A question, good sirs

• 34 Replies

DonutGuard

• Deal with it.
A question, good sirs
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
Quote from: "unclegravy"
You are turning the discussion around; it does not matter at all if it is evil or not, we are discussing which is fact and not. Or was that the sound of you conceding?

Makes you wonder if this happens every time word of this forum gets out.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; if there be one, he must approve of the homage of reason over that of blind-folded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
A question, good sirs
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 07:17:09 PM »
I say!
Where is that fellow, Tom Bishop, when you so need him?
Here, we have members wanting an explanation regarding this "Shadow Object". The least you could do is honor their questions.

I shall give you the benefit of the doubt, however; you might not have seen this topic yet, so here, I give it a gratituous bump.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonutGuard

• Deal with it.
A question, good sirs
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »
Quote from: "unclegravy"
I say!
Here, we have members wanting an explanation regarding this "Shadow Object". The least you could do is honor their questions.

I shall give you the benefit of the doubt, however; you might not have seen this topic yet, so here, I give it a gratituous bump.

BRILLIANT!
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; if there be one, he must approve of the homage of reason over that of blind-folded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson

?

Tom Bishop

A question, good sirs
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 07:34:35 PM »

The Shadow Object is a bit controversial. Since the Flat Earth Society does not have a budget as big as NASA's, we cannot go up and give you a material analysis.

The first train of thought is that the Shadow Object is located below the moon, moving in tandem, sometimes criss-crossing. A cursory analysis of disappearing stars in the sky near the Shadow Object has reinforced this assumption.

Another train of thought is that the Shadow Object is located near the sun, and its shadow is what appears on the crescent moon. One cannot see the shadow object near the sun during the day because it is blighted out by the light of the sun.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
A question, good sirs
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »
You know, usually the scientific method derives its conclusions after gathering the causes, not making a conlusion and then making up causes/explanations for things.

At any rate, I shall summon William Clifford's words: "A man's belief is valid if there is any evidence that supports it before him"

I can see what's happening to the FE'ers on this board; you are believing based on tenacity. You get a belief, cling to it, and are blind to any evidence that says otherwise, and your minds produce evidence that support it, whether it be a gigantic shadow which no one has seen and/or detected, or a universe that expands in a mind-boggling rate, and has already expanded tenfold.

It is a sad thing, but I am sure you will keep on clinging to this belief.

What, then, is stopping you from clinging on to your belief of Bigfoot, or on the belief that the sun is revolving around the earth.

Ah, a sad thing, indeed.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!