Questions for Bullhorn - I guess anyone can answer then...

• 9 Replies
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:34:45 AM »
Do you believe in the existence of Irak?

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:38:14 AM »
Fine then, what about the holocaust? Do you guys believe in the holocaust?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:08:32 PM »

I'm assuming you mean "Iraq".  And posting meaningless rhetoric isn't condusive to anything, but yes, everyone here belives in Iraq.

Alright, you clearly missed the entire Dionysios incident, wherin he was claiming that the Holocaust was simply a way the jews thought they could gain sympathy.  Notice how he isn't here anymore? (granted there were other factors that contributed to this...like his racism)  Does that answer your question.  Again, meaningless rhetoric.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 03:27:19 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

I'm assuming you mean "Iraq".  And posting meaningless rhetoric isn't condusive to anything, but yes, everyone here belives in Iraq.

depending where you are from, Iraq can be spelt as Irak or Iraq.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

Alright, you clearly missed the entire Dionysios incident, wherin he was claiming that the Holocaust was simply a way the jews thought they could gain sympathy.  Notice how he isn't here anymore? (granted there were other factors that contributed to this...like his racism)  Does that answer your question.  Again, meaningless rhetoric.

Have you been to Iraq? I'm assuming that if you believe in the existence of Iraq you must have seen it first hand...
Ditto for the Holocaust...

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
I know enough people who have seen it first hand...a round Earth on the other hand...I don't personally know anyone who has.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »
but you're still believing in something that you haven't seen yourself, which is the principal argument for flat-earthers...
Maybe all the people you know who claim to have seen Iraq are all part of a conspiracy too...

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:16:51 AM »
Even though on this website you guys think we are fools for believing that the Earth is flat.  When it comes to the Holocaust there is no question that it did happen. There is no sound argument for it not happining, anyone who wants to turn this forum into a debate about it must understand that I will play no part in it.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
Fine, then stop using as an argument that the earth must be flat cause that's the way you see it through your window. Then stop dismissing any image of the earth taken from space by calling them doctored. Then quit saying that you'll believe it when you see it, cause in that case, here's a list of things I haven't seen first-hand and that may as well be all part of conspiracies:

9/11
the war in Iraq
the French revolution
th American revolution
the Kennedy assassination
WWI
WWII
Vietnam war
Korean war
the A-bomb
Evolution
the Moon landing
The signing of the American constitution
the Cuban missile crisis
the Rwandese genocide
the Holocaust
the Mayan genocide
Elvis
the Roman empire
the pyramides
satellites
microwaves
gamma rays
ultra-violets
the Berlin wall
the Cold war
Richard Nixon
George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
Michelangelo
Leonardo Da Vinci
the avian flu
aids
the Chernobyl explosion
Gandhi
Pompeii
Troy
the Vikings in Newfoundland
Mount Everest
Martin Luther King
the Playboy mansion
Dinosaurs
Mozart
... and many more...

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:21:34 AM »
By the way, I don't know where you all live, but when I look out my window, nothing I see hints to me that the world is flat.  The ground under my apartment slopes southward till it hits a river, and then slopes up again noticeably.  About a mile to the north is a mountain, beyond which I happen to have seen at one point or another a large inlet, and then more mountains.  In the west are rolling hills that have in some places been somewhat flattened to put buildings on, but for the most part, there's not a single piece of visibly flat land anywhere in view, as evidenced by how fricking hard it is to ride a bicycle around here.  In general, my area is mostly bumpy and crumply, much more like a pair of badly-folded boxer shorts than, say, a pie plate or a CD.

I can see how you'd be more likely to say, "The Earth sure looks flat to me," if you lived in, oh, I dunno, Kansas; but then, who knows what they teach in those schools?

So really, first-hand observations haven't helped me.  It's only my unfailing belief in the infallibility of my own warped version of logic vs. everybody else's, plus my neurotic mistrust of all forms of authority besides the Church, that has slowly revealed to me the truth about the topology of our flat Earth, an idea that all my reading tells me is a myth invented first by only the most ancient cultures, and then again by 18th-century romantics who wanted to poke fun at their philosophical predecesors in the Renaissance and the Roman Catholic Church.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?