Thanks to who ever created this site

• 2 Replies
?

jwpaine

« on: February 16, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to who ever came up with the idea for this website.

A friend of mine just sent me the link, and at first I thought it was silly...but than I got thinking...

It is important to have these types of discussions. These types of sites help promote critical thinking and intellectual exploration; making you think "out of the box".

I may not agree with some of the things people post, but a community that challenges science, regardless of how "stupid" it may sound to some, is a creative bridge to unearthing scientific fact through hypothesis.

I have to laugh at the people who come on here and say "HOW can you possibly think the Earth is flat??" Far to many people have said similar things in the past. The argument is pointless...the discussion, however, is educationally rewording.

Cheers,
     John Paine.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Re: Thanks to who ever created this site
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »
Quote from: "jwpaine"
I just wanted to say thank you to who ever came up with the idea for this website.

A friend of mine just sent me the link, and at first I thought it was silly...but than I got thinking...

It is important to have these types of discussions. These types of sites help promote critical thinking and intellectual exploration; making you think "out of the box".

I may not agree with some of the things people post, but a community that challenges science, regardless of how "stupid" it may sound to some, is a creative bridge to unearthing scientific fact through hypothesis.

I have to laugh at the people who come on here and say "HOW can you possibly think the Earth is flat??" Far to many people have said similar things in the past. The argument is pointless...the discussion, however, is educationally rewording.

Cheers,
     John Paine.

Hallelujah!  Someone that understand the site before asking the usual plethora of silly question!  I love you, Mr. Paine.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »
yea not really
its like the special olympics, you may win but you're still a retard