Questions regarding a Flat Earth

• 12 Replies
?

Grenade Squirrel

« on: January 16, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
Hello all! I have been reading a couple of the topics here in the forum and I have a couple of questions:

1. If the Earth is indeed flat, what is on the bottom of the Earth, assuming that all of the countries are on the top?

2. If there are glaciers surrounding the earth, why don't the glaciers melt?

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »
#1 is unknown since there has never been any recorded travel off the face of the Earth, but theoretically there is a gigantic mass which is what accounts for our grvity.

#2 is because it's cold. It's like asking why isn't the South Pole melting.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »
but the south pole is melting due to global warming. and considering that the sun is directly above the earth and presumably closer to the earth (in flat earth logic) it would make sense that the glaciers would melt much quicker.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:10:55 PM »
You failed to mention that it is less powerful and smaller than assumed as well. This would be the reason as to why they don't. Granted, they're melting because of global warming, but that doesn't exactly disprove a flat Earth. A flat Earth has an atmosphere as well, and we would have destroyed it just as much anyways.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:33:28 PM »
ok i didnt know that it was supposed to be smaller.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
Well there was an entire topic. It is smaller and less powerful, but closer so it gives the same result as if it were bigger, more powerful and far away.

?

Grenade Squirrel

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 07:25:40 PM »
#1 is unknown since there has never been any recorded travel off the face of the Earth, but theoretically there is a gigantic mass which is what accounts for our grvity.

And all of those journeys out into space mean nothing? Are there no pictures taken from space?

(the sun) is smaller and less powerful, but closer so it gives the same result as if it were bigger, more powerful and far away.

Wouldn't that be the same thing as if it were more powerful and farther away? What I mean is: If the sun was farther away, yet proportionately more powerful, the Earth would receive the same amount of heat if the sun were closer and proportionately less powerful. You said yourself that it would give the same result.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
Quote from: "alex2539"
Well there was an entire topic. It is smaller and less powerful, but closer so it gives the same result as if it were bigger, more powerful and far away.

yea so then it would have the same result that our sun has with global warming and such. like mr. squirrel pointed out.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »
Quote from: "alex2539"
Granted, they're melting because of global warming, but that doesn't exactly disprove a flat Earth.

So you believe in the concept of global warming but you don't believe that the earth is round?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
So you believe in the concept of global warming but you don't believe that the earth is round?

Statement B does not follow statement A.

What you said breaks down to something like this:
Statement A: You believe the earth is flat
ergo
Statement B: You should believe the earth is round.

See how those don't necessitate each other?

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 03:52:23 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

ergo

Again, you missed my point... of course global warming doesn't disprove that the earth is flat...

I'm just pointing out that he believes in a fairly new and complex concept which he has not observe first hand...

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »
Quote from: "pablo"

ergo

Again, you missed my point... of course global warming doesn't disprove that the earth is flat...

I'm just pointing out that he believes in a fairly new and complex concept which he has not observe first hand...

Global warming is more believable than a round Earth mind you.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »
Quote from: "qwerty"
Quote from: "pablo"

ergo

Global warming is more believable than a round Earth mind you.

how is that?