Earth+Questions (magma problem)

• 5 Replies
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »
So if the earth would look something lik this?

If kept on digging downwards, would i fall off? Or does it stand on some giant column of rock.  Also, since deep down in to the earth lay large amounts of lava, due to gravity, won't the lava melt the layer of rock below it?  Eventually melting eveerything untill it reaches the very bottom.  In that case, wont the surface of the earth collapse due to loss of its support?

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »
Obviousley that is why the earth is really ROUND. And if I'm not mistaken but isn't most of the earth water? That picture is all mountians. :roll:

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
Quote from: "TheEarthIsRoundDumbass"
Obviousley that is why the earth is really ROUND. And if I'm not mistaken but isn't most of the earth water? That picture is all mountians. :roll:

Couldn't find image, or too lazy.  Anyways, i remembered seeing this picture and thought it would be a satisfactory representation of earth, as a disc.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Re: Earth+Questions
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:47:01 PM »
Quote from: "ummm"
If kept on digging downwards, would i fall off? Or does it stand on some giant column of rock.  Also, since deep down in to the earth lay large amounts of lava, due to gravity, won't the lava melt the layer of rock below it?  Eventually melting eveerything untill it reaches the very bottom.  In that case, wont the surface of the earth collapse due to loss of its support?

Masterchief has a beautiful depiction of the FE as his avatar.  You'll see it soon enough if you continue posting.  

We don't know what is underneath the flat Earth, so how can you say there is a layer of rock below the magma which can be melted?

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 07:57:08 PM »
Masterchief has a beautiful depiction of the FE as his avatar. You'll see it soon enough if you continue posting.

We don't know what is underneath the flat Earth, so how can you say there is a layer of rock below the magma which can be melted?

However, if that is true and there is something below the magma which would not melt even if magma interacts with it (super element perhaps?), wont the magma then flow sideway melting the rock there. Eventually magma will be spread across underneath (flat) earth.  And since gravity pushes downwards, the rock on top of the magma will be forced downwards and melt.  Therefore, the surface area of (flat) earth will be sinking, towards the magma.

And what do you mean by continueing posting? like create a new thread multiple times o_o????

?

Temaki

• Flat as his arguments.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
SPOILER: Flat Earthers don't believe in gravity.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Disregard that, I suck cocks.