?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
Magnetism on a Flat Earth?????
« on: January 15, 2006, 08:05:09 AM »
Say I just realized something
1) as evidenced by compasses working the earth has a magnetic field
2) the shape of a magnetic field requieres a north and south pole (as can be seen by anyone with a bar magnet and a plastic box of iron fileings)
3) On the round earth model this is explained by having magnetic north poloe of the earthbeing near the north pole of the earth and the magnetic south pole of the earth being near the south pole of the earth. So a round earth theory CAN explain it
4) However a flat earth model has no south pole. THe north pole is the center
5) If there is no south pole magnetism shouldn't work
6)Magnetism however does work and is testable
7) QED the earth isn't flat
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
Alright, Cinlef...usually when you do a point-by-point thing...each number should be an actual point, not just a sentence fragment.

And as for why this works on a flat earth, the entire ice wall has extremely power lodestones frozen inside it, creating a "south pole".

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 03:11:17 PM »
I love how you just make up things and make them facts

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 03:41:45 PM »
And I love how you contribute nothing to a conversation.  See, we both love each other, now we can run away to Canada and have a gay marriage ceremony.  Isn't that nice?

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 04:07:25 PM »
I'm already here dude...

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
Ice walll lodestones would create multiple magnetic fields each with their own magnetic north
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »
I too disagree with the multiple-lodestone theory.

However, I don't see any evidence that the magnetic field lines can't come out of the north pole, go 'round the edge, and back into the north pole from underneath.  So the geographical south pole (the rim) would be quite distinct from the magnetic south pole.

Also, I don't know of any reasons why one cannot have a non-isolated point as a magnetic pole.  Why can't the whole rim be the magnetic south pole?

I guess it's just that I haven't actually gone ahead and tried to find a solution to Maxwell's equations consistent with the current flat-Earth cosmology.  Have you proven this to be impossible, Cinlef?  Of course, we'd need a mathematical proof here.  I'd be willing to read it over if you've got it.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"
And I love how you contribute nothing to a conversation.  See, we both love each other, now we can run away to Canada and have a gay marriage ceremony.  Isn't that nice?

6strings:

Are you propositioning people on this site? You know, I would think twice before considering marriage with anyone posting here . . .

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:12:01 PM »
Touche, Mundi, my friend, touche...
Of course, if I really needed to get a green card...

I'm already here dude...

Anxious aren't we?  Alright, I'll need you to wire me $1000 to come and join you.  Also, I'm the man in the relationship.  Although I'm failry sure this would be self-evidnt, as you strike me as extremely effeminate.  Not that you'll actually be striking, of course, that's my job.  Canada has fairly loose laws about spouse abuse...

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »
Quote from: "6strings"
Touche, Mundi, my friend, touche...
Of course, if I really needed to get a green card...

I'm already here dude...

Anxious aren't we?  Alright, I'll need you to wire me $1000 to come and join you.  Also, I'm the man in the relationship.  Although I'm failry sure this would be self-evidnt, as you strike me as extremely effeminate.  Not that you'll actually be striking, of course, that's my job.  Canada has fairly loose laws about spouse abuse...

we do? please tell me more about our legal system...