*REAL* proof as too why the Earth is spherical (serious)

• 14 Replies
« on: February 17, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »
Alright well I have been thinking about ways I could prove that you people are wrong, and I have come up with the answer.

You can throw out whatever argument you would like to, but it will not be valid.  But I do fully expect you to try to prove me wrong somehow, because you refuse to accept defeat.

My proof:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/series.jsp?series=118969&gid=0&channel=DSC
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/series.jsp?series=24305&gid=0&channel=DSC

Those are two shows you can watch where you actually get to see the spherical earth from space.

The thing is, amateur rocket builders and weather stations strap cameras onto their flying models all the time.  If you don't believe me, feel free to try it yourself.  Build a rocket that will shoot as high as possible, and strap a camera to it that will relay data back to you.  The video clearly shows a spherical earth, and you can only see one side of the earth.  If you try to argue that what you are seeing appears to be flat, please explain why there is only 1 or 2 continents visible and there is no ice wall.

And before you say it, yes, people have made rockets that can break through the atmosphere, and no the government did not shoot them down.

Argue.
1. Shut up Tom, you're an idiot.

2. If Wolfwood told you to read his signature, please add 1 point to his dumbass count.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
The government invented the video camera.
They're rigged.
Also your eyes are round, so you can't really see what the earth looks like.
 once saw a video of a monkey washing a cat, that's CRAZY!!
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:10:38 PM »
Quote from: "NarmaK"
They're rigged.

Your full of it. Did your know your head is flat too? Lolz, "you" peps crack me up with you flat conspiracies. Why cant you conspire about the JFK or 911 why talk about something that nobody cares about.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »
Your proof is coming straight from the mouth of the conspirators.  

The rest of the Earth is dark (nightime), thus preventing a "rocket propelled camera" from picking up the rest of the Earth.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
And the stars are just street lights!
 once saw a video of a monkey washing a cat, that's CRAZY!!
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
Quote from: "Jesus_is_REAL"
They're rigged.

Your full of it. Did your know your head is flat too? Lolz, "you" peps crack me up with you flat conspiracies. Why cant you conspire about the JFK or 911 why talk about something that nobody cares about.

gullible isn't in the dictionary, go look.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »
Quote from: "EvilToothpaste"

The rest of the Earth is dark (nightime), thus preventing a "rocket propelled camera" from picking up the rest of the Earth.

Incorrect.  You see, your statement that the rest of the Earth is dark cannot be correct for several reasons.

First off, as said above somewhere, what about all of the streetlights?  Just stars out in space?

Second off, the only way your statement would make sense is if all of the rockets were always launched at the same time.  What if you launched it while it was nighttime in your area?  If you are correct, then surely you would see a circle of Earth with a black circle in the middle?

You are wrong, I am right, just admit it for once so this site can be shut down.

2. If Wolfwood told you to read his signature, please add 1 point to his dumbass count.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 06:21:14 PM »
Quote from: "Look At the Horizon!"
Quote from: "Jesus_is_REAL"
They're rigged.

gullible isn't in the dictionary, go look.

It is. Oh wait. Damn I'm stupid!

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »

Who else is in on the conspiracy? We seem to be adding more and more people from the original FAQ estimate every single topic. More evidence that you conspiracy theory is the most far-fetched notion humanity has come up with after FE theory itself and Creationism!!
...population who believe in globularism solely on the basis of having been told so?

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »

The earth is not a barren wasteland. You'd be interested to know that people still function when the sun comes down, and all cities are illumimated at night. Thus making it EASIER to spot them from high altitude than it would be during the day.

That was one of the dumbest answers yet.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
Ah, you'd be bored without me.

?

?

Christmas

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 11:46:06 AM »

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
Quote from: "MooBs"
When a full Moon occurs in the plane of Earth's orbit, the Moon slowly moves through Earth's shadow. Every time that shadow is seen, its edge is round. The only solid that always projects a round shadow is a sphere.

Explain Tom I love you so.

EDIT: According to

how would the Earth block the sun? :|
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »
Bring
Up
My

P.S. read my sig.