Southpark - why isn't it dead?

• 4 Replies
?

Thork

Southpark - why isn't it dead?
« on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
I just watched the latest episode called ass-burgers, a play on Asperger's. I don't know why. I haven't found the last series funny. Have I just become a grumpy old man or are the writers as bored writing it as I have become watching it?

Why are they dragging it out. They will piss people off with these awful episodes. If they don't and just end it, the merchandising will continue as people remember it fondly. They could even sell the franchise. This seems to be the worst option.

I wouldn't have bothered wth this thread, but I found the last episode soooooo terrible it irritated me. >:(

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
Re: Southpark - why isn't it dead?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
Hmm. The last (half) season was OK I thought.

But some of them are a bit shit. The worst one I can remember is a whole episode of Terrance and Philip (Not Without My Anus) It's just badly written and badly animated/drawn (and I don't mean the blocky Canadian animation)

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
The Simpsons have been going on longer.  Frankly, if that isn't dead, South Park has little chance of being killed.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

rooster

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »
Hmm, you've been hanging on even longer than I have. I stopped watching about 2-3 seasons ago. The episodes now are terrible. The older episodes were more original and actually had plots, now it seems like Matt and Trey can't climb off their soapbox.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
You're a bitter old man.