The universe was created ten seconds ago

• 44 Replies

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
Re: The universe was created ten seconds ago
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 06:46:21 AM »
Just sayin' is all...

What is the nature of all? Where is all? How can we know all is really all?  ;D
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 09:32:56 AM »
This universe is a computer simulation created by Aliens in the 71st Century to reserach the rise and fall of the human race.

Proove otherwise.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
Quote from: unclegravy
I have found certain books in our Library which have the author discussing that the earth was made ten seconds ago, with everything in it now.

They say that all memories, all planets, all people, were already created here. So, that memory of your wherein you vomitted while delivering a speech did not really happen!

Rejoice!

That is very true, to say the least. How do we ever know we existed in the past? How do we know we shall exist ten seconds in the future? How do we even know we exist now?
I hate thinking about it that way....I get a headache and very sort of...lost I think. Can't describe it.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
yes. Because they would be in my arms. Being choked. Therefore by my standards, they exist... lady.
You're not even sure if your body exists. You're only sure that YOU, as an entity (your mind) exist.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »
Prove to me that you exist.  Oh, you can't?  No more existence for you.
Oh, frabjous day, callough, calleigh! I'll slap you around whichever way!

Didst thou not read my post, good madamme? I clearly stated that you can't prove your existence to anyone but yourself, since you alone know that you think.

Go thy way! Thou wouldst not from this grove till I torment thee for this injury!

Yes, I read it; did you read mine?

Yes, you can half-assedly prove to yourself that you exist, but what happens when you attempt to prove to ME that you exist?  Or to anyone else, for that matter?  Can you really?  Does this mean you no longer exist?

How can one exist but not exist?  They're contradictory (leave QM out of this, please), so you don't exist.  Face it.

unclegravy

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »
I said only YOU can know you exist, so you can't really prove it to anyone, now can you?

You may believe with all fiber of your being that I don't exist.

Then I may also believe with every puki of my puta that I exist.

Since there is no way to obtain observable and rational evidence, we are justifiable to make a leap of faith.

And I DO believe you exist.;)
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 02:05:54 AM »
I said only YOU can know you exist, so you can't really prove it to anyone, now can you?

You may believe with all fiber of your being that I don't exist.

Then I may also believe with every puki of my puta that I exist.

Since there is no way to obtain observable and rational evidence, we are justifiable to make a leap of faith.

And I DO believe you exist.;)

I believe in Chuck Norris.

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »
do you believe in god?

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
Hmmm, would observing you count as observable evidence? ::)

And how about using logic? There is no rational reason to turn to faith for anything.

?

Eisiger

• I hope she made lots of spaghetti!
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 12:32:05 PM »
So what you are saying is that, like in dreams, you come to an understanding that it is not real, you are creating these things. Out of dreams, reality is all me.
~D-Draw

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »
I have onething to say and no i'm not some crazy babbling nut, though on this site i dont think too many people would think that, we were not created ten seconds ago. Time is an illusion yeah i think that. It is just that people persieve time as happening. It isnt reel so if were able to gain the knowledge of how to break the illusion you could essentailly alter time, past present or future.

unclegravy

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
do you believe in god?
I believe a giant pan of medium-rare Beef patties resides in our earth's core.
At random intervals, they reach out and poke random individuals, giving them (the random individuals) the sudden urge to do evil things, like do the laundry and sing songs by Queen.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »
do you believe in god?

I believe that people believe things. I also believe that those same people are insane. I also, therefore, believe that I am not insane. Therein lies the paradox, and your answer.

unclegravy

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
I believe a giant pan of medium-rare Beef patties resides in our earth's core.
At random intervals, they reach out and poke random individuals, giving them (the random individuals) the sudden urge to do evil things, like do the laundry and sing songs by Queen.
Oh, wrong mistake, they can't possibly be medium rare if they're in the core.