) find the information that you have that you are so ready to share, swear by, and criticize anybody who holds a different opinion than your own? Please note that simply answering "this website" is not a choice. First of all, it is completely biased. Second, it is not possible that everybody got together and said "hey let's base our beliefs one source that we all read, even though there are millions of others that contradict it." And third, sites like: www.Billshompage.com/conspiracy/flat+earth/proof do not hold credibility. Show me an organization,  funded group, or even a well acclaimed group that has some kind of information that can be used as a source. I am interested in learning more on this, but am not about to base my ideas on one website anymore than I give out my credit card numbers to random emails claiming to be my bank.

Note: I am not calling anybody a liar, I would just like to see your sources.    [/i]

Daylight Question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:29:52 AM »
Hello?

Daylight Question
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
Quote from: "BluPlague"
Hello?

THE BIBLE
 once saw a video of a monkey washing a cat, that's CRAZY!!
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.

Daylight Question
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:33:54 AM »
dont worry dude they dont have a real response except for they think the sun is 32miles wide and acts as a spot light, they are dumb, i know

Daylight Question
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »
At least our keyboards have shift keys on them.
Bitch.
 once saw a video of a monkey washing a cat, that's CRAZY!!
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Re: Daylight Question
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 12:36:56 PM »
Quote from: "BluPlague"
Question 2: I notice that there are a lot of posters on this site, and (having created an account) know that the only requirements to post here are to have an email address. Oh, and the recommendation is that you are at least 13, but it isn't mandatory nor checked. My point is that anybody that can find a computer can post here and that when you get that kind of access the information, it usually loses its integrity.

I agree very much with that.  I think there should be stronger guidlines for membership.  

And on the rest of your post, you should read through the "True Believers" forum.  Look at all the posts by LordByron.  That is where they get their evidence.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
THE BIBLE

...Okay, I'm glad I have a my minor's in theology. Could you point out where exactly you saw this?
And I would still appreciate replies from some more of you. Where are your sources?   

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
They fabricated their information. They're not scientists, shouldn't consider themselves scientists, and anything they claim on this website should be read for entertainment purposes only. The "Flat Earth Believers" forum is dominated by a guy who apparently took an Intro to Philosophy class and now considers himself "enlightened." There's no science anywhere, except from the people attempting to convince idiots like Tom Bishop, TheEngineer, and midgard, that the earth really is an ellipsoid. Of course, science is a hoax, and every picture of the earth is a fake.
Tom Bishop is a moron.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 11:45:43 AM »
So to review....

1) Nobody has any sources other than this website or an idea that was disproved on many occasions throughout time and history.

2) Photographic evidence from NASA, any government, or any international space team (Russia, Germany, U.S,  or even independent) is not acceptable proof because every government in the entire world is really united and working together on the sole purpose of getting everybody else in the world to believe that the Earth is round (even though doing this has no financial gain, political power, or no gain what so ever).

3) Photographic proof from anybody else taken via plane, spaceship, space elevator, or hot air balloons, even my model rocket that has a camera on it and takes video as it ascends and show the horizon clearly in the background as it falls back to the Earth is unacceptable because everybody knows how to use Photoshop and is also either in on the conspiracy (they'd know the truth from the experience) or a uninformed.

4) There is some great Ice Wall out at the edge of the world, although nobody has ever seen it (including long passed civilizations that documented everything they did from hunting whales to their own bowel movements that would have seen it when there weren't any proposed guards, or sailors who, to this day, use maps and taking coordinates the stars and a pair-of-compass, that metal thing we all used to use to stab each other back in school when the drafting teacher ha his back turned, that wouldn't work on any other map but the Round Earth Model; or people who take cruises to Antarctica -and there are quite a few- who own their own yachts.)

5) The curved horizon that is proven by ships sinking in the distance is supposed to be disproved by the atmosphere playing with our field of vision. Hasn't anybody ever looked straight up? Lie on your back and look straight up. You don't get that affect because you are looking away from the Earth, through the atmosphere I might add, and not at the Earth's curve. Go on try looking at airplanes and helicopters. If the atmosphere answer is true you should get the same effect.

6) And six, I have still not received an answer to the question about Alaska's sunlight. Why is it so bright there, yet this is not duplicated on any regions around it on the proposed map.   

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
They won't respond. You just pwnd them.